Go Back   RangerBoard > Discussion Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old July 16th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #4601
TyrannoRangerGeki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavionjackson View Post
Nice find.

And I didn't expect Takahito Oomori (Kyoryuger's producer) to be so young. Still, he's obviously a crappy producer, since he hasn't any experience AT ALL with Tokusatsu. If we had a different producer, we could get a male yellow or more girls.
Old July 16th, 2013, 01:22 PM   #4602
tavionjackson
Power Ranger

I cant believe he called "his show" terrible.
Old July 16th, 2013, 01:25 PM   #4603
Kirito
#HUNTER2015

Quote:
You know that's not an actual quote, right?

And man, whoever runs that site... is an asshole.
Old July 16th, 2013, 01:27 PM   #4604
TyrannoRangerGeki
Banned

Quote:
LOL, the post's writer was just kidding. (No wonder, I've searched through his blog, and he HATES Kyoryuger, mainly for stupid reasons.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry Jam View Post

Completely agreed.
Old July 16th, 2013, 01:29 PM   #4605
goty
Hade ni Ikuze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrannoRangerGeki View Post
Still, he's obviously a crappy producer, since he hasn't any experience AT ALL with Tokusatsu.
But he has. He didn't come up from nowhere, he was the assistant producer in Shinkenger and Gokaiger, i believe Goseiger too. That's usually how they all start.

Quote:

Yeah, that's just the webmaster trying to convince people of his own opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo773 View Post
The last episode pretty much said that the doctor and Plezuon both agreed that Daigo should be his new partner. There really is no need to pass the powers of violet to anyone.
Still, there's gotta be a moment, or more, where we'll see all 10 (11?) Kyoryugers fighting together. I believe that's where people are looking at when talking about his successor as Violet, not because Plezuon would need him (when Ankydon and Bunpachy are also used without their partners).
Old July 16th, 2013, 01:35 PM   #4606
tavionjackson
Power Ranger

Wow I didn't know that. I thought those were his words.
Old July 16th, 2013, 01:35 PM   #4607
TyrannoRangerGeki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goty View Post
But he has. He didn't come up from nowhere, he has been an assistant producer for a while now. That's usually how they all start.
I don't care, he does a really bad job. Also, Toei is dumb for rotating producers EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. Takaaki Utsunomiya, Shinkenger, Gokaiger and Wizard's producer seems to do a much better job, as I enjoy every single show he produced. Not saying I don't enjoy Kyoryuger. (Heck, I LOVE IT!) I just wanted there to be a male yellow this year (taking Green's place), but then a female sixth to balance the team, so it didn't become a sausage fest, which is exactly what Kyoryuger has become. And we didn't get any of that because Oomori is "Mister Girls Aren't Strong".
Old July 16th, 2013, 01:40 PM   #4608
goty
Hade ni Ikuze!

Quote:
I just wanted there to be a male yellow this year, but then a female sixth to balance the team. And we can't get any of that because Oomori is "Mister Girls Aren't Strong".
Eh, the lack of female sixths is more Toei's policy than a specific producer's fault. There seems to be a notion that a female extra ranger wouldn't be appealing to boys, thus hurting merchandise sales. The one time it happened (Go-on Silver), that was only possible because she came along with her brother.

And if you love Kyoryuger, how's he doing a crappy job? He certainly deserves some credit for that. I don't think Utsunomiya is living his better days doing Wizard, anyway.
Old July 16th, 2013, 01:48 PM   #4609
TyrannoRangerGeki
Banned

Quote:
And if you love Kyoryuger, how's he doing a crappy job? He certainly deserves some credit for that. I don't think Utsunomiya is living his better days doing Wizard, anyway.
The ones doing a great job in Kyoryuger are Riku Sanjo, Koichi Sakamoto (but he apparently left the show after Brave 12(?) ) and Bandai, with their awesome toyline. Wizard isn't all that good, I admit, but that's because Toei didn't left Utsunomiya grow, with their stupid producer rotating. He also smashed many serious and cool concepts on Wizard, hoping it would be like the first Heisei Rider shows up to Hibiki, but the bright colors and kiddy appeal made it be JUST like Den-O and its STUPID, STUPID kiddie concepts, that all Kamen Rider series after it inherited.
Old July 16th, 2013, 01:49 PM   #4610
Kirito
#HUNTER2015

Quote:
The ones doing a great job in Kyoryuger are Riku Sanjo, Koichi Sakamoto (but he apparently left the show after Brave 12(?) ) and Bandai, with their awesome toyline. Wizard isn't all that good, I admit, but that's because Toei didn't left Utsunomiya grow with their stupid producer rotating. He also smashed many serious and cool concepts on Wizard, hoping it would be like the first Heisei Rider shows up to Hibiki, but the bright colors and kiddy appeal made it be JUST like Den-O and its STUPID, STUPID kiddie concepts, that all Kamen Rider series after it inherited.
Like what?
Old July 16th, 2013, 01:51 PM   #4611
TyrannoRangerGeki
Banned

Quote:
Like what?
Like bright colors, cartoon-ish and sitcom-ish concept, noisy characters, gimmicky toyline...
Old July 16th, 2013, 02:03 PM   #4612
Kirito
#HUNTER2015

Quote:
Like bright colors, cartoon-ish and sitcom-ish concept, noisy characters, gimmicky toyline...
...Like they have in almost EVERY season?
Old July 16th, 2013, 02:12 PM   #4613
TyrannoRangerGeki
Banned

Quote:
...Like they have in almost EVERY season?
I don't know if you're talking about Rider or Sentai, but I'm talking about Kamen Rider. Up until Kabuto, Heisei Kamen Rider was dark, cool, serious, all what a hero in real life would be. There were no gimmicks. (Maybe Blade and Ryuki with its card gimmick, but whatever.) Just a henshin belt and you're ready to go. However, Den-O pissed on all of those concepts, making the show get filled with CGI, unrealistic characters, stupid storyline, bright colors, stupid gimmicks (USB? Really?), a noisy main character and a shady 2nd rider.

Well, back on topic, Super Sentai got the gimmicks starting with Go-onger, but I never really cared about them, since they were more realistic, I mean, it's more believable that five brave heros transform using dino spirits, than a silly magician transforming using cartoony rings and a singing belt. (Kyoryuger uses a screaming gun, but at least it makes sense, since an eccentric scientist created it.)
Old July 16th, 2013, 02:20 PM   #4614
goty
Hade ni Ikuze!

Quote:
The ones doing a great job in Kyoryuger are Riku Sanjo, Koichi Sakamoto (but he apparently left the show after Brave 12(?) ) and Bandai, with their awesome toyline. Wizard isn't all that good, I admit, but that's because Toei didn't left Utsunomiya grow, with their stupid producer rotating. He also smashed many serious and cool concepts on Wizard, hoping it would be like the first Heisei Rider shows up to Hibiki, but the bright colors and kiddy appeal made it be JUST like Den-O and its STUPID, STUPID kiddie concepts, that all Kamen Rider series after it inherited.
Sakamoto didn't leave, he was filming the movie. He's probably back to direct the series already, we shall see his work again very soon.
Old July 16th, 2013, 02:22 PM   #4615
TyrannoRangerGeki
Banned

Quote:
Sakamoto didn't leave, he was filming the movie. He's probably back to direct the series already, we shall see his work again very soon.
Ah, that's nice to know.
Old July 16th, 2013, 02:49 PM   #4616
DarknessRanger
Darkness Untainted

Okay TRG, you have the point about the gimmicky toys eventually going overboard. How about the REST of those points you claim to? Sure, the characters before Den-O may not have been as exaggerated, but to say it wasn't borderline cartoony just denies what was going on. KR and SS have always and WILL always have the same intended audience. I don't even know what you mean by "sitcom-ish" since I could only see Den-O in particular as an example of that, so it's very much an exception rather than the rule. And as far as noisy characters and "shady" secondary riders... yeah, those have always been around.

And Den-O started a trend of "bright colors?" I'm sorry, what? Apparently several riders having almost all the same color palettes and many bright and shiny super modes don't count either.
Old July 16th, 2013, 02:50 PM   #4617
Truncated Power Rangers
Episode 41 released!

Quote:
I don't know if you're talking about Rider or Sentai, but I'm talking about Kamen Rider. Up until Kabuto, Heisei Kamen Rider was dark
And I failed taking you seriously here.

Agito has some ridiculously silly moments, as does Ryuki. 555 not so much, and Hibiki is pretty light-hearted.

Have you even watched pre-Kabuto?
Old July 16th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #4618
TyrannoRangerGeki
Banned

LOL @ the rider fanboys raging all over me. Let's get back to topic, shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessRanger View Post
And Den-O started a trend of "bright colors?" I'm sorry, what? Apparently several riders having almost all the same color palettes and many bright and shiny super modes don't count either.
But you must admit that, after Den-O, riders started getting ALOT more colorful, just to appeal to kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truncated Power Rangers View Post
Have you even watched pre-Kabuto?
Yes I have, kind sir.
Old July 16th, 2013, 02:57 PM   #4619
Kirito
#HUNTER2015

Quote:
LOL @ the rider fanboys raging all over me. Let's get back to topic, shall we?
Listen, I don't wanna get too far off topic, but he has a point. Ryuki was generally pretty silly, for instance.

And besides, that doesn't make him a rider fanboy. He's just pointing out that your statement was wrong.
Old July 16th, 2013, 02:57 PM   #4620
GreenNinja
Gonna Be the Twintail

Quote:
I don't know if you're talking about Rider or Sentai, but I'm talking about Kamen Rider. Up until Kabuto, Heisei Kamen Rider was dark, cool, serious, all what a hero in real life would be. There were no gimmicks. (Maybe Blade and Ryuki with its card gimmick, but whatever.) Just a henshin belt and you're ready to go. However, Den-O pissed on all of those concepts, making the show get filled with CGI, unrealistic characters, stupid storyline, bright colors, stupid gimmicks (USB? Really?), a noisy main character and a shady 2nd rider.

Well, back on topic, Super Sentai got the gimmicks starting with Go-onger, but I never really cared about them, since they were more realistic, I mean, it's more believable that five brave heros transform using dino spirits, than a silly magician transforming using cartoony rings and a singing belt. (Kyoryuger uses a screaming gun, but at least it makes sense, since an eccentric scientist created it.)
You'll outgrow this phase eventually.
Closed Thread

Tags
dancing with the dinos, girls beating dinos? ha!, i'm filled with regret, oh my!, ridiculoid megazord, stop with the doomsaying, tomatsu fanclub central, viva ramirez, wow!