View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2011, 01:15 AM #7
> GreenWithEvilRanger
MMPR Collector

GreenWithEvilRanger
MMPR Collector

Here are two power morphers in various conditions I decided to customize.
Also the morpher on the left stays on the left in all pictures and vice-versa.

(Sorry I already started the sticker removal process on the right one)

So first I remove the plates from the morpher.

So I heard alot of ways to remove stickers from the plates, but I didn't want to spend the extra money so I found a household way. I just peeled the stickers off as best as I could then soaked the plates in 100% canola oil for about 20 minutes, then I just used a towel to wipe away all the residue and washed them afterwards.

So here they are after their canola bath and got sanded with 1000 grit sandpaper to even out any bumps.

Oddly enough they both have some nicks in almost the same place it is creepy. But you can tell by the left morpher having the pink on top and being less sanded. And now I know people are gonna get on me for sanding and priming but hey it cant hurt.
Here they are with one coat of Rust-oleum White Plastic Primer (looks whiter then in pic)

Then I did a coat of Testors Metallic Gold #1244 and two coats of Rust-oleum Painters Touch Gloss Clear. I waited an hour between each coat, primer-paint-clear coat, and 30 minutes for second clear coat.

Here they are all done and dried and put back on morphers

So when I picked up these morphers they came with one set of tv accurate stickers but not reprolabels. I never had reprolabels but the letters on these stickers pop out, like the letters are their own stickers on the red circle. But here is the right morpher with stickers and my tigerzord coin from the toy. Now I am just waiting on my reprolabels
GreenWithEvilRanger is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote