⚡ RangerBoard

⚡ RangerBoard (https://www.rangerboard.com/index.php)
-   Discussions (https://www.rangerboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -    TELEVISION  DC Universe's Titans (https://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=170710)

hasso_opitz September 21st, 2014 07:15 AM

Well......that's just one person.

I grew to hate Smallville. I never even tried Arrow until last Sunday and I just finished season one. It's damn good television. I am now excited for Super Girl, The Flash and now Teen Titans. Are any of them besides the CW shows in the same universe or do we not know?

The only exposure of Teen Titans I have is the cartoon, and Beast Boy was my favorite character!

Red Ranger Sam September 21st, 2014 08:40 AM

[QUOTE=MoonsKnight;4790252]Umm...

Which seems to imply that "without Beast Boy, the show would be missing a character."[/QUOTE]

Uh...no. He was actually trying to make the same point you were. That Beast Boy's presence wouldn't make or break the show.

[QUOTE=hasso_opitz;4790268]I grew to hate Smallville. I never even tried Arrow until last Sunday and I just finished season one. It's damn good television. I am now excited for Super Girl, The Flash and now Teen Titans. Are any of them besides the CW shows in the same universe or do we not know?

The only exposure of Teen Titans I have is the cartoon, and Beast Boy was my favorite character![/QUOTE]

Just wait. Season 2 is even better. No word yet on whether Supergirl or Teen Titans would be the same universe, but one of the producers of Arrow and The Flash is also working on Supergirl, so it's possible. It would also be cool if Teen Titans was a well, as Roy could cross over.

Miraculous Bikkun September 21st, 2014 11:24 AM

It's best to assume they're separate universes until you're told otherwise in explicit terms by the creators (see, Arrow and The Flash). So many just assumed Arrow would be a spinoff of Smallville simply because both had an Oliver Queen and acted like they were lied to when it wasn't the case. Supergirl isn't even on the same channel with the guy's other two shows so it probably CAN'T be in the same universe.

hasso_opitz September 21st, 2014 11:29 AM

[QUOTE=B-kun;4790383]It's best to assume they're separate universes until you're told otherwise in explicit terms by the creators (see, Arrow and The Flash). So many just assumed Arrow would be a spinoff of Smallville simply because both had an Oliver Queen and acted like they were lied to when it wasn't the case. Supergirl isn't even on the same channel with the guy's other two shows so it probably CAN'T be in the same universe.[/QUOTE]

Well Angel and Buffy did amazing work on seperate channels. You never know!

RickyTang September 21st, 2014 11:42 AM

[QUOTE=hasso_opitz;4790387]Well Angel and Buffy did amazing work on seperate channels. You never know![/QUOTE]

Except that Angel and Buffy had the same showrunners, and were already established to be in the same universe.

Miraculous Bikkun September 21st, 2014 12:06 PM

Plus they only ran concurrently on two channels for a single season. For the most part they aired back to back.

hasso_opitz September 21st, 2014 12:53 PM

[QUOTE=RickyTang;4790394]Except that Angel and Buffy had the same showrunners, and were already established to be in the same universe.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter. They still have every chance to establish said universe, as well as show runners make it easier but not impossible. It can be done.

[QUOTE=B-kun;4790405]Plus they only ran concurrently on two channels for a single season. For the most part they aired back to back.[/QUOTE]
One season isn't enough proof that it can be done? And didn't Buffy and Angel air on seperate channels for two seasons and yet shared a single universe and had cross overs? As well as UPN characters appearing on Angel after Buffy ended? Doesn't matter when they physically aired.

RickyTang September 21st, 2014 01:10 PM

[QUOTE=hasso_opitz;4790429]Doesn't matter. They still have every chance to establish said universe, as well as show runners make it easier but not impossible. It can be done.[/QUOTE]

It does matter. Buffy and Angel are a unique case, because they started on the same network.

hasso_opitz September 21st, 2014 01:30 PM

[QUOTE=RickyTang;4790441]It does matter. Buffy and Angel are a unique case, because they started on the same network.[/QUOTE]

You're post didn't state you thought that way because they started on the same network. I'll choose to think its not totally impossible. It would certainly be exciting ;).

Red Ranger Sam September 21st, 2014 01:45 PM

[QUOTE=B-kun;4790383]Supergirl isn't even on the same channel with the guy's other two shows so it probably CAN'T be in the same universe.[/QUOTE]

CBS and CW are sister networks. They both have the same overseers, so theoretically neither network would have a problem with the crossover. Besides, cross-network crossovers have happened before, so it's possible. Rare, but possible. I'm not saying it will happen (because it might very well not), but it isn't impossible.

[QUOTE=B-kun;4790405]Plus they only ran concurrently on two channels for a single season. For the most part they aired back to back.[/QUOTE]

Two seasons, but I'm splitting hairs.

Miraculous Bikkun September 21st, 2014 02:23 PM

Ah, you're right, I misremembered when the change happened. Helps that it really only affected the shows in season 7 of Buffy [oldspoilertags](when scheduling errors made Willow return with Faith BEFORE appearing in Angel..)[/oldspoilertags]

RickyTang September 22nd, 2014 09:31 AM

Well, okay.

[quote]And beyond the linked comic book stories, there’s also the framework of corporate synergy.[b] Mark Pedowitz, CW’s president, says there’s a possibility that the Flash and Arrow universe might include TNT’s new show, corporate half-sibling Titans[/b] (definitely not Gotham or Constantine, though). “What you’ll see embedded in Flash and Arrow is that we’ll have the ability to test characters out. Is there room to grow them into the next show? I cannot tell you yet. There are discussions going on,” he said.[/quote]

[url]http://www.adweek.com/news/television/dc-getting-its-tv-fall-160259[/url]

hasso_opitz September 22nd, 2014 10:19 AM

Oh please please please do it!

Miraculous Bikkun September 22nd, 2014 10:20 AM

Well, this would clear up any issues with using Wally and Roy...

christopherjohn September 22nd, 2014 03:34 PM

Isn't CW co-owned by WB though? If that is the case TNT and CW are half siblings in the sense of ownership family tree. So Its not even that big of a deal to have them connected. Its Fox, NBC and CBS that are the issue because they aren't connected to Time Warner in anyway as far as I know.

mattwo September 22nd, 2014 05:40 PM

I get why people are hating on TTG so hard. I know it's not easy seeing a different, less serious interpretation of the characters, but that's what it is, and that's where you should be setting your expectations for while watching the show.

Anyway, maybe they'll go the Power Rangers route, adults playing teenagers? LOL

[QUOTE=B-kun;4783621]Dick was still a teenager when he became Nightwing. And it's most likely "Titans" because 1) Teen Titans is the cartoon (same reason the Young Justice cartoon went for that name) and 2) it's.. kinda corny for a name, as the comics themselves point out.[/QUOTE]

Young Justice was an actual comic series from 1998 up until that crossover with Titans that was followed by the two groups disbanding and reforming into Teen Titans and Outsiders... Apparently there was even a point where Snapper Carr took over the mentor role for Red Tornado. I'm guessing if the show would have continued, Snapper would take the mentor role for a while as well.

Miraculous Bikkun September 22nd, 2014 05:56 PM

[QUOTE=mattwo;4791326]
Young Justice was an actual comic series from 1998 up until that crossover with Titans that was followed by the two groups disbanding and reforming into Teen Titans and Outsiders... Apparently there was even a point where Snapper Carr took over the mentor role for Red Tornado. I'm guessing if the show would have continued, Snapper would take the mentor role for a while as well.[/QUOTE]

"Young Justice" the comic is nothing like "Young Justice" the show except for having some of the same characters. By Wiesman's own admittance, it was closer in feel to the Teen Titans comics if anything.

comicstar100 September 23rd, 2014 12:27 AM

Always funny to me the Young Justice comic was closer to the light hearted Teen Titans animated series while the Young Justice Cartoon was similar to the Teen Titans comic with more mature stories.

MoonsKnight September 23rd, 2014 06:48 AM

[QUOTE=christopherjohn;4791256]Isn't CW co-owned by WB though? If that is the case TNT and CW are half siblings in the sense of ownership family tree. So Its not even that big of a deal to have them connected. Its Fox, NBC and CBS that are the issue because they aren't connected to Time Warner in anyway as far as I know.[/QUOTE]

The CW is a sister network to CBS, and they are part owners of the network with Warner Bros. Entertainment - thanks to the WB merging with UPN (which was owned by CBS) in 2006. The CW name is actually derived from the first letters of "CBS" and "Warner Bros." CBS actually owns several of the shows that air on CW. That's why CBS can cancel Arsenio Hall, despite the fact that it airs on the CW. So theoretically, they COULD have the CBS Supergirl series exist in the same universe as Arrow and Flash without much issue. And considering one of Arrow's executive producers is involved with that show, the possibility is there.

The Time Warner connection allows the CW to share shows with TNT (see shows like Supernatural and Smallville airing reruns on TNT). So Arrow and Flash can still be connected to the Titans series possibly.

Mr Tuesday II September 23rd, 2014 06:55 AM

So Arrow, Flash, and Supergirl could be connected.
Arrow, Flash, and Titans could be connected.
But it's very slim that Supergirl and Titans could be directly connected.