4 - Good 40 28.99%
5 - Excellent 16 11.59%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 29th, 2013, 11:03 PM   #161
Peter
AN ORANGE RANGER?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenotome View Post
Whatever you are, figure it out but make sure it's vague and generic!
I understand being hamstrung by the restraints of the Japanese footage, but it can't have been a highlight of the creative process when the plan was, "Let's make it as generic as possible!"
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:03 PM   #162
PiratesxAngels
Power Ranger

Quote:
Thus the problem of bridging more than one series together. You can't be angels, but you also can't be pirates. Whatever you are, figure it out but make sure it's vague and generic!

What does Mega mean though? Sure Megaforce makes sense in the second season, but here right now it doesn't. We're not even going to get into the concept of using ALL THE RANGERS until next season when they have to throw another descriptor on top of it because they already used Megaforce.
Oh God Thank You, I want to know how are you going to explain Angels going to Pirates without emphasizing on one of the themes and playing down another one or just no explanation. MMPR was a high school drama thing that had dinosaurs.
PiratesxAngels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #163
Xenotome
☿♂♃♀

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenNinja View Post
Animals and elemental powers are as basic as you can get. If they played up one of those even a little more than they are now, it'd at least feel like the show was going somewhere.
And then you get another of those pesky MMPR problems. No matter how many new powers they got their suits still reflected their original suits long after those powers were destroyed. Would they still be animal or elemental themed when the Gokaiger suits kick in? Nothing about them evokes either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
I understand being hamstrung by the restraints of the Japanese footage, but it can't have been a highlight of the creative process when the plan was, "Let's make it as generic as possible!"
It's not a matter of footage though. It's a matter of having two incompatible themes leading to each other. They cut the field of any uniqueness these powers can deliver. What was unique about the Thunder Powers? Nothing. Ninja Powers? They got ninja suits that they used some times, other than that nothing. Zeo? Nothing. Turbo? Nothing. Space was the only time when things actually changed. When they threw the status quo out the window with "Fuck it! We're going to space."
Xenotome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #164
timegold
Imagin Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesxAngels View Post
At least when you hear Megaforce you have to know its something MEGA.
Ore-tachi mega, mega, mega! Denji Sentai Megaranger!

Yeah, no. There's really nothing MEGA about Megaforce; it's an over-hyped name.
timegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:05 PM   #165
GreenNinja
Vivid Aoi Operation

Quote:
Oh God Thank You, I want to know how are you going to explain Angels going to Pirates without emphasizing on one of the themes and playing down another one or just no explanation. MMPR was a high school drama thing that had dinosaurs.
I'm fairly certain Xenotome was being sarcastic.

Quote:
And then you get another of those pesky MMPR problems. No matter how many new powers they got their suits still reflected their original suits long after those powers were destroyed. Would they still be animal or elemental themed when the Gokaiger suits kick in? Nothing about them evokes either.
They really should've scrapped the Goseiger powers altogether for the back 20 episodes.
GreenNinja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:06 PM   #166
PiratesxAngels
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Are we talking about Generic Story or Generic TItle? I confused.

Quote:
I'm fairly certain Xenotome was being sarcastic.

They really should've scrapped the Goseiger powers altogether for the back 20 episodes.
But they couldn't Toei wouldn't let them.
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:07 PM   #167
Peter
AN ORANGE RANGER?!?

Quote:
Animals and elemental powers are as basic as you can get. If they played up one of those even a little more than they are now, it'd at least feel like the show was going somewhere.
Given how often the kids used their elemental powers in the last episode alone (Noah attacked with that water thing, and I'm sure Emma/Troy used the "twist tornado" routine more than once), I really think that would've been an easy out. Play up the elemental forces. Earth, sea and sky. The show has dealt with trinities of heroes in that exact pattern before, I mean, and even if they were super-duper subtle about it, it still would be something.
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #168
GreenNinja
Vivid Aoi Operation

Quote:
Toei didn't let them skip Goseiger. Dropping the Gosei powers for the Gokai part of the show should be okay, because it's a completely different thing.
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:10 PM   #169
Xenotome
☿♂♃♀

Quote:
For the back 20? Yes they would. Saban paid for the footage, they used it. They appeased Toei's wants. Super Megaforce is going to use very little (if at all) Goseiger footage.

I think very quickly they'll stop using the Goseiger suits and just include them in the morph like a Warp Digivolution.
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:11 PM   #170
PiratesxAngels
Power Ranger

Quote:
Toei didn't let them skip Goseiger. Dropping the Gosei powers for the Gokai part of the show should be okay, because it's a completely different thing.
They couldn't Toei wanted them to sell every toy in Goseiger. How are you going to drop the Gosei part and and keep the Gokai part if Toei wanted them to sell Goseiger?
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:11 PM   #171
Peter
AN ORANGE RANGER?!?

Quote:
... and would make a hell of a lot more sense than Megaforce powers to UltraMegaforce powers to SuperMegaforce powers to insert-key-and-take-your-pick powers (all in the space of a single fight scene, no less).
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:11 PM   #172
GreenNinja
Vivid Aoi Operation

Quote:
How are you going to drop the Gosei part and and keep the Gokai part if Toei wanted them to sell Goseiger?
Because we're talking about the back 20 (ie Super Megaforce), where they would've used up most of the Goseiger footage already.
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:12 PM   #173
PiratesxAngels
Power Ranger

Quote:
For the back 20? Yes they would. Saban paid for the footage, they used it. They appeased Toei's wants. Super Megaforce is going to use very little (if at all) Goseiger footage.

I think very quickly they'll stop using the Goseiger suits and just include them in the morph like a Warp Digivolution.
They could have stop the Goseiger suits I think they could with that, but they didn't and I wont know how they incorporate the suits to I see Super Megaforce.
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:13 PM   #174
Xenotome
☿♂♃♀

Quote:
They couldn't Toei wanted them to sell every toy in Goseiger. How are you going to drop the Gosei part and and keep the Gokai part if Toei wanted them to sell Goseiger?
Toei don't give two shits about toys. They don't get that money. They wanted Saban to buy & use the footage and they did. Toei is appeased. Any use of the Goseiger suits in Super Megaforce is Saban's call.
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:14 PM   #175
PiratesxAngels
Power Ranger

Quote:
Because we're talking about the back 20 (ie Super Megaforce), where they would've used up most of the Goseiger footage already.
That's like saying why did they make Megarangers something like In Space. We wont know to they tell us.
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #176
GreenNinja
Vivid Aoi Operation

Quote:
That's like saying why did they make Megarangers something like In Space. We wont know to they tell us.
Good thing we have all those behind the scenes photos then.
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:16 PM   #177
Xenotome
☿♂♃♀

Quote:
We know why. Toei only showed them half truths about the footage. Super Megaforce is an upgrade to the Megaforce powers. Hopefully they stem from the Silver Ranger's powers because I am going to be so pissed if Gosei just pulls these powers out of his ass like he's had them for ages.
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:18 PM   #178
PiratesxAngels
Power Ranger

Quote:
Toei don't give two shits about toys. They don't get that money. They wanted Saban to buy & use the footage and they did. Toei is appeased. Any use of the Goseiger suits in Super Megaforce is Saban's call.
Which brings me to the point we wont know how they are until Super Megaforce and if it is done right It could be unique. I don't agree with that part of Super Megaforce that's one thing I think I could have done without.

Quote:
We know why. Toei only showed them half truths about the footage. Super Megaforce is an upgrade to the Megaforce powers. Hopefully they stem from the Silver Ranger's powers because I am going to be so pissed if Gosei just pulls these powers out of his ass like he's had them for ages.
We didn't find out till later, so I am not going to know why they made the Goseiger suits default instead of them losing those powers. Until we found out like we did with In Space. Its either going to be a fantastic set up or a mess of a project.
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:31 PM   #179
shoujoaifan01
Power Ranger

Quote:
Oh man, PLEAAAAAASE, pretty please, with sugar, cherries, and a green candle ontop? We've seen a pic of them as Goseigers/Megaforce, holding Mobirates, then Gokaigers/"Super Mode" standing in their place, so we know they have to stop and morph at least once, probably more.

But they should (should, but no gaurantee) only happen for the first few episodes, then they should quickly "Warp" through either both morphs quickly, or a brand new morph, showing the Goseiger suits fade in then out, or Gokaiger fade in ontop of them (I'm thinking like how the Beetleborgs would have the kids turn into comic ver. of themselves, then borg into their superhero selves)*

That way they should hypothetically appeal to Toei, help kids transition better into them wearing new suits then the reactions kids had to brand new characters when Samurai was over, or even the backlash against Zeo in the day (it might be a fan favorite, but so many kids I knew when we were kids hated the change).

If we're not that lucky, then maybe all they do is replace the Gokaiger civilian fights with Goseiger suits, and then switch to Gokaiger stock footage for the main monster fights, with a hamfisted reason for Jake suddenly sucking at fighting then, like imcompatible colors screwing his suit powers up.

* Really, they have ALOT of experience with not just Warp Evolutions they've dubbed over that was Toei's writing, but then own creations like said Beetleborg double transition hensin I mentioned above, they HAVE experience with this kinda of thing, they should'nt be ABLE to screw this up, even in the Saban 2.0 age...................famous last words )
shoujoaifan01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:36 PM   #180
PiratesxAngels
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoujoaifan01 View Post
Oh man, PLEAAAAAASE, pretty please, with sugar, cherries, and a green candle ontop? We've seen a pic of them as Goseigers/Megaforce, holding Mobirates, then Gokaigers/"Super Mode" standing in their place, so we know they have to stop and morph at least once, probably more.

But they should (should, but no gaurantee) only happen for the first few episodes, then they should quickly "Warp" through either both morphs quickly, or a brand new morph, showing the Goseiger suits fade in then out, or Gokaiger fade in ontop of them (I'm thinking like how the Beetleborgs would have the kids turn into comic ver. of themselves, then borg into their superhero selves)*

That way they should hypothetically appeal to Toei, help kids transition better into them wearing new suits then the reactions kids had to brand new characters when Samurai was over, or even the backlash against Zeo in the day (it might be a fan favorite, but so many kids I knew when we were kids hated the change).

If we're not that lucky, then maybe all they do is replace the Gokaiger civilian fights with Goseiger suits, and then switch to Gokaiger stock footage for the main monster fights, with a hamfisted reason for Jake suddenly sucking at fighting then, like imcompatible colors screwing his suit powers up.

* Really, they have ALOT of experience with not just Warp Evolutions they've dubbed over that was Toei's writing, but then own creations like said Beetleborg double transition hensin I mentioned above, they HAVE experience with this kinda of thing, they should'nt be ABLE to screw this up, even in the Saban 2.0 age...................famous last words )
I wouldn't mind that I would love if the Goseiger suits appear when they morph and you start the morph from there or skip it and go straight to Gokaiger suits morph.

I think though they are mostly going to replace the Gokai changes for pre-zyu teams with Gosei suits and Civilian fights and scenes because there are too many pre-zyu changes.

Tags
fart joke *fart!*, sixth doctor clown, troy has been upgraded.