RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Discussion Forums > Merchandise Discussion

Old January 19th, 2012, 02:10 AM   #1
Tenshi0080
Ranger of Angels

Sushiya's Ebay Store

Hey guys it's one of your favorite ranger cosplayers, coming to you with my first ever rb customer review. this review is for Sushiya's Ebay shop that i have had the unfortunate pleasure of working with. I used this site to buy one of his DragonRanger Shields and the price was too good to be true, and even with all of the things that i heard about his services i thought that i wouldn't be that bad of a deal, you know like maybe he turned over a new leaf, but booooy was i wrong...
So i buy the shield on the 14 of September, and we were maintaining good contact with each other about the transaction, and it was all good. then out of nowhere he becomes more delayed in his replies, and so in late october he told me that he was still working on it but that he would be done with it soon. now its november and still no word, but then there was a light in the darkness he messaged me on the 4th to say that he was done and needed my address to ship it, i replied and i was happy even though it took a while so i waited. then by mid december i still haven't received the shield, and now i'm thinking wtf???..... i message him again, but now i am getting no replies, and that brings me to now, i try to open disputes with ebay, and paypal but they both deny me on the disputes because it he took too long with the transaction. So now im fighting with my bank to have the credit returned to me for an item never received. If you want my honest opinion guys, don't use his ebay either, he conned me long enough for the transaction to expire and now he won't reply to me any more..... This dude supposedly hasn't changed much since his rb days, but he should hope that he never comes to japan or that i never take a trip to indonesia cause if either one happens i'm going to kick his ass and get my money back.....

Last edited by Morgan Lamia; January 19th, 2012 at 04:22 AM.
Tenshi0080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 02:35 AM   #2
masked-rider-hk
facebook.com/dxtoyhk

He's from thailand, not indonesia.
masked-rider-hk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 02:51 AM   #3
Xanderian
Ninja Ranger Power Now!

With eBay I have learned that no matter the seller or circumstance file a eBay dispute before the deadline. Just to protect yourself, you can always repay but if you lose that window you lose everything. Be sure to leave a SCATHING feedback on his eBay feedback
Xanderian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 04:24 AM   #4
Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Please don't change fonts and italicise entire posts, it's pretty annoying and can make it difficult to read for some readers.
Morgan Lamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 07:12 AM   #5
noleafclover1999
MMPR Yellow ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshi0080 View Post
you know like maybe he turned over a new leaf,
I don't know about a new leaf but he certinately turned over a noleaf...
noleafclover1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 07:17 AM   #6
Jiraiya
PAIN IS PAINFUL

yeah i stay well clear of sushiya. it's because of him i lost a lot of money on a suit that looked half arsed. I can make my own and it'd still look a thousand times better
Jiraiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 07:17 AM   #7
Redlunarwolf
Evil Titanium Ranger

Honestly with hearing about him being scammed you should have disputed it before your limit was up. That to me just is common sense especially from what he did to everyone. If I don't have tracking within a few days of not being able to dispute...dispute. Sure hope he didn't burn you but come on people.
Redlunarwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 11:33 AM   #8
phoenixboy83
Castles In The Sky

Wow this is really bad. The shocking thing about this is that I received my order from him. I ordered in the middle of September and he was good on communication.Then the emails slowly stopped and it took my partner to email him stating that if he does not contact with delivery or refund he would take "further actions if necessary" and he called him a scammer. And out of nowhere, Sushiya emailed (on the same day) stating he complete with the order and that it shipped out. I even got a tracking number and he was at my house within a week. I honestly had given up and thought that I was like the everyone else and was scammed. I won't order from him again as this was BEYOND stressful. And I probably won't get the next order.

Now the quality of his items is another story, but at this point it's the principle that I received my order.
phoenixboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 02:59 PM   #9
slowfinger33
Power Ranger

Long time reader, first time posting.

Well, from the countless threads I've read on Sushiya, it seems to be mixed reviews. His quality of work is amazing and started off great, but he lags it when it comes to making the items.

I decided to give the guy a chance and ordered the full Green MMPR package (no helmet) from him. I contacted him through ebay, and he responded the same day. We went on to communicate for a few days and his responses were very quick, he even knocked down a few bucks for being interested in his work.

So I went with it and paid him. He responded immediately and sent me the measuring charts (this is as of 1/19/12). He said to give him about "45 days".

I know it won't be done in 45 days, but if it is then that's great. BUT realistically I prepared myself for the long wait. This is going to be my 2012 Halloween costume (which gives him about 9 months to finish it).

I can go ahead and update you guys as this order comes along. Here's hoping for the best.
slowfinger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #10
OmegaRangerRed
32 eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowfinger33 View Post
Long time reader, first time posting.

Well, from the countless threads I've read on Sushiya, it seems to be mixed reviews. His quality of work is amazing and started off great, but he lags it when it comes to making the items.

I decided to give the guy a chance and ordered the full Green MMPR package (no helmet) from him. I contacted him through ebay, and he responded the same day. We went on to communicate for a few days and his responses were very quick, he even knocked down a few bucks for being interested in his work.

So I went with it and paid him. He responded immediately and sent me the measuring charts (this is as of 1/19/12). He said to give him about "45 days".

I know it won't be done in 45 days, but if it is then that's great. BUT realistically I prepared myself for the long wait. This is going to be my 2012 Halloween costume (which gives him about 9 months to finish it).

I can go ahead and update you guys as this order comes along. Here's hoping for the best.
1. Welcome to the boards

2. File a paypal dispute after 30 days just to protect yourself. I have no faith in him to complete any orders, whether he does or not. If he has the fear of losing the money back to you, it may be the bargaining chip for him to actually do the job.
OmegaRangerRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #11
slowfinger33
Power Ranger

Thanks for the welcome, and for the advice Omega.
I will definitely dispute after a month, seems the sure way of protecting myself (like you mentioned).

From the feedback left on ebay, it seems he is completing orders as of October and on. The feedback seems legit and it's been positive (Note: One person just mentioned they got the wrong gloves, but for the most part, all positive). I read somewhere that he was actually in the hospital for awhile a few months ago, but can't be so sure. Could explain why he took so long.

Let's see how this works out, and hopefully others can contribute to this thread in terms of Sushiya's latest antics.
Old January 19th, 2012, 03:54 PM   #12
TheFullMetalRanger
Fullmetal889

I took a chance and order a dragon shield back on Augs. But I didn't get it until the 2nd week of October. It took forever for him to reply on eBay. But I think it's quicker to contact him through email.the email should be on his website but i can get it later on.
TheFullMetalRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #13
slowfinger33
Power Ranger

His email is: kamen_rider_v1@hotmail.com

Glad that you got the shield.

I just hope the Aniki green ranger helmet I ordered matches up close enough with Sushiya's suit/triangles. Aniki's helmet seems like a lighter shade of green versus Shushiya's color.

Good luck to all those who ordered from Sushiya! Cross your fingers (Cuz I am)! =/
Old January 19th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #14
TheFullMetalRanger
Fullmetal889

I was glad that it came in on time. He seems to take forever. As a cosplayer I am sure it doesn't take 45 days to make it. I order cosplays on eBay and I get them on time. And after those waiting periods I couldn't leave a feedback.
TheFullMetalRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #15
Toliver 2.0
Dey took iz jerrrb?!

Maybe I'm just a dick, err... well scratch that. I'm a dick who has a hard time feeling sorry for people who continue to solicit the services of known pseudo-scammers despite NUMEROUS suggestions to the contrary.

Like, it boggles my mind sometimes. There's TONS of threads available that could serve to prove sushiya to be untrustworthy. I get that ebay is a different medium, but how does that make the guy's character any more upstanding? Like, even if he conducts business a bit differently there, one would still think it obvious that people would recognize that the possibility exists that the guy would have no quams, morally speaking, scamming ANYONE out of their money (regardless of medium)? In a long enough timeline, someone is going to get hosed., ya'know?

There's something really sad about the fact that these guys can get away with what they do to people and STILL find steady business from those who think it will be somehow different for them. You play with fire, you're going to get burned.

Still, I do feel for those who are out substantial money on account of these assholes. I really hope things work out for you, Tenshi. Also, it's threads like this that make me appreciate propmakers like click even more.
Toliver 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 07:10 PM   #16
Remmy 84
King of the Munchkins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toliver 2.0 View Post
Maybe I'm just a dick, err... well scratch that. I'm a dick who has a hard time feeling sorry for people who continue to solicit the services of known pseudo-scammers despite NUMEROUS suggestions to the contrary.

Like, it boggles my mind sometimes. There's TONS of threads available that could serve to prove sushiya to be untrustworthy. I get that ebay is a different medium, but how does that make the guy's character any more upstanding? Like, even if he conducts business a bit differently there, one would still think it obvious that people would recognize that the possibility exists that the guy would have no quams, morally speaking, scamming ANYONE out of their money (regardless of medium)? In a long enough timeline, someone is going to get hosed., ya'know?

There's something really sad about the fact that these guys can get away with what they do to people and STILL find steady business from those who think it will be somehow different for them. You play with fire, you're going to get burned.

Still, I do feel for those who are out substantial money on account of these assholes. I really hope things work out for you, Tenshi. Also, it's threads like this that make me appreciate propmakers like click even more.
This is only relevant IF the person buying from Sushiya is a member of RB first. TBH if they ARE a member of RB first and they buy from him, i have little to no sympathy. Like you said, the warning signs are there.

HOWEVER there are a lot of people, myself included, who spend hours on ebay looking at random stuff, going from category to category who eventually stumble on something massively obscure, like an MMPR suit. It really isn't usual practice to google a seller on ebay to check if there are websites with comments on regarding the seller.

Since i found RB i cant google something without finding RB in the top 5 results. But if you haven't found RB and are just coming back in to PR for the first time since childhood or the first time ever, why would you know such a place as RB existed? Let alone listen to any post contained within.

I think its the luxury we have as RB members KNOWING that Sushiya is effectively a scammer, over the hopes of those who aren't on RB and assume he had a bad rep in the past. Besides ebay feedback is designed for your piece of mind, if a seller is still on there with good feedback, why would you doubt him/her?
Remmy 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #17
slowfinger33
Power Ranger

Well it's a risk some of us are willing to take for the items he makes. I'm going to be sending him my measurements this evening. I will also make sure to include in the email that I know of his reputation, but am willing to take a shot with him (for the sake of his business). If he comes through for me great, but if not, well lesson learned.

I'll be ready to submit my dispute on paypal after 30days regardless if he doesn't update me on the status of my order. But like I mentioned, from weeks of research people have been getting their orders (at least Green MMPR orders) and while it may not be as soon as we expect, Sushiya does seem to be fulfilling them (from the looks of it).

I guess Tenshi and I will be the next guinea pigs. Hopefully he gets his Shield soon, and hopefully I'll get my order completed once he has my measurements. Let's see how this turns out.
Old January 19th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #18
Toliver 2.0
Dey took iz jerrrb?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy 84 View Post
This is only relevant IF the person buying from Sushiya is a member of RB first. TBH if they ARE a member of RB first and they buy from him, i have little to no sympathy. Like you said, the warning signs are there.
Completely agree. I was refering to the OP who obviously frequented RB at the time of purchase and still went ahead and paid up. Still, when you're dishing out this kind money (granted, Sushiya is one of the more reasonably prices propmakers out there) for something, it would be fair to say you should probably do a TINY bit of research. And, in the instance you're not, at least be familar with ebay/paypal dispute practices to know when you absolutely HAVE to file a dispute to protect yourself. Even if your PR merch world begins and ends at ebay, it's hard to play the victim when you had every oppoortunity to recoup your money via the appropriate outlets, as some have mentioned above.

But don't get me wrong, I do believe people can change. Hell, Aniki was really in a bad spot for a while and I took a gamble on his new GR mold when he first decided to list on ebay because I believed just that --maybe he's got it together now. I definitely get it. Still, even despite his description where he stated something like 'a bid means that the buyer understands it will take over 45 days to make and ship this helmet,' I knew damn well that it didn't mean I was waiving my right to a dispute should I see fit. Instead, I knowingly inhereted the risk involved in not filing a dispute and would have assumed all responsibility had I got screwed over.

I just wonder what it's going to take for enough to be enough already. Also, welcome to the board, slowfinger23.
Toliver 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 08:32 PM   #19
Tenshi0080
Ranger of Angels

Yeah i know that i took a chance, but at the same time its your two cents but if someone ordered after me and got it already then why the f*ck did i get screwed, and as far as contacting him i have contacted him at every source possible and he still doesn't reply. Unfortunately for me i couldn't dispute it earlier cause ebay had removed the transaction, and i called them to find it and they did, but i cannot take any action on it. The only other outlet i have is to try to have the credit returned through my bank, and thanks for letting me know that he's in Thailand, cause i have to go to Thailand this summer for a wedding so i may just pay him a visit....
Tenshi0080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2012, 08:38 PM   #20
slowfinger33
Power Ranger

Haha oh man, this thread is making me nervous! Gotta stay positive though. For this being my first Ranger costume, it has become quite stressful. If Sushiya pulls through, well then maybe there's hope for him and for us all. But let's see how Tenshi's situation plays out (since he's first in line before me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toliver 2.0 View Post
Also, welcome to the board, slowfinger33.
Thanks Toliver. Definitely glad there's so many helpful resources here with the experience to guide us newbies.