⚡ RangerBoard

⚡ RangerBoard (https://www.rangerboard.com/index.php)
-   Discussions (https://www.rangerboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -    TELEVISION  DC Universe's Titans (https://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=170710)

RickyTang September 11th, 2014 04:51 PM

DC Universe's Titans

[quote]Warner Bros. TV is rapidly expanding its live-action DC Comics TV universe. This season, it is going from one to four primetime series, returning Arrow and freshmen The Flash, Gotham and Constantine, and already is prepping another major broadcast franchise with Supergirl. Now the studio is expanding the DC brand to cable drama with Titans, a project that is nearing a pilot order at TNT. Titans is one of three TNT drama pilots stuck on the runaway, awaiting a formal green light as the network is undergoing a regime change. The other two are Lumen from Amblin TV and the Jerry Bruckheimer and Michael Bay-produced Cocaine Cowboys.

Written by Oscar winner Akiva Goldsman and executive-turned-scribe Marc Haimes, Titans revolves around the eponymous group of young Super Heroes-to-be from the DC Universe. The action series centers on Dick Grayson (probably best known for his alter ego as Robin), who emerges from the shadow of Batman to become Nightwing, the leader of a fearless band of new Super Heroes including Starfire, Raven and many others. Goldsman executive produces, with Haimes serving as co-executive producer for WBTVís cable division Warner Horizon.

WBTV has been mining the Titans characters on the animation side with the kids series Teen Titans and Teen Titans Go! on sister Cartoon Network. [/quote]

[url]https://deadline.com/2014/09/titans-show-dc-comics-tnt-pilot-order-833189/[/url]

Miraculous Bikkun September 11th, 2014 04:57 PM

Well.. This came the hell out of nowhere. I'm kinda hesitant to actually believe it, considering Teen Titans Go is a thing. Plus, DC seems to be bitchy about allowing Batman characters to appear in shows with others.

TeraMan September 11th, 2014 05:01 PM

At this stage now I think they're getting...a little too overeager.

Shiba19 September 11th, 2014 05:06 PM

This better be real! The Titans need good content again!

Dinorider37 September 11th, 2014 05:07 PM

:eusa_wall

WB...Make this a spin off franchise to your new Batman movies!!! Don't waste it on TV :mad:

Miraculous Bikkun September 11th, 2014 05:09 PM

Teen Titans would do better on TV than in theaters, really. If you make it a movie, you run the risk of them appealing to kids/teenagers and making it corny as fuck.

dragonzordpower123 September 11th, 2014 05:09 PM

I don't think it'll happen. Cyborg is going to be in batman vs superman. Roy is an established character on arrow, and slade is in prison on lian yu... and if he got out he's not bothering with a bunch of teenagers.

So that's two major characters and a major villain who can't be in it... I doubt it will happen.

RickyTang September 11th, 2014 05:10 PM

Why is the legitimacy being doubted? Deadline is a respectable industry website. The pilot's already been written. It's just awaiting an order from TNT.

Miraculous Bikkun September 11th, 2014 05:10 PM

The article is claiming this is part of he TV universe, but that's most likely an assumption by the writer. It happens.

RickyTang September 11th, 2014 05:14 PM

[QUOTE=B-kun;4783484]The article is claiming this is part of he TV universe, but that's most likely an assumption by the writer. It happens.[/QUOTE]

The article says that DC is expanding its live-action universe, which can mean many things. It's not referring to any continuity.

Arkvoodle September 11th, 2014 05:15 PM

Can they actually make something WORSE than "Teen Titans Go" ?

tavionjackson September 11th, 2014 05:17 PM

Idk how to feel about this. But I'll be checking it out

GalaxyRed September 11th, 2014 05:22 PM

[QUOTE=dragonzordpower123;4783482]I don't think it'll happen. Cyborg is going to be in batman vs superman. Roy is an established character on arrow, and slade is in prison on lian yu... and if he got out he's not bothering with a bunch of teenagers.

So that's two major characters and a major villain who can't be in it... I doubt it will happen.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they they're just going to make the show be all about lesser knowns in the comics (or ones that weren't main Titans members in the comics, but are part of a branch), so they can get away with not using "major characters" that people know.

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon September 11th, 2014 05:24 PM

[img]http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz42/sydneylj/2iv1xya.gif[/img]

Man, Marvel really must be kicking DC's asses if they're going this nuts with the adaptations.

My favorite part of this? The article valuing utmost importance amongst the supporting members on Starfire and Raven. :D

Miraculous Bikkun September 11th, 2014 05:26 PM

Live-action Starfire... watch as she's nothing like comic fans expect. Or even cartoon fans.

TealMystechRanger September 11th, 2014 05:33 PM

Hmm... not watched any live-action DC stuff (nor am I paying pretty much any attention to the MCU at this stage), but this could interest me. I enjoyed the original Teen Titans cartoon immensely, though I'd rather just ignore that current thing. The thought of it including lesser characters from the comics... I'm not hugely aware of it, but I did recently see covers from the current comic, and I don't know what the hell they've done with Raven's design. I know she used to have the dark hooded cloak in the comics too... now she's done up like a feathered version of Destiny.

I'll be keeping a weary eye on this. Could be interesting but I'm not sure what to expect.

AkaPrimoWhiteDragon September 11th, 2014 05:48 PM

[QUOTE=B-kun;4783496]Live-action Starfire... watch as she's nothing like comic fans expect. Or even cartoon fans.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure both are unsuitable for a mainstream audience to take seriously. One mentally and the other, um, physically. >__>

Miraculous Bikkun September 11th, 2014 05:52 PM

Which leads into the very high likelihood of her being Stafire in name only.

TealMystechRanger September 11th, 2014 06:00 PM

And lo, SINO was born.

Perhaps if they toned cartoon Starfire down, it could work. Still keep the uncertainty and curiosity about Earth cultures, and the enthusiasm, but no to such an extreme degree. More like a bubbly teen girl who can kick your butt if you piss her off. But yeah, tone down the wide-eyed wonder and child-like joy, and avoid the hugely sexualised comics iterations...

Then again, I suppose it depends on the tone they go for. As I said, I'm not familiar with the existing live-action DC series. For all I know, we could get a SINO who's rather unemotional and disengaged. Say, does comics Starfire also have emotion-related powers?

veemonjosh September 11th, 2014 06:02 PM

So how soon until we get "Hello Megan" on TBS?