View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2018, 07:29 AM #7
> shoujoaifan01
Power Ranger

shoujoaifan01
Power Ranger

With me, I loved both the original Birdman repeats as a kid, and liked Harvey Birdman AaL.....before he became the butt monkey of his own show. Not saying the main character of a comedy can't be the focus point of the humilation time from time, but it was even handed before , with him getting to be on top of the situation time from time.

By the shows end he just served to be the staight man to everyone's else's gimmics (if actually funny gimmics.) I'm not even opposed to his wife constantly cheating on him for comedy's sake, except that was the gimmics of every female pop culture icon in Robot Chicken and 1/2 the other AS shows (and every abridged series influenced by AS at the time) so it always came off as more time filler, and an Adult Swim cliche, a cliche they already made tired before AS itself 5 years old.

Hopefully the new special will have a balance of the old and new magic, especially since Harvey sounds like he's basically trying to take Not-Trump down from the inside. And even if it does just end up like it's later seasons, that's not so bad because they were still funny (outside of Birdmans actual parts), and MILES above 1/2 the programming AS has anyway.
shoujoaifan01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote