View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2019, 06:00 AM #11
> MagnaChipster
keep your cape on batbot

MagnaChipster
keep your cape on batbot

TheSentaiGuy wrote: View Post

Anyway, it was a competent episode, but this didn't do anything to help make me think Nate is the right choice for a ranger, moreso his characterization thus far. Especially when paired with Jin's far more aggressive and cocky body language, not to mention his interaction with J. Nate has not been shown to have any such traits, and suddenly smashing his more passive and meek personality against macho body language and slapstick like interactions with Steel creates a discrepancy that only serves to make things seem even more like the character of Nate as shown is a poor fit. Maybe there will be more original footage that displays more of Nate's characteristics, and will hopefully replace scenes of obvious Jin body language.
Nate isn't meek and passive at all, though? He's made it very clear he hates being seen as weak and not being taken seriously, and he's not afraid to let that known (even yelling at Commander Shaw for insisting he can't leave without a buddy). Or when he was firm about Ravi not using the neutralizer gadget to make Avatar Roxy good again. The only time he's really been "shy" is regarding his crush on Zoey, and even then that could just be interpreted as him trying to get around the "no dating rangers" rule. Just because he's the smart guy doesn't automatically make him a doormat.

And honestly, I don't understand the vitriol over changing the bug at all. It's really not that big of a deal. Especially since, in my opinion, the "horns" of the gold ranger helmet can easily be seen as a stylized mantis head (they both have that triangular shape).

Fantastic episode, and so satisfying after all the drama regarding Blake. And I already adore Steel.
MagnaChipster is offline     Reply With QuoteReply With Quote