Thread: [MOVIE] Toy Story 4
View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2014, 07:49 AM #45
> ⚡Titanium321

Titanium321

Primo Haim Saban wrote: View Post

But this is continuing a trend they started with Cars 2 and are continuing with Finding Dory, Cars 3 and The Incredibles 2. After Brave, it's become clear that they've lost some faith in their new intellectual properties.
I firmly believe the Cars stuff is actually being forced down Pixar's throats by Disney because it sells merchandise like crazy and the reason it's so bad is that they don't actually care about it or want to put their all into it. No heart and Pixar is all heart. I'm surprised there isn't an Alan Smithee credit on it at times.

There is a difference between having no faith in new properties and having more ideas for old ones. A sequel doesn't automatically mean "We've got to rehash something because new stuff isn't working" especially since they still pump out new stuff and the sequels are fairly unique on their own. Pixar just likes revisiting their favorites when they have the right idea.

With the Incredibles, they always intended to do more but the timing never worked out for them. Some of their movies were always intended to be revisitable and others are meant to be left on their own.

Remember, they are still releasing new movies, not just sequels. They've just had a few sequels announced, but they tend to announce these things well in advance. Which helps since they've had to shut a few projects down because other studios stole the ideas and released them first. I'd agree they had lost faith in original properties if they only had sequels lined up but they don't. In fact the next 2 Pixar movies coming out are original properties.

There is also the factor of time here to consider. Pixar's built up a big library over the years, it's not unthinkable for them to actually want to revisit their favorites. You're making it sound like they have no choice they have to pump out sequels now.
Titanium321 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote