⚡ RangerBoard

⚡ RangerBoard (https://www.rangerboard.com/index.php)
-   Discussions (https://www.rangerboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -    ANIME  Precure Franchise: It's Space Time! (https://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=129986)

Xalfrea August 24th, 2009 08:15 AM

Precure Franchise: It's Space Time!

I saw one thread from before, but that was just focusing on the current PC series. Thought I'd make one for the entire series in general.

So anyway, as one who read the WITCH comics, and watched the WITCH and Winx Clubs cartoons, for a while I seemed to have a sort of liking for magical girl series (Ironically, I hardly watched Sailor Moon). So then I saw Fresh Pretty Cure, and thought it was decent. Watched a couple of episodes. Eventually I started watching some of the PreCure 5 series and liked it.

But what really caught my eye of the entire franchise in general was this:

[IMG]http://corp.toei-anim.co.jp/mt/ibrowser/uploads//PCallstars.jpg[/IMG]

I love crossovers. I'd like to watch it if it were subbed, and it might get me into watching the other 2 PC series.

Anyone else watch the series?

iToshi August 24th, 2009 10:51 AM

im watching the first pretty cure anime (the dub) and i loove it =3

too bad its not on DVD yet. >.<

Topgaler August 24th, 2009 12:03 PM

I used to be indifferent about this series, but the designs in the newest show are pretty cute while not completely lolicon for once (i.e. they have boobs)

Also, [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPLNhs5uqWo]the music is good.[/url]

Spider-Phoenix August 24th, 2009 12:47 PM

I watch and now i'm a big fan!

I'm currently watching Fresh PreCure and i totally love it!The characters are great, perfect and the story is fascinating!Specially all the mistery about the 4th, that was a big mistery in the beggining even for older audience because the series make you think another person was going to the 4th, but after it was another!

It's like a fusion between Sailor Moon, Super Sentai and DBZ (the first series had the same director who did DBZ)

This series is great.I'm turned into a great fan of the series.

iToshi August 24th, 2009 01:26 PM

[QUOTE=Topgaler;3218175]I used to be indifferent about this series, but the designs in the newest show are pretty cute while not completely lolicon for once (i.e. they have boobs)

Also, [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPLNhs5uqWo]the music is good.[/url][/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUhv67LUi0Q&feature=related"]that it is[/URL]

Xalfrea August 24th, 2009 05:25 PM

Wait, there's a dub of the first series? I gotta see that! Is it any good?

Also I'm hearing that the 2nd one, Splash Star, is the least popular one. Is that justifiable?

I'd say my favorite is PreCure 5 and 5 GoGo. Having 5/6 characters as opposed to 2 or 3 makes for better character chemistry.

Topgaler August 24th, 2009 06:15 PM

[QUOTE=Quantum Wolf;3218442]Wait, there's a dub of the first series? I gotta see that! Is it any good?[/QUOTE]

It was Card Captors / Mew Mew Power-ized, from what I've heard.

It stars "Hannah" and "Natalie."

okniwy August 24th, 2009 07:16 PM

Fresh! Precure Information

Seeing as this thread is garnering more attention than the one I started, I'll dump info here as events progress.

Paraphrased from Wikipedia. [QUOTE]Fresh Pretty Cure! (フレッシュプリキュア! ,Furesshu PuriKyua!) is the sixth Pretty Cure anime series by Toei Animation, having started its run on February 1, 2009. The series focuses on three new Pretty Cures, Love, Miki, and Inori, who transform into Cure Peach, Cure Berry, and Cure Pine, respectively. Their job is to defend this world and the parallel worlds from Labyrinth. Midway a fourth Pretty Cure is introduced, Setsuna aka, Cure Passion.

Characters:

Precure:
Each Fresh! Cure has the name of a fruit that is the color of one of the four leaves on the team's clover emblem. (Pink, Blue, Yellow, and Red.)

Love Momozono (桃園 ラブ ,Momozono Rabu) / Cure Peach (キュアピーチ ,Kyua Pīchi)
Voiced by: Kanae Oki
Love is a hyperactive, sympathetic and emotional girl. She adores dancing and is a big fan of the dancing unit "Trinity". She dislikes sports and studying. Her Pickrun, the Pirun, is pink and wears a chef's hat on its head. Peach's theme colors are pink and white and her symbol is the heart.
Weapon: Cure Stick - Peach Rod

Miki Aono (蒼乃 美希 ,Aono Miki) / Cure Berry (キュアベリー ,Kyua Berī)
Voiced by: Eri Kitamura
Good at sports, also has a sense of fashion and is self-conscious about how beautiful she is. She wants to be a fashion model. Her house is a hair&nail salon, and she lives with her mother, Remi Aono. Her Pickrun, the Blun, is blue and wears a crown on its head and a pearl necklace. Berry's theme colors are blue and purple and her symbol is the spade.
Weapon: Cure Stick - Berry Sword

Inori Yamabuki (山吹 祈里 ,Yamabuki Inori) / Cure Pine (キュアパイン ,Kyua Pain)
Voiced by: Akiko Nakagawa
An animal lover, she aspires to be a veterinarian. Love tends to call her "Bukki", the diminutive of her family name. She may look calm and quiet, but actually suffers from low self-esteem and poor common sense. Her Pickrun, the Kirun, is yellow and has horns on its head. Pine's theme colors are yellow and orange and her symbol is the diamond.
Weapon: Cure Stick - Pine Flute

Tart (タルト ,Taruto)
Voiced by: Matsuno Taiki
He takes Chiffon to the human world from the Kingdom of Sweets, on his search for the Pretty Cures. A ferret-like fairy, he is Chiffon's caretaker, but always has trouble with taking care of him. He is always anxious but kind, and has an Osakian accent. He is prone to worry and often grumbles. He also loves doughnuts.

Chiffon (シフォン ,Shifon)
Voiced by: Koorogi Satomi
A baby fairy from the Kingdom of Sweets, she likes to pull practical jokes on others with her inherent ESP. Love and the others take care of her. The mark on her forehead gives a light that has many different abilities, including giving the power for the Pretty Cures to transform and give them power ups. Chiffon acted like a normal baby at first, but the girls' Pickruns have different effects on her (Pirun: She started eating human foods, Kirun: She began to speak, Blun: She tried on different clothes).

Eas (イース, Īsu) / Setsuna Higashi (東 せつな, Higashi Setsuna) / Cure Passion (キュアパッション, Kyua Passhon)
Voiced by: Yuka Komatsu

She first starts as a cold and isolated teenage girl loyal only to Moebius; which, due to her behavior when she is defeated, can be seen as an obsession. After spending time with the girls as a spy, she begins to wonder what makes her happy and slowly opens up to them. Following a final battle with Cure Peach, her life was offered to fill the Life Gauge and she died. However, she was saved by the Akarun and Chiffon, and is reborn as a normal human girl with a Pretty Cure identity as Cure Passion. [SIZE="1"](But you should know this already.)[/SIZE] Her Pickrun, the Akarun, is red, wears a ribbon on its head and has angel wings. Passion's theme colors are red and black and her symbol is stated to be the club or clover.
Weapons:
As Eas: Nakewameke card, Nakisakebe card
As Cure Passion: Passion Harp

Labyrinth:

Moebius (メビウス, Mebiusu)
Voiced by: Tomomichi Nishimura

This demon is the leader of Labyrinth who wishes to rule all worlds, thinking of all his subjects to be only mindless pawns. He grants the members of Labyrinth their items. His name is a pun on the Mobius Strip, a one-sided, one-edged figure.

Cline (クライン, Kurain)
Voiced by: Kouji Hiwatari

So far, this middle-aged man has only appeared in episodes 9, 22, and 23. He appears to be one of the elite members of Labyrinth. His theme colors are shades of yellow and indigo. His name is a pun on the Kline Bottle, a semi-theoretical, one-sided, no-edged figure that inverts itself in a way that can't be properly reproduced in three dimensions.

Each field agent of Labyrinth has a name based on a cardinal direction.(East, West, and South. Who could be missing?):

Hayato Nishi (西隼人 ,Nishi Hayato)/Wester (ウェスター ,Uesutā)
Voiced by: Yasunori Matsumoto
At first sight, he might seem like a heartthrob, but in truth, he's a tough muscle who doesn't likes to be messed with. His theme color is yellow.

Shun Minami (南瞬 ,Minami Shun) /Souler (サウラー ,Saurā)
Voiced by: Kenichi Suzumura
He is calm and reserved, His theme color is green.

Nakewameke (ナケワメーケ ,Nakewamēke)
These creatures play the role of the monsters-of-the-day. Their name can mean "cry and shout".

Nakisakebe (ナキサケーベ, Nakisakēbe)
These creatures replaced Eas' Nakewameke and appeared in Episodes 19-23. Their name can mean "cry loudly". Use of the Nakisakebe cards caused pain and anger to Eas.

Side Characters:

Kaoru (カオルちゃん, Kaoru-chan)
Voiced by: Ken Maeda

Kaoru sells donuts in a park. His age and his home are unknown. When Love and others are upset, he plays the consultant role and encourages them. Owing to a contract that Tart can get doughnuts for free by entertaining solicitation, he also shares the secret of the existence of Tart and Chiffon. In episode 29, he is revealed to be a secret agent assigned to seek and protect a little boy.

Miyuki (Miyuki Chinen) (ミユキ)
Voiced by: Mayumi Iizuka

Famous dance unit Trinity's leader, and Love's group dance coach. Love absolutely admires her. She has magenta hair, yellow eyes and red outfits. After her students are discharged from the hospital, they tell her about their life as Pretty Cure. The girls previously believed she is the fourth member of Pretty Cure.

Elder Tiramisu (長老 ティラミス, Chōrō Tiramisu)
Voiced by: Ken'ichi Ogata

The elder of the Sweets Kingdom, he is present for when the Pickruns come out of the temple. An owl creature with white feathers, he is only currently seen in episode 1.

Daisuke Chinen (知念 大輔, Chinen Daisuke)
Voiced by: Tarusuke Shingaki

Daisuke is Miyuki's brother and Love's classmate in Yotsuba Junior High. He is brash and stubborn. He has a crush on Love.

Yūki Sawa (沢 裕喜, Sawa Yūki)
Voiced by: Shinsuke Ueda

Love's classmate in Yotsuba Junior High and a crazy fan for Miki. He wants to date her although Miki has no interest in dating at all.

Kento Mikoshiba (御子柴 健人, Mikoshiba Kento)
Voiced by: Toshiyuki Toyonaga

Love's classmate in Yotsuba Junior High and the heir to Mikoshiba Zaibatsu. Despite a tall figure and gentle appearance with glasses, he is very timid.

Kazuki Ichijo (一条 和希, Ichijō Kazuki)
Voiced by: Kenn

Kazuki is Miki's 13-year-old younger brother who now goes with his father after divorce, also attending Torigoe. Miki often exploits him to go out with her and disguise as her boyfriend to reject any other boy. He has had low blood pressure since birth. He dreams of being a doctor.

Keitarō Momozono (桃園 圭太郎, Momozono Keitarō)
Voiced by: Akimitsu Takase

Love's father, a development chief in a wig company. He concentrates a lot on work to design different types of wigs either for human or animals.

Ayumi Momozono (桃園 あゆみ, Momozono Ayumi)
Voiced by: Kyōko Hikami

Love's mother, a clerk in the local supermarket. She had been the championship in the beauty contest of Yotsuba town.

Remi Aono (蒼乃 レミ, Aono Remi)
Voiced by: Sakiko Uran

Miki and Kazuki's mother and the owner of salon, only living with Miki after divorce with ex-husband. She had been a popular model.

Tadashi Yamabuki (山吹 正, Yamabuki Tadashi)
Voiced by: Masafumi Kimura

Inori's father, the local veterinarian, owns a personal clinic in Yotsuba Town. He has a bold, generous appearance and personality paying patient to animals, affecting Inori a lot.

Naoko Yamabuki (山吹 尚子, Yamabuki Naoko)
Voiced by: Michiko Neya

Inori's mother, the assistant in her husband's clinic.

Reika & Nana (レイカとナナ, Reika to Nana)
Voiced by: Saori Seto (Reika) & Mayu Isshiki (Nana)

The two other members of Trinity besides Miyuki. When performing, they wear black visors over their eyes.

Episodes:

01. "Freshly-Picked Fresh! Cure Peach is Born!!" - February 1, 2009

02. "Freshly-Gathered Fresh! Cure Berry is Born!!" - February 8, 2009

03. "Freshly-Harvested Fresh! Cure Pine is Born!!" - February 15, 2009

04. "Chiffon is Lost? The Whole Town's Already in a Big Riot!" - February 22, 2009

05. "Heart's Racing at the Amusement Park! Those Exciting Date Feelings?!" - March 1, 2009

06. "The Missing Hamburger! Protect Your Favorite Things!" - March 8, 2009

07. "Setsuna and Love, The clover of friendship!" - March 15, 2009

08. "Chiffon in a Pinch! Peach's new power!!" - March 22, 2009

09. "Miki's dream, I want to quit being Precure!!" - March 29, 2009

10. "Tart is Inori, Inori is Tart!?" - April 4, 2009

11. "Miyuki's Anger! She Won't Teach Dancing Anymore!?" - April 12, 2009

12. "Let's Transform! The Fringy Tactic!!" - April 19, 2009

13. "Chiffon is Sick!? Pine's New Power!!" - April 26, 2009

14 "The Fourth PreCure!? Find The Akarun!!" - May 3, 2009

15 "Setsuna and Love, Your Caring Heart!" - May 10, 2009

16 "Terrifying Culture Festival! Echoing Footsteps In The School at Night!!" - May 17, 2009

17 "Leave Chiffon to Me! Berry's New Power!!" - May 24, 2009

18 "I Want to Meet Pretty Cure! A Little Girl's Wish!!" - May 31, 2009

19 "The New Card! Eas' New Power!!" - June 7, 2009

20 "Dance and Pretty Cure...Which to Choose?" - June 14, 2009

21 "The Fourth Pretty Cure is You!!" - June 28, 2009

22 "Setsuna and Love: You're Eas!?" - July 5, 2009

23 "The End of Eas! Cure Passion is Born!!" - July 12, 2009

24 "Setsuna's Distress: I Can't Be Your Friend!" - July 19, 2009

25 "Eas vs. Passion!? I am Reborn!!" - July 26, 2009

26 "The Four Hearts! I Also Want to Dance!!" - August 2, 2009

27 "The Summer! The Festival! Audrey!!" - August 9, 2009

28 "Precious Memories! Memories of Grandpa!!" - August 16, 2009

29 "The Man of Secrets! Kaoru-chan's True Self!?" - August 23, 2009

30 "Tart in Danger! His True Self Exposed!?" - August 30, 2009
One day, Tart starts having stomachaches. Ayumi, Love's Mother, brings him to Dr. Yamabuki's, not knowing Tart is actually a fairy from the Sweets Kingdom!

31 "Love and Daisuke: The Make Up Strategy!" - September 6, 2009
The new school term has begun. Love is happy seeing that Setsuna has become popular in her new school, but Daisuke isn't happy...
Movies:

Movie EX "Pretty Cure All-Stars DX" - March 20, 2009

Movie "Fresh Pretty Cure the Movie: The Kingdom of Toys has Lots of Secrets!?" - October 31, 2009

Opening themes
1 "Let's! Fresh Pretty Cure" Mizuki Moie 1 - 25
2 "Let's! Fresh Pretty Cure! ~Hybrid Version~" Mizuki Moie and Momoko Hayashi 26 - ??

Ending themes
1 "You make me happy!" Momoko Hayashi 1 - 25
2 "H@ppy Together" Mizuki Moie and Momoko Hayashi 26 - ??[/QUOTE]

iToshi August 24th, 2009 07:42 PM

[QUOTE=Topgaler;3218483]It was Card Captors / Mew Mew Power-ized, from what I've heard.

It stars "Hannah" and "Natalie."[/QUOTE]

other then names and voices and the occasional americanization, its actually better then most other kid anime. at least 4kids left it alone

heart...spade...and diamond
sounds like a CH THE LIVE ripoff.

okniwy August 24th, 2009 09:41 PM

[QUOTE=iToshi;3218552]
sounds like a CH THE LIVE ripoff.[/QUOTE]
Cutie Honey The Live Sounded like a Blade ripoff.
Blade sounded like a G Gundam ripoff.
G Gundam sounded like super robots instead of real robots... I mean a JAKQ ripoff.

[SIZE="5"]Card Suits: It's a Theme.[/SIZE]

Xalfrea August 24th, 2009 09:43 PM

So did only the first PC series get adapted, or did Max Heart get adapted as well? Or are there any words for Toei to allow the other series to get adapted as well?

Spider-Phoenix August 25th, 2009 01:20 PM

Fresh is great.Setsuna backstory is awesome!

Xalfrea August 26th, 2009 04:09 AM

So I just finished watching All Stars DX. Twas pretty awesome seeing all 14 (No Setsuna back then) PC's together.

BluebrotherX7 August 26th, 2009 09:53 PM

[QUOTE=iToshi;3218552]other then names and voices and the occasional americanization, its actually better then most other kid anime. at least 4kids left it alone

sounds like a CH THE LIVE ripoff.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its actually pretty good. Toei is doing it themselves through Ocean Group. No 4Kids included.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbLHfT8JHYY&feature=related[/url]

Xalfrea August 27th, 2009 07:53 AM

^Hmm... that's actually OK. I like it. Is it me or is Natalie channeling Naruto?

So I gave All Stars DX a second watch, and as a massive teamup, I can still say its good, but there's some stuff that bothered me:

SPOILERS

1. The Precure 5's really got a little too much exposure in the movie. Even though the 5's are my favorite group, they're shown a little too much, and even then, Nozomi (Cure Dream) was the only one who really did a lot of the talking.

2. For being the original 2, Nagisa (Cure Black) and Honoka (Cure White) didn't get too much to do during the non-fighting scenes. Sadly the same happened with the 2 from Splash Star. I did like though how Nagisa and Honoka were in the fights, them being the main 2 that got up close and personal with so many Rider kicks and melee fighting as opposed to the other 3 groups with constant projectiles and magical attacks.

3. The main baddie; where the heck did he come from? Is he some evil entity composed of the main evils of the previous Precure series? No explanation whatsoever.

4. Are we to assume that all of those cute, magical plushy mascots are part of one kingdom? Now granted that begs the question if all the Precures are taking place in the same Japan. But then again Super Sentai does that all the time, so...

5. A little too bad they didn't pull a Super Sentai and have one gigantic henshin sequence, a gigantic roll call and an "Ore wa! Pretty Cure!". But then again, their ******** do pull a Sailor Moon and are long, so...

6. I know this is plot related and nitpicking, but during the whole montage thing when all 14 are down, their motivation to fight was a tad cheesy. So the Fresh Precures want to continue fighting because they need to do a dance competition, the Precure 5's because they want to eat dumplings, the Splash Precures because they want accessories, and the original Precures because they want to eat chocolate stuffed bread?

7. I kinda felt that this should have come out a bit later. Otherwise Setsuna would have joined in on the fun as well.

Spider-Phoenix August 27th, 2009 09:40 AM

The villain was nicknamed "Silver Surfer" for some fans XD

Xalfrea November 14th, 2009 05:59 AM

Alright haven't kept up with this until now, so here's come news.

Fresh Precure will be ending this month, about 6 more episodes left.

[url]http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-11-05/heartcatch-precure-trademark-filed[/url]

The seventh Precure series, Heartcatch precure, will begin around February 2010. Reportedly it will go back to the duo format.

Finally, a second All Stars DX movie will be airing March 20.

Knight Rider November 14th, 2009 08:17 AM

[QUOTE=Topgaler;3218175]I used to be indifferent about this series, but the designs in the newest show are pretty cute while not completely lolicon for once (i.e. they have boobs)

Also, [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPLNhs5uqWo]the music is good.[/url][/QUOTE]

Video was removed.

Quantum what do you mean by duo format? I never seen the original series but want to.

Xalfrea November 14th, 2009 08:25 AM

You know, they way it was in the original Futari Wa and in Splash Star: just two girls.

Precure 5 was detested at first simply because it wasn't two. And originally there were rumors that Fresh Precure would have 7.

Knight Rider November 14th, 2009 08:29 AM

Gotcha. I wonder if they would ever do a series with one sorta like Cutie Honey.