Thread: [OT] Disney Princess
View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2015, 12:13 PM #100
> JNTA1234
Power Ranger

JNTA1234
Power Ranger

Titanium, you did say Merida was a PARTICULARLY good role model, meaning you think she's especially a good role model and to a greatet extent than the others. Then you just said you dont think she's the best, that is a contradiction, and you were implying that shes the best. And in my opnion, when you put me between a rock and a hard place I'd say she's one of the worst. At the end of the day I think they're all good and bad role models. I did explain the positives of the older princesses and I think there is just as much positive as there is negative. And there is nothing wrong with little girls looking to them as role models. All the princesses know who they are and what they want whether it be a prince or freedom. And I did explain why Merida isnt all that of a big deal because all Brave did was take Ariel and Jasmine story and cut the princes out. And I did explain why I think shes just like Ariel.

PS Mulan sucks at being a perfect woman and she sucks at being a man. She can only be herself not a man. I could easily cut the romance out of Mulan's story and romances have been neither here nor there since Mulan. I think its great that Merida doesnt have a prince but I dont think shes this unique revolutionary character people make her out to be.

Last edited by JNTA1234; April 7th, 2015 at 05:26 PM.
JNTA1234 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote