RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Discussion Forums > Merchandise Discussion

Old January 15th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #1
zeroginc
Power Ranger

elegionojr green ranger helmet

Finishing service by elegionojr i ordered a helmet kit from Eric0101 and finished it by sanding filling and adding the tabs and hinge i tried painting it but i couldn't get those fine details so i sent it to elegionojr who finished it for me and added the clasps.

communication with him was the best updated and kept me informed it did take longer than promised but ill take part blame on it as i painted it and should have just sent it to him to begin with lol. oh and because of the holidays but that's to be expected.

Over all I'm very pleased great work and clean looking. i would recommend him to everybody. hes also doing a Red ranger for me as well and ill post another review on that one when i get it. now that all the good is out of the way i have a few concerns but very minor considering the trouble he went to to fix it.

First is a little left over wax from the polish he used but nothing a toothpick and a cloth could not get rid of.

Second would be the box used has a perfect fit. and that's not a good thing, when i received my helmet the hing broke off so i had to re-glue/add fiberglass to get it back to normal. i would recommend next time a box just a bit bigger if by just an inch all around. Oh and more protective padding.

Third would be the lines used for the helmet are like vinyl tape, that i love! i don't think you'll find a cleaner looking line on any helmet done by hand. But in that regard some of his lines are not perfect and some are..well idk if they were left like that by accident due to rush or they unglued due to the heat in shipping? but you can see in the pics what I'm taking about.

Fourth would be that the diamond on top it crooked and one of the nostrils is not completely painted.

And last would be that on the bottom of the chin its very ruff and slightly gray i think this is due to the primer he used on the inside of the helmet and didn't notice that it stuck to the bottom of the chin and bits of the neck rim on the bottom. its not very noticeable unless you are directly looking at it from underneath but its also not the same paint/texture as the rest of the helmet.

All in all i would still give him 9/10! All my helmets from Eric0101 will now go to him for him to finish! I'm sure the more business he gets the better he will get just like any other artist. so i hope everyone can send him some business lol because it really is a great service. i cant wait to see him do helmets other than MMPR...like a Megaforce

Last edited by zeroginc; January 17th, 2013 at 05:32 PM. Reason: name change
zeroginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:34 PM   #2
MammothRyuu
Five Black/Mammoth Ranger

Damn that's nice. Wish I could afford to buy a helmet.
MammothRyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:07 PM   #3
zeroginc
Power Ranger

Thanks
Old January 17th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #4
zeroginc
Power Ranger

fixed tittle to credit correctly as it was elegionojr services i used
Old January 23rd, 2013, 12:26 PM   #5
Verbal21
Knight Rider Violet

Looks like its time to find one of Eric's kits and contact elegionojr about painting it. Awesome piece you got there, bud May I ask what kind of green paint you used?
Verbal21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 12:48 PM   #6
Jedi Pimp C
Jedi Ranger Master

very impressive.
Jedi Pimp C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 12:51 PM   #7
super skrull
VIP Ranger

The thing is when prop makers bring out new green ranger helmet version 2.0 and so on they look exactly the same and to pay another $200 for a helmet that’s the same is a bit silly

its the same with the power coins version 2.0 starlight keeps making
super skrull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 01:51 PM   #8
zeroginc
Power Ranger

elegionojr would be your best bet for information hes great to work with. and thank you for the complements.