> Movie-Brat
Power Ranger

Movie-Brat
Power Ranger

Godzilla: Long Live the King of the Monsters

UPDATE: TRAILER FOR 2014 MOVIE

SECOND 2014 TRAILER

--------------------------------------------

I couldn't find a thread. So might as well make one myself. Of all the films in 2014, this is high on my anticipation list of films for the next year. I've been tracking this film since 2009 since Toho entered negotiations with Legendary Pictures. In other words, I'm happy with what I'm hearing so far. Actually saying that is a bit of understatement.

Sorry for the double post but I wanted to give my own thread more support. Well, might as well get things going. Here's what interests me so far.

Quote:
"Its very much a character-driven movie, which I think is a fair thing to say. Its got an epic spectacle to it, yet and I have to be careful which words I use - but its got somber moments as well. Its quite haunting and quite moving. We tried to make a blockbuster that harks back to the pace and style of the early '80s and late '70s action movies.

http://www.blastr.com/2013-7-21/what...d-us-comic-con

Quote:
It felt small, [Elizabeth] Olsen said. It felt creative. I never waited around for two hours for a setup. We were just on set the whole time going at it. It was like an independent production, really.

[Aaron]Taylor-Johnson also described the intimate atmosphere on set.

It happened to be a big-budget art film, really, the way [Edwards] wanted to shoot it and the way he wanted to direct it, he said.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...dary-panel/#/0

What interests me is that Edwards sounds like he wants to make this the "Dredd" of Kaiju movies but he also made it a personal project. Which is great considering the best Godzilla movies are the ones made with passion like the original 1954 film and GMK.

Last edited by TeraMan; July 21st, 2018 at 02:23 PM.
Movie-Brat is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote