View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2019, 04:58 PM #35
> dark ranger 86
I AM HERE

dark ranger 86
I AM HERE

AkaPrimoKanyeWest wrote: View Post

That was the writing. The performances were up to the actors, and they brought far more life to the bullies than we ever would have gotten otherwise.

Saying Paulie and Narvy didn't possess adept comic intuition is like saying Jason David Frank wasn't a good martial artist.
Oh I'm not discrediting Paulie and Narvy their comic intuition they made Bulk and Skull classic characters. I just don't find walking into a room and having a cake fall on them being masterful. If anything they set the standard in PR as Marah and Kapri, Cassidy and Devin, Victor and Monty all followed they same template gave the same enthusiasm in their performance. The difference is most of us older fans saw the latter comedic duos not through the eyes of a five year old but as more mature young adults so the same exact antics us older fans saw Bulk and Skull do as kids on difference faces just isn't funny and considered lame and annoying.

Personally I never laughed at anything Victor and Monty did and thought their comedy was dated and done for a cheap laugh and could've been written better. Like way better. But then I thought to myself that's the 32 year old in me talking and my sense of humor has evolved since a child. And maybe they're 5,6,7 year olds out there who genuinely think Victor and Monty are funny. Plus I'll give credit where it's due and say Chris Reid and Caleb Bendit put their all in those characters. However it's like what you said it's writing.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to take a shower because I feel dirty defending Victor and Monty in something.
dark ranger 86 is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote