⚡ RangerBoard

⚡ RangerBoard (https://www.rangerboard.com/index.php)
-   Discussions (https://www.rangerboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -    TOKU  Shout! Factory Releasing Jetman & Gaoranger on DVD! (https://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=182491)

wammyguide May 14th, 2018 03:23 PM

Shout! Factory Releasing Jetman & Gaoranger on DVD!

Bruno from MMPRToys dropped the bombshell today: [YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzmhREXZRCM[/YT]
And yes, Gaoranger will be released in December.

Arkvoodle May 14th, 2018 03:29 PM

oh man.

...Jetman's gonna look TERRIBLE. nearly 30-year-old VHS transfers...

GreenMystechRanger May 14th, 2018 03:30 PM

That's... unexpected.

But I'm all for it.

hasso_primo May 14th, 2018 03:32 PM

It's not April 1st?

Our Hasbroverlords probably had nothing to do with this, but I'll thank them anyway.

Xenotome May 14th, 2018 03:37 PM

Holy shit. So we're really looking at every 3 months for a release?

Cestro May 14th, 2018 03:40 PM

[QUOTE=Arkvoodle;5579051]oh man.

...Jetman's gonna look TERRIBLE. nearly 30-year-old VHS transfers...[/QUOTE]

Why would they do VHS transfers? Isn't Jetman on film?

RitoRevolto May 14th, 2018 03:43 PM

I'll be damned

zjranger May 14th, 2018 03:44 PM

Even though I probably won't be able to get this, this is great news, especially Jetman is a Sentai I watched when I was a kid, and I quite found it interesting.

TuxedoK May 14th, 2018 03:47 PM

I've been saying since Zyuranger got announced we needed Jetman on dvd.
We'll...damn.
Flashman on Dvd!

GokaiGold May 14th, 2018 03:47 PM

That's... That's something I was not expecting. I'll proceed to give them money.

RitoRevolto May 14th, 2018 03:55 PM

[QUOTE=TuxedoK;5579066]I've been saying since Zyuranger got announced we needed Jetman on dvd.
We'll...damn.
Flashman on Dvd![/QUOTE]

Remember how Disney bought the pre-Zyu home video rights to keep Media Blasters from building on their KR The First release? Turns out Saban got those rights in the buyback after all.

ShadowJoker May 14th, 2018 04:01 PM

I think if this year's Super Sentai DVD sales exceed expectations, I would not be surprised to see Kamen Rider in the near future.

I saw Jetman way back in 2009 and I was going through an emotional rough patch at the time, this series (along Shinkenger and Double) definitely helped take my mind off some of that which is why Jetman has soft spot in my heart. I thought it was pretty dope overall.

I'm excited by the news and can't wait to see what happens next year.

KingSlayer May 14th, 2018 04:05 PM

This is one of the seasons I was most hoping for, but I didn't actually think they'd do it. At least not until they ran out of adapted ones. All I can say is thank you, Shout! :)

Shirubaa May 14th, 2018 04:07 PM

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YroO_DujnM[/YT]

Sing it!

Xenotome May 14th, 2018 04:10 PM

[QUOTE=RitoRevolto;5579072]Remember how Disney bought the pre-Zyu home video rights to keep Media Blasters from building on their KR The First release? Turns out Saban got those rights in the buyback after all.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's how it works. I'm fairly certain Brian Ward's said they've needed to negotiate every season individually with Toei.

SpandexSuperFan May 14th, 2018 04:19 PM

Whoa! Jetman is coming to DVD? Very shocking news. Shocking in a good way...a great way honestly. More Super Sentai DVDs to collect. These DVDs are like Ranger Keys to me. I wanna collect them all :D

Edit: Oh yeah and Gaoranger's coming too. That's great as well. Poor Gaoranger is overshadowed.

mewzard May 14th, 2018 04:20 PM

This is a pleasant surprise. This year is crazy for Sentai:

Gingaman in January, GoGoV in April, Timeranger in July, Jetman in September, and Gaoranger in December.

Ignoring Gingaman's delay shifting it's year, that'd be four seasons a year. Now the question is, what's the rate Shout's going to go for old vs new Sentai?

RJranger May 14th, 2018 04:24 PM

[QUOTE=Arkvoodle;5579051]oh man.

...Jetman's gonna look TERRIBLE. nearly 30-year-old VHS transfers...[/QUOTE]

pretty damn good sentai, that should make up for it. will it look much worse than zyuranger?

alright shout, thank UUUUUUU
at the risk of sounding like a greedy a-hole, i wouldnt mind specials/movies
dai- the movie
kaku- sentai world
oh V kaku
car V oh
etc

Zeddykins May 14th, 2018 04:33 PM

Unexpected, but a pleasant surprise. If it goes well, that means Iíll only have to wait for Turboranger and Fiveman to be released before we get Liveman on DVD. Oh happy day!

TyrannoRanger May 14th, 2018 04:37 PM

[QUOTE=Zeddykins;5579097]Unexpected, but a pleasant surprise. If it goes well, that means Iíll only have to wait for Turboranger and Fiveman to be released before we get Liveman on DVD. Oh happy day![/QUOTE]

It would be awesome to get some sentais that aren't fully subbed. I loved the 7 episodes of Turboranger I saw. I'd buy that season in a heart beat