RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Discussion Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Kamen Rider 2012 Rumors: The Name is Kamen Rider Wizard

Kamen Rider Wizard

Kamen Rider Wizard fights enemies that are born on the day of a solar eclipse during an ancient ceremony. Haruto and Koyomi survive the solar eclipse, Haruto disguises himself as Kamen Rider Wizard with the transformation tools given to him by a mysterious white magician. Now, embuded with this strange power, it becomes his fate to fight demons.

Beyond the creation of the evil demons, what was the purpose of the ceremony on the day of the solar eclipse? And what does the hero’s future hold now that he has been fated to fight as Wizard?

The story filled with mystery, excitement and interesting characters will unfold in the autumn of 2012 as Kamen Rider Wizard begins.

Airing every Sunday at 8 AM from September 2nd is the 14th entry into the Heisei Kamen Rider line, Kamen Rider Wizard. His motif is that of magic rings. Now with the power of magic, he fights against his enemies.

Kamen Rider Wizard has four forms: the red Flame Style, the blue Water Style, the green Hurricane Style, and the yellow Land style.

The magic Rider who uses jewelry to disguise himself.

Shunya Shiraishi, the new leader actor, “I’m proud to take on the mantle of Kamen Rider”.

Souma Haruto/Kamen Rider Wizard played by Shunya Shiraishi

Souma Haruto hides his true self under a lighter, easily-amused persona. His favorite food is donuts.

Okunaka Makoto, member of the idol band PASSPO, is the heroine of the series. She’s described as “Koyomi, the mysterious girl”.

Koyomi played by Okunaka Makoto

Koyomi is a strange but fragile girl with a mysterious past, but is she a human or something else? She’s at the center of the mystery revolving around this series. She also tends to the act as support for the others through her ability to tell the future. Due to her low blood pressure, she seems to always be low on tension.

Junki Tozuka plays a character he hopes will show candid emotions on screen.

Shunpei Nara played by Junki Tozuka

A young man who aspires to become a magician and find a great master. Although he wants to be able to help people, he’s usually not able to. Though he can be a bit of a trouble maker at times, he has a cheerful personality.

Yuko Takayama plays a newbie detective by the name of Daimon Riko.

Daimon Riko played by Yuko Takayama

A rookie detective from the Metropolitan Police Department who becomes associated with those involved in demonic activities. She finds it suspicious that the police are not actively working against the demons and tries to help the others from the inside.

The hangout for the series is an antique shop which is run by Shigeru Kajima, played by Hisahiro Ogura.

Shigeru Wajima played by Hisahiro Ogura

He is the creator of the magic rings Haruto uses to become Wizard. Wajima becomes the caretaker for Haruto and Koyomi who have been living together. Haruto helps him by testing out the different rings.

Director is Shojiro Nakazawa, looks like it’s his first time as head director. His most recent work includes four episodes for Tokumei Sentai Go-busters and 10 for Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger. The writer is Kida Tsuyoshi, head writer for the first half of Kamen Rider Hibiki. The producer is Taakaki Utsunomiya, he produced Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger and Samurai Sentai Shinkenger. The vocalist for Golden Bomber, Kiriyuin Shou is doing the opening.

http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/wizard/
http://risingsuntokusatsu.com/2012/0...-rider-wizard/

--------------------

Old rumours, original post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecaEnd View Post
It's really early for this, and it's nothing concrete or solid.

But ◆M4ApJwbK/w, a somewhat legit spoiler provider, posted on 2ch that the concept is based around tablets and smartphones. Of course, it's still very early, so there's a possibility that it might change.

Again, ◆M4ApJwbK/w has posted spoilers that ended up true.

Here's a translated post by him.
Tablets I wouldn't be surprised. Toei has some sort of Apple fascination with Nozama's and ANKH's Ipad's.

I suppose the next step is really integrating it into the series.

Kamen Rider: Keitai Sousakan

Last year rumors started around December

http://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=142994

Last edited by McAster; 06-27-2012 at 03:48 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
GreenNinja
Vivid Aoi Operation

It was the presence of Let's Go Kamen Rider that caused me to start the thread. But now that we have whisperings for Fourze's successor, sure.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
Shirubaa
Mr. Silver

What's the percentage chance that that rumor is true?
Old 02-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
Ryoutarou
Dot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edag88 View Post
What's the percentage chance that that rumor is true?
Decent. As has been said, the guy the rumors come from has posted things that turned out to be true in the past.

Of course, since it is so early in production, it could be that the series will undergo a drastic change as time moves on.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #5
Willy105
*explosion*

Tablets and smartphones would be a logical progression from the space shuttle and astronomy themed Fourze. They could even use the excellent white color scheme again.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #6
Merlin
The Phoenix Reborn

Hopefully they will continue the numbered progression and are kicking themselves for using 555 earlier.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #7
Ryoutarou
Dot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Hopefully they will continue the numbered progression and are kicking themselves for using 555 earlier.
That or we finally get the long awaited for sequel to Faiz that directly picks up with Takumi still on that hill after ten years.

If he's not dead yet.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #8
Thermite Kitten
i am rayblad man? щ(~Д~щ)

First page is a good place to say this: take everything said here with a fistful of salt.

I don't think they'll go with white again. The Base States suit is distractingly filthy on occasion, something I usually don't notice with Rider suits. A smartphone-based season makes me think of the Faiz remake joke.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #9
Christophe
@RangerWiki sysop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermite Kitten View Post
The Base States suit is distractingly filthy on occasion
QF so much T
Old 02-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #10
tasti man LH
Contract?

Man, it's already starting huh?

And to think we've already reached the half-way point in Fourze...
Old 02-16-2012, 12:50 PM   #11
TheSilentWatcher
I ruin everything!

>_> Damn it, I like Fourze. Is it really that time of the year?

This is what happens when introductions take a quarter of the season (not complaining), you feel like Fourze hasn't been on that long.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #12
Ryoutarou
Dot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasti man LH View Post
Man, it's already starting huh?

And to think we've already reached the half-way point in Fourze...
We're still like two months off from the halfway point. Production just starts early, at least post production, you won't see any serious movement until summer.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #13
tasti man LH
Contract?

...um, I meant by episode count (if Fourze continues the trend of being 50 eps long).

We're at ep 22, which is almost at the halfway point.

(unless, of course my math is completely off.....somehow)
Old 02-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #14
Ryoutarou
Dot

Ah, yeah, cause there's still a good seven months or so as far as airings go. (though if they've kept that crazy lead in filming, they're probably already around episode 35 or so)
Old 02-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #15
NrinVakil
1700's Clone Tommy

The only way I can see smart phone/tablets working as the changer would be something akin to the K-touch from Decade. It'd be pretty neat to be able to summon different powers from different apps.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #16
Ninjaizer
Spy Ranger

I can't wait to see the various fake and real design pictures.
Some of the fake suits that pop out are pretty neat.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:05 PM   #17
Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
I can't tell you how many times i've hammered in the idea of 2012/2013 Kamen Rider being named

"Kamen Rider Go"

"Go" sounds like how the Japanese say "Five"

Then you have all the "Go" related puns

"Let's Go! Kamen Rider Go!"

Quote:
The Base States suit is distractingly filthy on occasion, something I usually don't notice with Rider suits.
I don't even know if it was intentional or not but my Fourze figuart sometimes looks dirty white.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #18
powerpackers90
AngelGroveRadioPodcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoutarou View Post
That or we finally get the long awaited for sequel to Faiz that directly picks up with Takumi still on that hill after ten years.

If he's not dead yet.
well if you count "lets go kamen Rider" then he's still alive. but then again is that the real takumi or the scared Teenager one from decade or this a different Faiz. aww i give up keeping up with this stuff.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #19
Willy105
*explosion*

Quote:
The Base States suit is distractingly filthy on occasion, something I usually don't notice with Rider suits.
I really like that though, it looks great. Just like the real Space Shuttles and Apollo rockets.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #20
TZMhero
Air

I just can't wait for Kamen Rider Faiz: The Next Generation.
Closed Thread