Old April 27th, 2015, 01:06 PM #1
> ⚡Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay
Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay

Airmos - SCAMMER

Well, it happened to me. Scammed by Airmos.

Here's what transpired:

This is the initial contact from Henshin Justice as I have the same thread there.
Airmos wrote:
Hey, if you're willing to do business with a Canadian trader, I've got these to trade. I'm interested in the Toq-Oh + Tracks set, KR Duke Lemon Energy Arms Figuart, DJ Gun, Musou Saber and Korean Blay Buckle. Hopefully we can make a deal so I can get some if not all of these. Thanks.

As you can see... the photo is legit, name and everything.

So the deal went down like this.
Airmos wrote:
Taichi wrote:
Airmos wrote:
Taichi wrote:
Yo Airmos!

Saw you sent me a message over at HLJ (I function better on here)... the DJ Gun and Musou Saber have been sold, (like just now on eBay), however all the other stuff is available and I'd love to do a trade, and no, I don't mind that it's Canada!

The ones I need from your collection is:

- Black (High Priority)
- Blue(High Priority)
- Pink (High Priority)
- Yellow (Trini) (High Priority)

- Yellow (Boi) (Low Priority)
- Armored Black (Low Priority)

So let me know what you want to do... should you want to possibly supplement another couple of items for the two that sold, I'm cool with that man. Also, do so fairly. Meaning, do cheat yourself out of anything... I don't mind working it out for what they're worth... I'm fair and want to stick as closely as possible on a straight up and up trade.

Thanks for the help!!

Jason
Hey,

So I did a little research for value and such. Here's the breakdown before shipping (average prices from eBay, Amazon and forums):

- Black (High Priority) -42$
- Blue(High Priority) -85$
- Pink (High Priority) -146$
- Yellow (Trini) (High Priority) -84$

- Yellow (Boi) (Low Priority) -86$
- Armored Black (Low Priority) -66$

So just the priorities are totaled at 357$. For that I would like:

ToQger mechs (ToQ-Oh, Build Dai-Oh, rainbow tracks) -270$
Kamen Rider Duke Figuart -70$
Ranger Key Set 01 -10$
5 extra keys -5$each = 25$

All that totals 375$. Since it's higher, I'll eat the shipping, figuarts aren't too large to ship. If you'd also like the other two low priority figuarts, I would also take for them:

Chogokin Gokai-Oh -40$
Kamen Rider Gaim Kachidoki Arms -75$
Kamen Rider Kiva Emperor -45$

So my 152$ versus your 160$. Again, small difference to cover my shipping.

Let me know what you think and let's see if we can work something out. Thanks.

Since I want to get rid of all of that... I'll take you up on the whole thing including the other 3 items you mentioned!

If you can give me a day or two to get it all boxed up I'll get it shipped out to you.

Thanks again for the help!
Alright, sounds awesome! I'll only be able to ship out on Friday, so no rush on your end. It's best to ship out at the same time anyway. So just send me your address, and I'll leave you mine.

-removed his address-

Thanks again!
So that was that, all legit... no worries. Some of those items were sold on eBay, so that's why the list doesn't exactly match what we finalized. In fact things worked really well, it was sent off exactly on time... as this shows.

Airmos wrote:
Hey. Just sent out With CanadaPost and it will be delivered by USPS. Here's the tracking:

LM034018252CA

Let me know when you send. Thanks.
And I sent my box of stuff:

Taichi wrote:
Just did! CJ197965272US

Here's a photo of the goodies!

Thanks again! And there's more packing in there than that... just wanted you to see... careful with that paper. It's from the laminate I use here, it's pretty sharp on the edges.

Jason
Now here's when everything goes to hell.

I tracked the package and it arrived in my area. And also, here's why you don't screw me with my amazing post office staff. After talking to a couple of the Supervisors I know and knowing my mailman very well, they did some digging. The package definitely has the correct tracking, but completely wrong address. And this address is to nothing... it's a abandoned area.

Definitely not my address, mine is:

4403 S. Range Line Road

But here's the kicker... 44th Street is also called Silver Creek Road. So what happened, well, it wasn't his first rodeo, I can assure you of that... he obviously found a residential address belonging to someone in my area. What could have been done, and what he hoped, would be that the package would go missing. Meaning that the resident wouldn't send it back, he keeps my stuff and claims the missing items and get's his insurance on the items. In the meantime, he has my stuff and gets away with it. Or it's returned to him and he's not out anything.

But if not for my post office guys being on top of things, this probably would have been the case, but not so... I also have a video of me opening the package, but there wasn't anything in it... just peanuts and a plastic baggie with a little of that dense padding.

Now, here's the deal, as a Veteran Dealer, it was well within my right to ask for the items first. I did not do so, so shame on me. That said, my too trusting nature has been severely jaded and I will, under no circumstances ask for trades again, unless that person follows the new rules implemented by the mods. Yes, it's due to this why that is now in effect. It's the best way to protect you and while not many feel comfortable with that, get scammed once and see how much you'd like to have that ability to fight.

I'll ask Airmos this. I know you obviously have no remorse over this as you've been on the board, but never answered any of my PMs, but I'll ask you this... to rectify yourself, you can do one of 3 things.

- Pay me for my items
- Return my items, YOU pay the shipping
- Send me what I was getting

Plain and simple. Nothing I can do, I know that, but I can guarantee you one thing, you will NEVER do business on this board again.

Live and learn.
Old April 27th, 2015, 01:20 PM #2
> ϟDecade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER

Decade

It's pretty obvious especially with the box declared as nothing...
Old April 27th, 2015, 01:22 PM #3
> ⚡Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay
Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay

No kidding. I have to admit, it was a thorough scam.
Old April 27th, 2015, 01:26 PM #4
> monkey540
Assassin Ranger

monkey540
Assassin Ranger

You can also choose to abandon a package rather than have it returned at your own expense. so that was likely in this case.

Really sorry to hear that this happened to you Taichi, it's quite disgusting to think people do that.

I've never had this level of problem, but I've had someone not ship until pestered by admins and it was not a nice situation. Shyed me away from doing almost no future trades.
Old April 27th, 2015, 01:28 PM #5
> ϟDecade

Decade

Airmos has been labeled a scammer - the info will be added to our Master Scammer List soon.

Airmos, if you want to get this status lifted - then you have to make things right with Taichi first.
Old May 2nd, 2015, 07:19 PM #6
> ⚡Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay
Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay

I'm very sorry to hear you had to go through this, that's the unfortunate problem with trades because at the end of the day it's based on trust. The person can take endless pictures to prove they have the items, but if they will honestly keep their end of the deal is the questionable part.

While reading your post I was waiting to see the happy ending because you mentioned your post office being on top of things. Like the person's scam being found out and he was charged for fraud or something. I think only safe way to do trades is to only do them in person at a police station so your personal safety is also secure and they can't try and scam you.

I hope there is a resolution to this and you end up getting your stuff.
Old May 6th, 2015, 11:35 AM #7
> KamenRiderOOO
Super! TaToBa TATOBA!

KamenRiderOOO
Super! TaToBa TATOBA!

Thank you for this report. He was operating on Tokunation as well and attempted to sell me something there. I've already issued a ban to him there so he doesn't pull this again.
Old May 6th, 2015, 12:03 PM #8
> Xephon0930
Power Ranger

eBay
Xephon0930
Power Ranger

eBay

KamenRiderOOO wrote: View Post

Thank you for this report. He was operating on Tokunation as well and attempted to sell me something there. I've already issued a ban to him there so he doesn't pull this again.
This reminds me of the BS TJOmega had to deal with with Andy.

I would personally go after said scammer and sue his ass for all he's worth.
Old May 6th, 2015, 03:53 PM #9
> ⚡Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay
Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay

KamenRiderOOO wrote: View Post

I'm so happy you saw this in time. It really angers me that people of fandom could behave this way. It's one thing to want something really bad, but to the point of taking what isn't yours? I don't know how people are able to even enjoy the items with out any sense of guilt.

Xephon0930 wrote: View Post

I would personally go after said scammer and sue his ass for all he's worth.
That would be a great pay back but I think the problem lies in finding the proper location of these scammers. I wouldn't be surprised if they use fake addresses so they can't be located.
Old May 6th, 2015, 04:00 PM #10
> ShinySephiroth
The Power Ranger Archives

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

Wouldn't a search warrant from the police give them access to his IP address to track him down? I literally don't know, I'm just asking.
Old May 6th, 2015, 06:30 PM #11
> ⚡Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay
Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay

ShinySephiroth wrote: View Post

Wouldn't a search warrant from the police give them access to his IP address to track him down? I literally don't know, I'm just asking.
oh that's true but would the police get involved for a case like this? If it is possible Taichi you should look into that so he doesn't get away.
Old May 6th, 2015, 07:34 PM #12
> MarkKing
Power Ranger

MarkKing
Power Ranger

I feel bad, I had a problem with a trade once, not on ranger board...but now I do not trade period. It pucking hurts....I work had to buy figures and I traded them, and the person never sent the stuff on his end.

I refuse to trade, because it kind of scorned me.
Old May 6th, 2015, 09:41 PM #13
> Megasentai
!!let go on!!

Megasentai
!!let go on!!

ShinySephiroth wrote: View Post

For all we know he is properly using a Wifi at a fast food place or someones opened wifi so it would be to difficult to track that person down.
Old May 8th, 2015, 09:32 AM #14
> ⚡Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay
Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay

So... big update. I wanted to clear the air with the recent events.

Airmos did in fact contact me over a week ago with a response to making amends. Very apologetic and really wanted to just get things cleared up. That said, I personally don't care why he did it... I just want compensation. I explained that I wasn't mad at him, or thought ill of him... I just hated the position he put me in. And to this day, I will always be friendly to him... whatever reason made him do this, and while it's not condoned in any way, shape or form doesn't mean he's a BAD guy.

That said. What I ask of the people here is to be easy on him. While that may be hard for some, and some would question why I'm being nice, it's easy... he's working on it, and I can't hate someone for wanting to work it out.

I'm not going into detail... but the gist of the story is... he's making 3 payments every week for three weeks and a said amount that HE himself set. I am perfectly fine with this as by the time I receive the last payment, I actually won't be out anything... items will be paid in full as will the shipping I incurred with mailing.

As of today, two payments have been received and next Friday will be the last payment. He's been completely on top of it and punctual.

That's my update, I'll let you know next Friday at the status. If all is done, which I know it will be, I want to put this all behind us and let him back into this group. Maybe some of you find that to be too kind. Not me... sorry... he did a bad thing, he's making up for it... I hope that you all will understand this and not make things difficult for Airmos.
Old May 8th, 2015, 09:53 AM #15
> ⚡Lord Zedd
Blah

32 eBay
Lord Zedd
Blah

32 eBay

^so glad to hear that he is making right with this!!!
Old May 8th, 2015, 11:13 AM #16
> GoldLightning
Break the Limit,Go-onGold

GoldLightning
Break the Limit,Go-onGold

Lord Zedd08 wrote: View Post

^so glad to hear that he is making right with this!!!
Me too. I, personally, am wary of trades unless i see trading feedback on the other persons page. Then i'm less wary. So i'm sorry it happened in the first place, but at least he is making up for it. So kind of a "faith in humanity restored" thing. Or partially restored, as not everyone would work it out and try to make it right like he did. So good on him.
Old May 8th, 2015, 12:20 PM #17
> ShinySephiroth

eBay
ShinySephiroth

eBay

This is amazing news! Good on him!
Old May 9th, 2015, 03:43 PM #18
> MammothRyuu
Five Black/Mammoth Ranger

MammothRyuu
Five Black/Mammoth Ranger

Damn. This is twice I got lucky dealing with a scammer. This person was offering me some stuff from my wants thread but I was too broke to afford any of it. Good thing I didn't make any deals with him. Sorry to hear this guy screwed you over.
Old May 9th, 2015, 05:34 PM #19
> ⚡Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay
Dyl
Install Megaranger!

eBay

Taichi wrote: View Post

So... big update. I wanted to clear the air with the recent events.

Airmos did in fact contact me over a week ago with a response to making amends. Very apologetic and really wanted to just get things cleared up. That said, I personally don't care why he did it... I just want compensation. I explained that I wasn't mad at him, or thought ill of him... I just hated the position he put me in. And to this day, I will always be friendly to him... whatever reason made him do this, and while it's not condoned in any way, shape or form doesn't mean he's a BAD guy.

That said. What I ask of the people here is to be easy on him. While that may be hard for some, and some would question why I'm being nice, it's easy... he's working on it, and I can't hate someone for wanting to work it out.

I'm not going into detail... but the gist of the story is... he's making 3 payments every week for three weeks and a said amount that HE himself set. I am perfectly fine with this as by the time I receive the last payment, I actually won't be out anything... items will be paid in full as will the shipping I incurred with mailing.

As of today, two payments have been received and next Friday will be the last payment. He's been completely on top of it and punctual.

That's my update, I'll let you know next Friday at the status. If all is done, which I know it will be, I want to put this all behind us and let him back into this group. Maybe some of you find that to be too kind. Not me... sorry... he did a bad thing, he's making up for it... I hope that you all will understand this and not make things difficult for Airmos.
Thanks for keeping us updated! I'm so happy to hear everything is working out. It's a good thing you kept your cool and he is responding.
Old May 15th, 2015, 08:12 AM #20
> ⚡Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay
Taichi
Takatora...

32 eBay

Alrighty... final update.

Final payment has been received. I have been fully reimbursed for all my items.
Closed