RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Discussion Forums > General Discussion

Old December 20th, 2012, 05:55 PM   #21
Primo Haim Saban
Sailor Mooned

Quote:
Originally Posted by momotroniuity View Post
I have a better question, if a bit nonsensical. What if Jason Zack and Trini stayed, but Austin, Walter, and Thuy were still fired?
Then Steve Cardenas would have been hated on even more as Red Ranger than he already was?
Primo Haim Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2012, 06:07 PM   #22
Dyl
Install Megaranger!
eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo View Post
Then Steve Cardenas would have been hated on even more as Red Ranger than he already was?
Well probably not, if they kept the same characters on the show, I bet the new actors would've been prompted to match their acting with those same characters.

The only reason Steve was the way he was is because he played the character of Rocky not Jason. I'm glad they didn't do that though because even though they are suppose to be separate from the actors, I still associate Characters with the actors.
Dyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2012, 07:26 PM   #23
XNightX
Insert saying here

Honestly I liked the change over. It offered a new dynamic to a show that was getting stale. Honestly as a child you can only watch the same formula played over and over again. Plus Adam and Aiesha were good strong characters..Rocky they never fleshed out much. Plus it really seemed that Trini was only there to translate for Billy. Aside from being cute she wasn't to interesting to watch outside of fights. I did miss Zack and Jason though.
XNightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #24
Bobby ShadowBorg
Power Ranger

If Jason, Zack and Trini (and their respective actors) remained on the show, then Rocky, Adam and Aisha would never have been brought onto the show in the first place.

I'd like to think that if the original line up had remained through Zeo, that probably during Zeo they would've all come to the mutual decision that Zeo would be their final season, and they would've likely have introduced the characters of TJ, Carlos, Ashley, Cassie, maybe Justin, I don't know, during Zeo to establish their characters interacting with the main team, and there more than likely would've been a more proper Passing of the Torch, where our heroes graduate high school, they go off to live their lives, still retaining their powers in case of an emergency, but leaving the protection of Angel Grove and the world to a new generation of heroes.

There is a super sentai special Carranger vs. Ohranger, that would've been perfect to use, showing the Zeo Rangers fighting side by side with the Turbo Rangers.

Its a naive hope of course, but hey, its a hypothetical question.
Bobby ShadowBorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #25
CheckeredRanger
Dean Ambrose>Everyone

I was actually watching a YouTube montage of clips the other day involving the "sound-alikes" of Jason,Trini,and Zack.

As painful as they are to hear today,they are rather funny at the same time
CheckeredRanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2012, 08:57 PM   #26
Philip
Cobalt Ranger

I think a lot of "what ifs" are determined by what happened behind the scenes. For example, if the actors were actually paid better for all of the money they helped Saban make, I could see them sticking around until Zeo. Who knows, maybe they would have kept the Zyu suits for even longer (though it's doubtful).

But I would also think that many of the actors would want to move on to something else. With their hectic work schedules from PR, I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted out after a couple years or so (like Amy).

Also, if the trio stayed, I doubt we'd have seen the Alien Rangers. If we did, I doubt the Rangers would have been turned into kids. Sure, the Zeo quest might've happened still, but who knows?
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #27
Sean
Banned

It would probably be the same, more or less. All of the major events and plots would play out the same, the character interactions would just be different leading to them. I don't think it would have made much of a difference.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2012, 05:58 AM   #28
red-thunder
Power Ranger

[QUOTE=ShinkenSilver937;4231346]
maybe billy would step down in the turbo transition allowing Zack to remain green, Jason step to blue, and Tommy to his red role.
QUOTE]

So Tommy becomes the leader for no reason
red-thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2012, 12:06 PM   #29
Starblast
Power Ranger

well...I eventually came to love Rocky, Adam, and Aisha but it certainly was upseting when they left as a kid. I also think Jason, Zack, and Trini were by far better actors so the show probably would have been slightly better. Jason also was by far the studliest man on the show and probably would have had more shirtless scenes so there's that too.
Starblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2012, 02:27 PM   #30
super skrull
VIP Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-thunder View Post
He would have become the Red Zeo Ranger and Tommy would have been the Gold Ranger. Jason would have also stayed the leader
jason would have been blue and tommy would have been red cus jason david frank would not stand for it being the glory hog he is
super skrull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2012, 03:44 PM   #31
Blue Knightwolf
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Ranger View Post
For one, Tommy wouldn't have become leader. And the Thunderzords might have survived the fight against Rito, meaning no Ninjor and Ninja coins.
They were destined for the scrapheap regardless of who was the leader at the time. We were going to get the Ninja zords [and Shogunzords later on] so destroying them made sense [Unless you were actually looking forward to hearing "Maston Lion Thunderzord Black Frog Ninjazord Power.]
Blue Knightwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2012, 05:05 PM   #32
mmprfan09
One In A Million

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCThirdTechnician View Post
What's the logic for this?
Lets start with Jason knowing how to call for Ultrazord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNightX View Post
Honestly I liked the change over. It offered a new dynamic to a show that was getting stale. Honestly as a child you can only watch the same formula played over and over again. Plus Adam and Aiesha were good strong characters..Rocky they never fleshed out much. Plus it really seemed that Trini was only there to translate for Billy. Aside from being cute she wasn't to interesting to watch outside of fights. I did miss Zack and Jason though.
How was Aisha and Adam strong characters but Rocky wasn't? Adam didn't do jack shit in MMPR and Aisha was just another Kim, although I DO like her.
mmprfan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2012, 05:41 PM   #33
UltimatePRFan
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinkenSilver937 View Post
so if they did stay, would that have maybe kept Kim around? I'd like to think so. I liked her so much more than Kat.

Would the gold Zeo powers be apart of the Zeo Crystal? or would Billy still step down? This might have been an interesting change of story. Tommy being gold, Jason - red, Billy - blue, and Zack - green (the girls would maintain their respective colors). Or would Tommy have been red, Jason - blue, Zack - green, and billy stepping down? (since David's decision to leave wasn't based on Austin, Walter, and Thuy leaving.)

Would they all have made it to turbo? since there is no 6th ranger in turbo, someone would have to step own if they didn't in Zeo. so maybe if the Tommy-gold team i mentioned before existed, maybe billy would step down in the turbo transition allowing Zack to remain green, Jason step to blue, and Tommy to his red role.
Would there still have been a passing of the torch from these veterans to TJ, Ashley, Cassie, Carlos, and Justin? i would hope not. After having the exact same cast for so long (as boring as it would be by the time turbo came around) i would hope Saban would have decided to use them through the end of In Space. To see the whole team come full circle from MMPR - PRiS and the end of zordon.
I could go for all that, although I think Tommy would've been the one to leave in Turbo, since JDF wanted to by then anyway. Then in Space, they could make him the mysterious Silver Ranger and only reveal his identity when he came to help Jason with Zordon's sacrifice. Cool!
UltimatePRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2012, 06:01 PM   #34
XNightX
Insert saying here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmprfan09 View Post
How was Aisha and Adam strong characters but Rocky wasn't? Adam didn't do jack shit in MMPR and Aisha was just another Kim, although I DO like her.
Rocky didn't start off to strong for me. His focus eps tended to be a bit more goofy at first. Though he did grow into a good character. I started warming to him during the episode that showed he was dyslexic. Adam I could relate to because I was a shy quiet person with confidence issues. As for Aisha she just seemed to fill the best friend for Kimberly role well. Her fighting was lacking some but I remember the episode where she was snubbed for being poor..or was it working class? It's again something I had deal with so I related to her character better then Trini's. Now this of course is my opinion but there is my answer.
XNightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2012, 08:05 PM   #35
pescidavid
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Ranger View Post
For one, Tommy wouldn't have become leader. And the Thunderzords might have survived the fight against Rito, meaning no Ninjor and Ninja coins.
As if Tommy being the leader was the only reason the zords were lost and we got the ninja coins. It has absolutely nothing to do with Jason leaving and Tommy taking over. People like to say that because Tommy was the leader we lost the thunder zords and the ninja zords ect. No if the cast hadn't changed it's almost a guarantee that they would have still changed footage. Because people are unhappy with the way things went down, people have a negative feelings about tommy taking over and make him out to be a horrible leader. he did an ok job, I'll say he didn't have as powerful of a voice or leader vibe. but i promise you those changes in the show and events would have been almost exactly the same had the cast remained the same. It just would have been Jason in the hot seat instead of Tommy.

That aside as others have said and even myself, the plot points would have remained the same yes, but the writers definitely wrote better for Jason Zack and Trini (and i think they were more talented actors) so i think it would have been stronger all around even though major plot points would have been similar

Last edited by pescidavid; December 21st, 2012 at 08:22 PM.
pescidavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2012, 08:32 PM   #36
Quantum Wolf
Confusion & Delay!

The Thunderzords may not have been destroyed?

Then again, Tommy was a pretty incompetent and impatient ass during that fight, so the idea has merit.
Quantum Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2012, 02:31 AM   #37
PghPens9192
Power Ranger

Had Jason, Zack, and Trini stayed around, I would have done the following:

1. The White Ranger would have been introduced as an auxiliary ranger, but he would have been Adam.

2. There would have been an episode not long after that were the Green Ranger comes back after everyone else fails. Yes, that Green Ranger would have been Tommy.

3. Since they brought Titanus back for the Ninja Ultrazord, and said carrier zord was wearing a Dragonzord plate, Dragonzord would have been kept around. It would not have been destroyed with the Thunderzords since Tommy's powers would have been too weak or something.

4. Billy would have replaced Zordon when the Power Chamber blew up. Tommy would have become Gold Ranger (this character would have been introduced from the start). Jason would be red, Adam green, Zack blue, and the girls their respective colors. (By then we'll also assume Kim leaves and Kat comes on board).

5. Turbo would be much the same color-wise. Let's say JDF leaves after Zeo ends. This means we can use whoever we want as Phantom Ranger. Also, Justin would have never come on board thanks to Zack.

6. In Space would have been way different. I'm going to cut off after In Space since the Zordon era would have ended. Andros could have been the silver ranger, allowing him and the Karone plotline to remain intact, although it would have been Jason who destroyed Zordon in the end. The series would have ended after In Space.
PghPens9192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2012, 02:29 PM   #38
sopranoq
Banned

All I know is, things would have been a lot better. Jason would have remained the leader as originally planned, Zack would have brought more laughs, and Trini would continue to bring wisdom and confidence to the team. Thing could have been so much better if they stayed, and the show would probably have had more fans than they had if things hadn't changed.
sopranoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2013, 02:06 PM   #39
chrys
Power Ranger

I believe that if Jason,Trini and Zack stayed on the show,Aisha Rocky and Adam would have been just friends of the power rangres.Jason would have remained as the leader of the team and after this he would have become the red zeo ranger and Tommy would have become the Gold zeo ranger.

Last edited by chrys; January 22nd, 2013 at 03:45 AM.
chrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2013, 02:49 PM   #40
rkurtiak22
Power Ranger

I like Jason, Zack, and Trini and all but, the show needed freshness with new charcters in my opinion. Let's take Turbo for example, the rating for Turbo were terrible for the first half and went up when the new team was introduced.
rkurtiak22 is offline   Reply With Quote