Thread: [TOKU] Super Sentai of the Past
View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2016, 06:17 PM #98
> TimeCrimson
Once upon a TimeCrimson..

TimeCrimson
Once upon a TimeCrimson..

Taichi wrote: View Post

I'm in that group that absolutely loves Goseiger. In fact, I'm also one that considers Gokaiger one of the worst. If it didn't have the Anniversary factor behind it, Gokaiger is even below Shinkenger. I don't get why people love the characters so much, Marvelous especially... I didn't find really one thing about any of the core that I "liked". People saying they want a Marvelous style red for Zyuohger, why? Gai on the other hand was fun, but he more reflected who "we" are. Just my opinion.
I also am kinda in that boat with Gokaiger. I do admit that I thought it was a good sentai, with some great moments and awesome tributes to the past, and Basco was a great villain. I'm not making fun of anyone's opinion here but I don't really understand how so many people say it's their favorite. It's good and all, but it literally revolves around past SS, and if you strip that(and or replace it with a more generic treasure), there isn't really a plot/basically a kinda different Boukenger. And I didn't like the villains at all besides that Carranger episode and Basco.

I thought Marvelous was a good red. I think Ryota Ozawa played him perfectly as a snarky pirate captain who learns to care more about his crewmates and becomes into a justice loving red. He's definitely not my favorite(or in my favorites), but he did have some good moments I liked. I thought the cast was actually pretty good, with how they acted/played their characters(and the suit actors were also fantastic, especially Yasuhiro Takeuichi and Mizuho Nogawa, Green and Pink). I also loved Luka like everyone else, so yeah.

I think it's overrated to be honest now thinking about it, but I don't hate it.

HowlingSnail wrote: View Post

I do believe Overtime's actually translated it all, but releases are delayed by some encoding problems which I don't understand at all.
Yeah, I don't understand that either. I heard it's a problem with the Raw or something, or I just heard that it won't encode. I'd like to reach out to them to see if they need any help however.
TimeCrimson is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote