View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2019, 12:01 AM #37
> Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay
Red Dino Ranger
Defender of Earth

eBay

These beauties arrived a couple of days ago. And man was it a long wait...I'd ordered them off Play-Asia, along with a pre-order I have with them and had selected a shipping option where I'd pre-paid all the import tax and duties.

Fast forward a few months later (I made the order in late January) - turns out that not only did I didn't need to wait for combined shipping, as the pre-order is for a Play-Asia exclusive, which ships free, but also that the shipping option I'd selected is no longer available.

So after a few e-mails they refunded me all the tax I'd pre-paid and the difference in shipping cost and shipped the non-pre-order games to me.

And I guess I ended up being lucky, as not only did they arrive quickly, but they didn't get hit by customs!! They're using the same deal where the item is shipped from outside of Europe, but I end up getting it from The Netherlands (even the shipping label has an address from the Netherlands) and I end up not having to pay import fees. This happens with some sellers from the US as well, I don't know what the deal is, but I'm not complaining one bit!

As for the games - I actually haven't tried them yet, as my Switch is out for repairs (the left joycon died but it's still under warranty). The Kamen Rider game didn't look that good, but I didn't want to miss my chance to get a Toku game that's in English. So cool that they did a version that's entirely in English. Not sure why Black is on the back cover - I thought this was Heisei Riders only, but I'm not complaining, as he's my favourite!

Oh, and also arrived a few days before that:
- DIO: Dream Evil (LP) - the only DIO album I wanted and the store across the street didn't have. Fortunately I found a listing for it on a local site. It was an old listing, but it was still available and is in pretty good condition. So glad to complete my set of DIO's first 5 studio albums (plus RJD's outings with Black Sabbath)