View Single Post
Old December 31st, 2018, 08:28 PM #56
> ComicGuy89
Power Ranger

ComicGuy89
Power Ranger

The T-rex is certainly an interesting design, it feels like a little bit of a departure from the standard Sentai design philosophy, being more jagged and rough and having very obvious weapons. In fact it reminds me a lot of the T-Rex in the 2017 movie, including where the weapons are placed.

zZigxZagz wrote: View Post

This is a new bold move from Bandai. Red mechas that can transforms into robot on its own are not new but still rare, only RyuseiOh and Go-Buster Aceso far but they've never considered the official main robot of the year because the main robots of each respective series are pretty big upgrade: DairenOh and Go-Buster Oh which imo feels significant bigger and stronger than regular main robot from the rest of the series.

With these 2 above examples and KishiRyuuOh is considered official main robot of the year kinds of underwhelming. The combination of the main robot has nowhere to be seen, the rest 4 individual mecha are treated like auxiliary mecha from the beginning is also new. As a fan of sentai combination robot, I kind of shock to see this development. Of course KishiRyuuOh can combine with 6th ranger robot for real in Q2 but it doesn't change the fact that there is no proper combination from the beginnning.
I agree with what grnrngr said about the combination maybe just not happening in the first episode.

If I recall (correct me if I'm wrong), when Go-busters was first teased, the focus was solely on Go-buster Ace, to the point that some of us said (at that time) that Ace was treated as the main mecha for the year.
ComicGuy89 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote