Menu

Closed

Old March 20th, 2015, 10:50 AM #1
> Cestro
Host of The Onyx Tavern

Cestro
Host of The Onyx Tavern

The Onyx Tavern interview with Sabrina Lu

I was able to find Ms. Lu on Facebook and she agreed to an interview! I wanted to finally clear up why she never returned as Scorpina in Power Rangers. While there have been various rumors as to why, Ms. Lu clarified this matter for me. Hope you guys enjoy it!

The Onyx Tavern presents an interview with Ms. Sabrina Lu!

https://youtu.be/X_0ouxpQWGM
Old March 20th, 2015, 11:00 AM #2
> Scarpine496
Power Ranger

Scarpine496
Power Ranger

Just recently discovered The Onyx Tavern podcasts when searching for stuff. These videos are quite interesting and I find it good that you managed to get an interview with Sabrina Lu. I have yet to listen to a lot of these in full so sometime, I will get round to listening to this. I'd love to listen to what happened and maybe also shed some light on the wherabouts of Scorpina too, lol.
Old March 20th, 2015, 11:01 AM #3
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

Is it really clearing up if she doesn't know why they never contacted her either?
Old March 20th, 2015, 11:03 AM #4
> Cestro
Host of The Onyx Tavern

Cestro
Host of The Onyx Tavern

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

Is it really clearing up if she doesn't know why they never contacted her either?
The speculation always was that they could't keep her for more than one episode. Here she explains they just never called her back. If we track down the original producers I'm sure we will have an explanation for that. But the fact that they never called her dose clear it up more than what we have had. Now we have fact and not rumor.
Old March 20th, 2015, 11:08 AM #5
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

Cestro wrote: View Post

The speculation always was that they could't keep her for more than one episode. Here she explains they just never called her back. If we track down the original producers I'm sure we will have an explanation for that. But the fact that they never called her dose clear it up more than what we have had. Now we have fact and not rumor.
I thought the fan speculation had always been the "They lost her information" bit she mentions. Or more realistically were just too cheap to bring her back.
Old March 20th, 2015, 11:12 AM #6
> Cestro
Host of The Onyx Tavern

Cestro
Host of The Onyx Tavern

Titanium321 wrote: View Post

I thought the fan speculation had always been the "They lost her information" bit she mentions. Or more realistically were just too cheap to bring her back.
If I had to take a guess, I would say that the production didn't want to deal with paying an actress who's face you could see, nor did they want to deal with any more Zyuranger footage. I am curious as to why they brought her in for one episode and basically dropped her with no resolution of any kind. I also find it odd that a production could "lose" an actress' information. Plus, she did say that the audition was for a guest character. So I also wonder if the script was changed to have Scorpina live at the end, rather than being destroyed by the Thunder Ultrazord. There is still more to find out, and this goes back to my original issues with a lack of production information. The fact that we are not 100% how or why this happened for over 20 years is astonishing!
Old March 21st, 2015, 04:45 PM #7
> Cestro
Host of The Onyx Tavern

Cestro
Host of The Onyx Tavern

Scarpine496 wrote: View Post

Just recently discovered The Onyx Tavern podcasts when searching for stuff. These videos are quite interesting and I find it good that you managed to get an interview with Sabrina Lu. I have yet to listen to a lot of these in full so sometime, I will get round to listening to this. I'd love to listen to what happened and maybe also shed some light on the wherabouts of Scorpina too, lol.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate it! There is an interview I did a few months ago with Kevin Rubio of Power Rangers Super Samurai if you are interested, that was the first interview I ever did. And I think it did help me when talking to Ms. Lu, I was less nervous.
Old March 22nd, 2015, 01:02 AM #8
> MastaDan
Mastodon!

MastaDan
Mastodon!

Glad you've been able to get some interviews now. I remember a while back you posted about how hard it was to get in contact with people and things. But I've always enjoyed your show regardless. I just think thought that things like this sort of prove it doesn't have to be someone major, or a main cast member to still make for an interesting interview.
Closed