View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2019, 08:24 PM #965
> Alitain
God of Benevolence

Alitain
God of Benevolence

Oh boy
Well that was a jam-packed finale, but first. Spring Break: Senior Year. So obviously first off, missing Jug and burning his beanie. I feel like it's a bit too obvious that Jug would be dead, on the other hand... But yeah I feel like Jug is off screen disposing of the body or something and once we get to that moment, or another flash forward if they go that route, we'll see it but I guess yeah, we'll see.

Penelope, all along. I liked the Gargoyle King plot overall but I feel like, with the reveal of the culprit...that it sorta came out of almost nowhere. I say almost, cause her reasons make total sense for her, but still. Hal was a stooge, assumedly Chick was caught? I mean they didn't say, so maybe we'll get Black Hood 2 next season. I did appreciate they answered the question about Chick, and did tie these last three seasons together in a way. Kinda disappointed with the trials. Mainly, the guys' were just to fight someone. Yay....*sarcasm*. I mean Archie's sorta made sense, but Jugs? Of course Betty and Veronica's were more interesting and really those two proved they weren't like the town. But really, Archie and Jug just kicked the crap out of their opponents, hell I thought Archie was gonna kill the bear guy. I feel like those challenges either didn't really do anything to try and promote some quest to prove themselves better than the town, or they failed by just resorting to plain violence. Then again, Penelope didn't care(shocker) they succeeded, so it was all moot anyways.

Alice is an FBI informant. Gotta say, she certainly sold it. No, like literally, she sold her house to prove herself, damn. And ha! I bet people will still complain that Kevin got screwed just because he wasn't abducted with the others. But hey, at least he didn't vanish. Now we'll have that mystery to solve next season. All the robes were there...elaborate trap doors, or maybe Edgar did his mind mojo on Kevin to make him forget he saw anything of how they actually escaped? I will say, I don't jump on the 'poor Kevin is hated by the writers' bandwagon but I hope we get to see the after effects of the Farm on him, and hopefully he'll play some kind of role with clearing up the mystery. But in shows like this, some characters are just meant to be secondary and Kevin is that, so oh well.

Oh Cheryl...oh Cheryl...she's....she's totally nuts right? Like...she's keeping his corpse around to talk to, so she's totally going to be secretly crazy next season right? So creepy... Though part of me wonders if Edgar was really behind it as he claimed. Guess it's probably likely. And hey, surprise to no one, Hiram screwed over Hermione and Veronica by getting Hermione arrested. And obviously Hiram is living the high prison life. In his own damn prison, I mean seriously I feel like the FBI should've thought that one through a bit more, but maybe there's some legal reason why he can't be sent to another prison? I don't know, but he'll be gunning for Veronica so that should be fun. And I wonder if Reggie getting Veronica's cold shoulder again, and inevitably seeing her with Archie, will cause anything.

Oh yeah, and the lost son returns, as an FBI agent. I hope he's just an honest good guy, especially when the kids have to cover up a murder it'll make it more entertaining that Betty will have to lie to her honest FBI half brother. Also it makes it only a tad weird I feel that Charles is the half brother to both Betty and Jug, since those two are dating. I know, it doesn't really mean anything, but it does make you pause just a bit I feel. Hope there'll be fun with that.

So, parent tally time!
Betty: Dad dead, mother mysteriously vanished for the time being, so currently will either be staying with Jug or maybe Charles will over her a place wherever he's staying. I feel like a normal parent wouldn't let their teen's significant other stay with them on a normal, everyday basis but maybe I'm just off base here.

Veronica: Both still alive, but Hiram is evil and in jail and Hermione is...well still kinda evil and heading towards jail as well leaving Veronica in the care of Smithers for now.

Jug: Mother is gone with the wind, for now but hey dad is still alive and, somewhat surprisingly, still sheriff. Yay Jug?

Archie: Mother still around, and maybe Ringwald will stick around more next season. Fred...well there's only so long you can write him as being on trips or Archie just not being around him so I'm counting him gone in some way by next season. And now he's going to try and open Archie's Juice Bar. Where teens can "volunteer" to teach martial arts, do holiday activities, various get togethers involving food, and probably rack up the food cost when he keeps having food spilling on a couple bumbling punks. Also, he needs a Hawaiian shirt. Just sayin.

But no, fun finale and next season will likely be crazy too. It's sort of adorable seeing the four of them vowing to have a normal life. You'd think by now they wouldn't be so na´ve! Though I kinda really want to see one or more of them actually really try for a normal life. Like purposely turn a blind eye to next season's craziness, deny deny deny, that kinda thing. That'd be fun.
Alitain is online now     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote