⚡ RangerBoard

⚡ RangerBoard (https://www.rangerboard.com/index.php)
-   Discussions (https://www.rangerboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -    MOVIE  Marvel Cinematic Universe - Snap, Cancel, Plus! (https://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=183356)

McAster October 31st, 2018 02:11 PM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Snap, Cancel, Plus!

[CENTER][IMG]https://f.rangerboard.com/chat/marvel-chat.jpg[/IMG]

Previous Thread:
[url]https://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=147545[/url][/CENTER]

AkaPrimoKanyeWest October 31st, 2018 02:15 PM

^OMG Nightcrawler's gonna b n mcu!!!!!11!!!!!

Ataruman October 31st, 2018 02:24 PM

(sees cover page)

Seriously, Universal. Just give Marvel the Hulk right back so Jen can get into the MCU already.

AkaPrimoKanyeWest October 31st, 2018 02:27 PM

[QUOTE=Ataruman;5663725]Jen can get into the MCU already.[/QUOTE]
There are only so many believable years Angie Harmon has left!

AdrenalineRush October 31st, 2018 03:07 PM

[QUOTE=Ataruman;5663725](sees cover page)

Seriously, Universal. Just give Marvel the Hulk right back so Jen can get into the MCU already.[/QUOTE]

Distribution wise rights. Marvel already has the Hulk film rights since it reverted to them after the 2003 film but not the film distribution rights.

Peter October 31st, 2018 04:10 PM

[QUOTE=hasbro_primo;5663721]^OMG Nightcrawler's gonna b n mcu!!!!!11!!!!![/QUOTE]

And apparently so is Mohawked Storm.

Sevenlima October 31st, 2018 04:11 PM

How would be Magneto origin in the mcu ?

AkaPrimoKanyeWest October 31st, 2018 04:15 PM

[QUOTE=Sevenlima;5663753]How would be Magneto origin in the mcu ?[/QUOTE]
The same as always...

Sevenlima October 31st, 2018 04:16 PM

[QUOTE=hasbro_primo;5663754]The same as always...[/QUOTE]

He would be too old.

christopherjohn October 31st, 2018 04:38 PM

[QUOTE=Sevenlima;5663755]He would be too old.[/QUOTE]

He is always to old. Just make it so that mutants have a longer life span than humans. So he can look like he is in his 40's but be in his 80's. I'm not saying like Wolverine who just lives insanely long because of his mutation. You can just have it hand waved that the life span is longer thus the actor is younger than what he is supposed to be. Or clones I mean that is how they handled it in the comics lol.

Alitain October 31st, 2018 05:45 PM

I still say the best way to introduce mutants(though I just don't care to), aside from magically folding them in due to the Gauntlet, would be go the route of the Ultimate Universe. Have mutants all be youngish except for maybe a couple like Xavier and Magneto. Say the older ones have been keeping a low profile, but with the surge of meta-human, inhuman, and superhero activity they're starting to expose themselves. Then have some plot revealing that mutants were actually caused by experiments done by humans, another attempt to replicate the super soldier serum like in the ult universe. That way you can excuse them not showing up previously, and also start fresh from the beginning telling stories.

Cameron Samurai November 1st, 2018 08:13 AM

Marvel have hired scribe David Callaham, who recently wrote the script for[I] Wonder Woman 1984[/I], and wrote an uncredited re draft of Ant Man, for an unknown project

[url]https://www.newsarama.com/42565-marvel-studios-hires-wonder-woman-1984-writer-for-unspecified-film-report.html[/url]

Sevenlima November 1st, 2018 08:27 AM

[QUOTE=Alitain;5663774]I still say the best way to introduce mutants(though I just don't care to), aside from magically folding them in due to the Gauntlet, would be go the route of the Ultimate Universe. Have mutants all be youngish except for maybe a couple like Xavier and Magneto. Say the older ones have been keeping a low profile, but with the surge of meta-human, inhuman, and superhero activity they're starting to expose themselves. Then have some plot revealing that mutants were actually caused by experiments done by humans, another attempt to replicate the super soldier serum like in the ult universe. That way you can excuse them not showing up previously, and also start fresh from the beginning telling stories.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe they're hiding from society like the Evolution show.

Champ November 6th, 2018 07:25 AM

[B][I]VENOM's Success May Close The Door On SPIDER-MAN Rights Ever Returning To Marvel Studios[/I][/B]

[QUOTE]Thanks to the Fox/Disney merger, the X-Men and Fantastic Four are returning home to the Marvel Cinematic Universe but fans hoping that Spider-Man and his supporting cast could become a permanent part of the Marvel Studios roster may be setting themselves up for disappointment.

After Venom grossed over $500 million (so far) at the worldwide box office, Sony Pictures is riding high on the success of its first Spider-Man-less Spider-Man spinoff. As a result, box office analysts are adamant that there's no way the studio will be parting with the IP any time soon, something which makes sense considering how many live-action Spider-Verse spinoffs are in the works.

"If it had failed, there is a chance Sony would have definitely returned to the bargaining table with Disney. Now, that's up in the air," explains Exhibitor Relations' senior box-office analyst Jeff Bock.

"[Sony] took a calculated risk with 'Venom,' and it's now going to be a series. It seems Disney needs Sony's 'Spider-Man' more than Sony needs Disney ... If they consistently make films audiences want to see, Disney will have to buy Sony to get 'Spider-Man' back. This is just the beginning of Sony's reemergence as a studio of box-office distinction. They're not giving it up without a fight."

Disney has faced a number of challenges buying 21st Century Fox so the chances of them being able to also purchase Fox somewhere down the line is highly unlikely. Whether or not Sony will continue to allow Marvel Studios to use Spider-Man in its movies remains to be seen but following the success of Venom, they could decide that they're more than capable of handling the wall-crawler again...[/QUOTE]

[url]https://www.comicbookmovie.com/venom/venoms-success-may-close-the-door-on-spider-man-rights-ever-returning-to-marvel-studios-a164573[/url]

AdrenalineRush November 6th, 2018 07:37 AM

[QUOTE=Champ;5665922][B][I]VENOM's Success May Close The Door On SPIDER-MAN Rights Ever Returning To Marvel Studios[/I][/B]

[url]https://www.comicbookmovie.com/venom/venoms-success-may-close-the-door-on-spider-man-rights-ever-returning-to-marvel-studios-a164573[/url][/QUOTE]

Just because Venom became a success doesn't mean it's unlikely.

christopherjohn November 6th, 2018 07:42 AM

Sony wasn't giving up the rights unless they had to. This meaning that Sony Pictures would be in the red so bad that they would have to sell off assets. Marvel wants Spider-man. They can't sell the rights to Spider-man to anyone else but Marvel Comics. As it requires the rights owners which are Marvel Comics to be involved in the sale and to okay a sale. The only way anther studio would get the rights would be through complete acquisition of Sony Pictures. So if Sony needed to sell Spider-man if the price was right I could easily see 1 billion for the rights back because of how valuable it is of a franchise.

AdrenalineRush November 6th, 2018 09:34 AM

[QUOTE=christopherjohn;5665929]Sony wasn't giving up the rights unless they had to. This meaning that Sony Pictures would be in the red so bad that they would have to sell off assets. Marvel wants Spider-man. They can't sell the rights to Spider-man to anyone else but Marvel Comics. As it requires the rights owners which are Marvel Comics to be involved in the sale and to okay a sale. The only way another studio would get the rights would be through complete acquisition of Sony Pictures. So if Sony needed to sell Spider-man if the price was right I could easily see 1 billion for the rights back because of how valuable it is of a franchise.[/QUOTE]

They can sell it back whether they had to or not.

christopherjohn November 6th, 2018 09:46 AM

[QUOTE=AdrenalineRush;5665960]They can sell it back whether they had to or not.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but that is unlikely. There isn't incentive to do so. We're talking about a profitable property. Even with Sony's mishandling of the properties at the end of the day the movies have always profited. Selling off a successful property is insane why would any business that wants to exploit successful properties do that? People being to hopeful. The best case is Sony signs over rights with royalties for life. Get paid for nothing.

AdrenalineRush November 6th, 2018 09:57 AM

[QUOTE=christopherjohn;5665968]Yeah but that is unlikely. There isn't incentive to do so. We're talking about a profitable property. Even with Sony's mishandling of the properties at the end of the day the movies have always profited. Selling off a successful property is insane why would any business that wants to exploit successful properties do that? People being to hopeful. The best case is Sony signs over rights with royalties for life. Get paid for nothing.[/QUOTE]

Yes but the possibility of Marvel regaining the Spider-Man films from Sony is not unlikely. I strongly doubt that we'll ever see films like Morbius, Black Cat, Kraven the Hunter, Silk, Nightwatch and Silver Sable being made and that despite what the producers say, I have a feeling that sequels to Venom will have more chance of being made than those I mentioned due to the commercial success of the film but that's just me plus I really don't think Sony getting royalities once they give the rights back to Marvel would be a great idea.

Poweranimals November 6th, 2018 10:06 AM

I have a bad feeling that Spider-Man Far From Home might be the last MCU Spider-Man appearance.