Operation Overdrive 1 0.58%
Jungle Fury 0 0%
RPM 38 22.22%
Samurai 2 1.17%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 26th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #1
Dizagaox
VIP Rider

What is the best season of Power Rangers?

Surprised a new poll wasn't done after Samurai finished.

Original seasons only (so no MMPR Reversioning). Also Super Samurai isn't included, as it's not finished yet.

Last edited by Dizagaox; June 26th, 2012 at 05:02 PM.
Dizagaox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #2
Mortiis3
Power Ranger

For me:

1) MMPR S1 (love Trini, JDF ROCKS - greatest ranger ever), sentimental value series
2) SPD (love Z), good stories/arcs...Rockin' intro
3) Zeo (because it was nice to see Rocky be himself instead of Red Ranger Version 2.0)
4) RPM (Darker series)
5) In Space (good way to end the Zordon era. Bulk being in LG don't count)
Mortiis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #3
Truncated Power Rangers
Episode 41 released!

I could understand Super Samurai's exclusion due to it's incompleteness, but because it's a "revision"? That makes little sense.

Season 3 expands on what made Seasons 1 and 2 fun to watch in the first place. RPM was a giant love letter to the fans by providing top-notch comedy in a season that really would have suffered without it.

But really, the greatest thing about this show - and Sentai, natch - is that the seasons vary so much. Sure, you'll have what the majority likes, but the seasons differ so much.

One season may not be loved by all, but everyone loves at least one season.
Truncated Power Rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #4
Dizagaox
VIP Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truncated Power Rangers View Post
I could understand Super Samurai's exclusion due to it's incompleteness, but because it's a "revision"? That makes little sense.
No, the reversioning is that re-edited/colourized version of MMPR that Disney ran between RPM and Samurai.
Dizagaox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #5
PowerSombrero
It's Morphing time Burro!

Lost Galaxy, for me, was the beast season, come on! deads, vengeance, redemption,
then, LR and TF make for me the best stage of Power Rangers
PowerSombrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #6
blacklion400
Power Ranger

RPM, just because it broke the boundaries for what I though PR was capable of. That said, my three other favourite seasons which all follow closely behind are in Space, Lost Galaxy and Time Force.
blacklion400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #7
Morphin K
@Morphin_K

In space was when things got really exciting. Finally someone put Tzachor in his place and told him to step aside, its time for some originality. This season was dark and was a thrill ride from start to finish.

Ecliptor, my favorite Power Rangers villain ever.
Morphin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #8
Willy105
*explosion*

My top three for PR:

1. Dino Thunder
2. In Space
3. RPM

Dino Thunder wins due to being exciting and engaging, the great writing, the good and likable characters, and always begging you to watch the next episode, which no other PR show has done for me. In Space was also a very well made season that should serve as an example on how to adapt a show while also improving upon it and fitting into past continuity; and RPM had the best story in the whole series.
Willy105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #9
kc16
Luv my 9ja!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSombrero View Post
Lost Galaxy, for me, was the beast season, come on! deads, vengeance, redemption,
then, LR and TF make for me the best stage of Power Rangers
Definately agree with you here, even though I like in space (voted for) and rpm better, I believe from in space through time force, have the best storylines in power rangers history thus far imo.
kc16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #10
Primo Haim Saban
wizard's Nin winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizagaox View Post
Surprised a new poll wasn't done after Samurai finished.
That's mainly because many feel it isn't finished yet.

The edit may have come after the narrative of Super Samurai wraps things up.
Primo Haim Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #11
Ajmcc2012
Power Ranger

In space or lost galaxy for best great cast,dark tone, and story
2nd would be time force same reasons

Disney
Three way tie between dino thunder great to see the dinosaurs, ninja storm and spd. All had great cast and story
2nd would be mystic force and 3rd rpm
Ajmcc2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #12
PhazonRanger
Power Ranger

List thread!?
*dives in bomb shelter*
PhazonRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #13
Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo View Post
That's mainly because many feel it isn't finished yet.
Basically. Super Samurai is Samurai.

That said, my votes remain the same, and more than likely will stay that way once Super Samurai completes. RPM is an amazing season that more people deserve to see, and future seasons should aspire to its excellence. That said, my personal favorite is still Time Force, followed by Lost Galaxy.
Multiple Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 07:23 PM   #14
rquinain
トッキュ6号トッキュ6号。。。?
32 eBay

1) RPM - To date, the only Power Rangers season that I was completely enthusiastic about and watched every episode with excitement. I haven't had that kind of enthusiasm since I was a fan of PR as a kid. I just loved the story and, honestly, I liked the darkness. It really reminded me of Sentai in its balance between humor and seriousness, despite being a PR season, and a Disney one at that. Even if you didn't like it, it was different from anything PR has ever presented to us, Disney or Saban, and like blacklion400 said, it surprised me with something that I never thought Power Rangers was capable of. You gotta give it props for that.

2) Time Force - My favorite Saban era Power Rangers. I watched it when I was a kid, but even now, it still resonates with me. I think Time Force had some of the best acting I've ever seen in PR. The end of the series really stuck with me all these years. I don't remember EXACTLY what happened but I remember that the emotions the actors portrayed was genuine (when they were going back to the year 3000, and then when the future rangers were about to have their memories erased) and I really loved it.

3) S.P.D.
I have a thing for time travel and futuristic settings, I guess. Aside from that, it's hard to explain exactly why I liked this season. I thought Shadow Ranger was one of the coolest rangers ever, for one. I liked the reusal of Space and Time Force suits and helmets. The acting was decent too. I loved Bridge. Jack was a pretty cool red. Sky was a pretty cool blue. There's lots of reasons why I liked it but nothing that really ties it all together haha
rquinain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 09:23 PM   #15
Cyrax9
VIP Rider

Just like last time, my vote goes to Time Force. Simply put, it really pushed the envelope for PR, and it was truly an all–around excellent production. (It would honestly take quite a lot for me to change my opinion on this, but that certainly doesn't mean it's impossible.)

Runners–up:
Power Rangers in Space: I consider this second only to Time Force. The story was compelling and the finale was an absolute surprise to me when it originally aired.

Power Rangers S.P.D: I honestly loved PRSPD, although I know others feel differently. To me, it was a departure from the familiar, and that was fun and refreshing. S.P.D. gave us a fleshed out world, and a team of willingly evil/corrupt Rangers to boot, and those work in it's favor. The only thing that bugged me was that there wasn't more Dekaranger footage available to give us a second season, which is really no one's fault.

Power Rangers RPM: Take PRiS and set it on a post–apocalyptic Earth, and this is the result. The only reason that PRRPM doesn't score higher for me is that it frequently felt like a rehash of PRiS in the later episodes, and only got away with what it did because it was supposed to be the final season. (And for one year, it actually was.) Still, PRRPM had plenty of original elements making it something unique and memorable, which is a rarity among many PR seasons. Additionally it had to work with Go–Onger's source footage, which wasn't exactly co–operative with the story that it wanted to tell.

Finally, if I could rate one season strictly from a technical standpoint without taking plot or anything else into account, Power Rangers Samurai would win hands down. That 22 episode season trounced everything else at the technical level; even when you take away the fact that it was shot in HD, the cinematography, the lighting, the editing, the audio mix, it's all top–notch. (The early sound FX were a little weak, but that's just me being incredibly nit–picky.) If the narrative deviated from Shinkenger a bit more and allowed for more natural emotions from the actors, this could very easily have wound up being one of the best seasons produced.
Cyrax9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2012, 01:33 PM   #16
JDF'd
When I Move, I Slice Like A Fucking Hammer

Yeah, this thread should have waited a few months since Samurai and Super Samurai are one in the same. But that's a moot point because there isn't enough alcohol in the world for me to even give it consideration.

For me it's always the same: DinoThunder and RPM. My opinion waxes and wanes on which is my favorite but it's always going to be one of those two until some new hotness diverts my attention. Today it's DT.
JDF'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2012, 08:29 PM   #17
beast575
Power Ranger

I loved Zeo. I enjoyed the interaction between the characters both off and on the job. I loved the new powers, I loved the transitions, I loved the stories, I loved the villains. No complaints.

I typically go for the dark storylines, however (which is interesting because Zeo is most certainly light-hearted)--I enjoyed RPM tremendously--it was like an adult show wrapped up for children, and I also liked Time Force and Mystic Force (no matter what anyone else says!).
beast575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2012, 09:05 PM   #18
PowerPhantom245
Power Sentai

I'm very surprised that RPM get's the highest vote! (25%!)
Although it was very good season, I never thought it would get that high of the vote.
PowerPhantom245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2012, 10:58 PM   #19
Uncle Haim Saban
Part of that world

I haven't voted yet. I am debating whether or not to be that one person that votes for Operation Overdrive, or go with one on my top 5: In Space, RPM, Time Force, MMPR S3, or the 28 episode season known as Turbo. They are my favorites but I feel like Overdrive deserves a fair chance.
Uncle Haim Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:01 PM   #20
Dinorider37
Harness the Power

I have many seasons that I would put ahead of Dinothunder as my favorites but as far as acting, characters and story goes this is the most complete season from start to finish and has the least pointless filler episodes in any Power Rangers season.
Dinorider37 is offline   Reply With Quote