⚡ RangerBoard

⚡ RangerBoard (https://www.rangerboard.com/index.php)
-   Merchandise (https://www.rangerboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -    DISCUSSION  Region-Free Power Rangers Blu-Rays from Germany Megathread - MMPR coming 2019 (https://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=173477)

chr1s April 12th, 2015 02:58 AM

Region-Free Power Rangers Blu-Rays from Germany Megathread - MMPR coming 2019

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]2019 UPDATE:[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"]For anyone who might only now be looking into these, here are links to all releases.

[URL="https://www.amazon.de/Power-Rangers-Morphin-komplette-Blu-ray/dp/B07JX4PPXC/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&keywords=power+rangers&qid=1555763239&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1"]Mighty Morphin Power Rangers S1-3 (SD on Bluray)[/URL]
[URL="http://www.amazon.de/Power-Rangers-Samurai-komplette-Blu-ray/dp/B00USXVGXY/ref=tmm_blu_title_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1454013301&sr=8-2"]Samurai[/URL]
[URL="http://www.amazon.de/Power-Rangers-Samurai-komplette-Blu-ray/dp/B01423S9SK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454012292&sr=8-1&keywords=power+rangers+super+samurai"]Super Samurai[/URL]
[URL="http://www.amazon.de/Power-Rangers-Megaforce-Komplette-Blu-ray/dp/B0172YCWG6/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1449282769&sr=1-2&keywords=power+rangers+megaforce"]Megaforce[/URL]
[URL="http://www.amazon.de/Power-Rangers-Megaforce-komplette-Blu-ray/dp/B01AYYY4T4/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1454012317&sr=1-1&keywords=super+megaforce"]Super Megaforce[/URL][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][URL="https://www.amazon.de/Power-Rangers-Season-18-21-Blu-ray/dp/B01LYYRW68/ref=sr_1_3?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1478034556&sr=1-3&keywords=Power+Rangers"]Power Rangers - Season 18-21[/URL][/SIZE]

I dont know if this is already posted but I was just window shopping on amazon and found this on amazon.de

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51vOHwSdCwL.jpg[/IMG]

It says its a 3 disc set with both English and German audio. Contains the complete Samurai season with Party Monsters ,Clash of the Red Rangers and Christmas Together, Friends Forever . Release date April 17!!! I dont live in Germany but does anyone has more info on this.

here is the amazon link
[url]http://www.amazon.de/Power-Rangers-Samurai-komplette-Blu-ray/dp/B00USXVGXY/ref=sr_1_8?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1428831640&sr=1-8&keywords=power+rangers[/url]

HowlingSnail April 12th, 2015 03:05 AM

Fantastisch.

Well I'll be getting it. I can put up with the on-screen episode titles being in German, since the Classixx DVDs have that too. I want some Samurai Blu-Rays. I've already got the UK first 2 volumes, but I'll probably sell them now and get this. Ich bin gespannt.

Also, Origins is listed in the correct place in the episode list. Let's hope the discs reflect that.

chr1s April 12th, 2015 03:10 AM

Im tempted to buy it too but I want more details. i would be nice to have then on blu-ray to got along witht the Super Samurai set.

HowlingSnail April 12th, 2015 03:17 AM

I'm not sure what other info you're wanting. There's nothing about any special features listed, so there won't be any of those. Aside from that, it's just the technical info. 3 disks, comes out April 17th, and has English and German audio. It's also rated 12, which is a little strange because most 12 year olds don't like PR.

The only thing I can't see any details on are subtitles. If that's an issue, I'd wait a bit and ask someone who buys it (I might) if it has them.

chr1s April 12th, 2015 03:24 AM

Actually I want a complete product review for this before I buy it. You know package, PQ, confimation about the techical Info e.t.c . But so far it "looks" good.

HowlingSnail April 12th, 2015 03:27 AM

Well I'm probably going to get it, so I'll post some info when I get it. Remember all the text on the box (Aside from the big "Complete Season") on the front will be in German.

Salted Pepper April 12th, 2015 03:29 AM

I think the BDs were mentioned in the Shout Legacy set thread, that's when I heard about them. I preordered the set some time ago.

It's a minor detail but I really hope they use the correct opening sequences for the Origins two parter, I think when the episodes premiered Bulk and Spike were not included in the part 1 credits. I definitely don't want to see the later opening credits with Deker and Antonio.

They're planning to release all of Samurai and Megaforce (and presumably Dino Charge at a later point). Originally I didn't even want to own Samurai and Megaforce but if it helps getting Dino Charge BDs I'll buy them.

chr1s April 12th, 2015 03:31 AM

[QUOTE=HowlingSnail;4930709]Well I'm probably going to get it, so I'll post some info when I get it. Remember all the text on the box (Aside from the big "Complete Season") on the front will be in German.[/QUOTE]

Im curious about the discs. The package in German is to be expected .Im looking forward for your comments when you get it.

[QUOTE=Pepper;4930710]I think the BDs were mentioned in the Shout Legacy set thread, that's when I heard about them. I preordered the set some time ago.

It's a minor detail but I really hope they use the correct opening sequences for the Origins two parter, I think when the episodes premiered Bulk and Spike were not included in the part 1 credits. I definitely don't want to see the later opening credits with Deker and Antonio.

They're planning to release all of Samurai and Megaforce (and presumably Dino Charge at a later point). Originally I didn't even want to own Samurai and Megaforce but if it helps getting Dino Charge BDs I'll buy them.[/QUOTE]

I just found the post in the other thread. But if what you say about the rest of them is true then I will suport those releases!!

HowlingSnail April 12th, 2015 03:36 AM

[QUOTE=Pepper;4930710]snip[/QUOTE]

That's good. I can stop trying to talk myself into getting the rest of our DVD volumes and just get these sets.

MarioRanger April 12th, 2015 04:07 AM

Iam the guy who worked on the german DVD sets before and now i am working on the Blu-ray Sets for the company Just Bridge.

If you have any questions - lets beginn - i will try to answer everything.

HowlingSnail April 12th, 2015 04:12 AM

^Also wenn ich die Fragen auf Deutsch fragen würde, würdest du mich verstehen? Du sagst du arbeitest bei der Firma "Just Bridge", also warum zeigt die Amazon Webseite "Studio: Rough Trade Distribution GmbH"?

Salted Pepper April 12th, 2015 04:24 AM

[QUOTE=HowlingSnail;4930721]^Also wenn ich die Fragen auf Deutsch fragen würde, würdest du mich verstehen? Du sagst du arbeitest bei der Firma "Just Bridge", also warum zeigt die Amazon Webseite "Studio: Rough Trade Distribution GmbH"?[/QUOTE]
It could be because they changed their name at some point, amazon doesn't seem to reflect those changes, they still have "Studio:AV Visionen GmbH" for releases by Kazé for example and they have been Kazé for years.

Digifiend April 12th, 2015 04:52 AM

[QUOTE=HowlingSnail;4930705]It's also rated 12, which is a little strange because most 12 year olds don't like PR.[/QUOTE]That is odd. Isn't it rated PG elsewhere, as you'd expect?

MarioRanger April 12th, 2015 04:57 AM

[QUOTE=HowlingSnail;4930721]^Also wenn ich die Fragen auf Deutsch fragen würde, würdest du mich verstehen? Du sagst du arbeitest bei der Firma "Just Bridge", also warum zeigt die Amazon Webseite "Studio: Rough Trade Distribution GmbH"?[/QUOTE]

Its a failure of Amazon. Rough Trade is the distribution of the releases in UK/Australia.

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by HowlingSnail
It's also rated 12, which is a little strange because most 12 year olds don't like PR.[/QUOTE]

That is not our decision. The FSK in order of the government says for what age the series is. In that case it doesnt matter anyway.

[QUOTE]
Well I'll be getting it. I can put up with the on-screen episode titles being in German, since the Classixx DVDs have that too.[/QUOTE]

The on-screen episode titles are in english.

[QUOTE]
There's nothing about any special features listed, so there won't be any of those.[/QUOTE]

The specials are on it: Christmas, Halloween and Clash of the red rangers.

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by HowlingSnailThe only thing I can't see any details on are subtitles. If that's an issue, I'd wait a bit and ask someone who buys it (I might) if it has them.[/QUOTE]

No subtitles, sorry.

Salted Pepper April 12th, 2015 05:00 AM

There's no such thing as PG in germany, things are rated 0, 6, 12, 16 or 18.

Each episode is rated individually and the box gets the highest rating among the episodes, so it's possible that only one episode was actually rated 12.

HowlingSnail April 12th, 2015 05:00 AM

[QUOTE=MarioRanger;4930730]It is not our decision. The FSK in order of the government says for what age the series is. In that case it doesnt matter anyway.[/QUOTE]

I'm aware. I'm saying that the FSK really dropped the ball there.

chr1s April 12th, 2015 05:09 AM

[QUOTE=MarioRanger;4930718]Iam the guy who worked on the german DVD sets before and now i am working on the Blu-ray Sets for the company Just Bridge.

If you have any questions - lets beginn - i will try to answer everything.[/QUOTE]What masters are used fo this release? Are those episodes gonna have the "pal speed up". I know this doesnt apply to hd content but I wanna be sure. Are the disc menus gonna be in english or german? Also is this gonna be a region free release? thank you for doing this.:023:

Salted Pepper April 12th, 2015 05:20 AM

I'd like to point out that the FSK is not a government organization and does not work on order of the government, FSK is an independent organization under SPIO (the german equivalent of the MPAA).

archer9234 April 12th, 2015 06:13 AM

[QUOTE=chr1s;4930736]What masters are used fo this release? Are those episodes gonna have the "pal speed up". I know this doesnt apply to hd content but I wanna be sure. Are the disc menus gonna be in english or german? Also is this gonna be a region free release? thank you for doing this.:023:[/QUOTE]

HD content can be still put into 25fps. My Lightning Strikes BD is in PAL format. It probably won't be. The title cards aren't in German. So I don't see them converting them. I have a feeling it will be region B. I don't care my BD player has that nonsense disabled. But it affects most people. Well I'm buying this. And will keep buying these German imports. Till Lionsgate makes proper releases.

MarioRanger April 12th, 2015 06:26 AM

[QUOTE=chr1s;4930736]What masters are used fo this release? Are those episodes gonna have the "pal speed up". I know this doesnt apply to hd content but I wanna be sure. Are the disc menus gonna be in english or german? Also is this gonna be a region free release? thank you for doing this.:023:[/QUOTE]

The disc menues are in german - its a product for german speaking countries - so its Region B.

The master is directly from Saban Brands Europe. Its Full HD 1080p, 16:9 and 5.1 dts‐HD Master Audio.