RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Discussion Forums > General Discussion

Old April 14th, 2011, 07:21 PM   #1
Lightning_Kid128
Greatest Red Ranger

Real Life RPG & Power Rangers

Hey everyone!

I was wondering if any of you participate in any real life RPG's. If yes, would any of you be willing to start a Power Rangers RPG if you had the right people?
Lightning_Kid128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2011, 07:36 PM   #2
sylarking
Power Ranger

No.
sylarking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2011, 07:44 PM   #3
Espio the Chameleon
Dev: Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

No. LA RPers are a group that can bring down the credibility of any franchises that are associated with it.
Espio the Chameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2011, 07:59 PM   #4
kainhighwind2
King of Braves!

LARPers aren't all bad, but I can't see a PR one working, AT ALL. Medieval history? Sure. Swords and Sorcery? No problem. High fantasy even? Sure, why not? But Power Rangers? No, sorry.
kainhighwind2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2011, 09:39 PM   #5
Lightning_Kid128
Greatest Red Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kainhighwind2 View Post
LARPers aren't all bad, but I can't see a PR one working, AT ALL. Medieval history? Sure. Swords and Sorcery? No problem. High fantasy even? Sure, why not? But Power Rangers? No, sorry.
Why cant you see a Power Rangers LARP working? Is it the number of people, the resources or the rules that might be needed? I'm seriously thinking about starting one in my town and think it would be very interesting but I'm trying to gather info about LARPs in general.
Lightning_Kid128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2011, 09:50 PM   #6
kainhighwind2
King of Braves!

Blunty put, go to a local RenFaire. That is a LARP. I can't see that working for Power Rangers.
kainhighwind2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2011, 10:34 PM   #7
EuphoricDorian
99 zulu, Combat Ninja.

Lightning Bolt Lightning Bolt Lightning Bolt!
EuphoricDorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2011, 10:19 AM   #8
Alitain
God of Benevolence

I would never do it, personally. Nothing against LARPers, I do find it...weird. I prefer pen/paper RPing than full on acting out. I think I find it easier to imagine my character say chopping down an ogre than me wearing foam armor, wielding a foam sword and running around swinging at other people. Easier to picture the fantasy I guess.

I don't see why a PR LARP wouldn't work though, it wouldn't be any different than any other LARP, the only thing though would be that you'd have to have a group play the villains. And then it gets into the fact that are you only going to have one group of rangers, because then you have only a small group of people. Or would you have it be some crazy thing with people making up their own ranger teams and having multiple groups? Also with the villains, it might kinda suck if people want to be like the Power Rangers and thus always win, because then the villains would always end up losing no matter what.

Oh but a funny thought just occured to me. The megazord. It'd be hilarious if the group(we'll go with 5 right now) when they form their megazord, pick up some kinda cut out or something of the pieces of the megazord, and stand close together and hold them up, having to move together as if they were one big megazord. Sorry, couldn't help the funny image.
Alitain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2011, 02:57 PM   #9
PinkrangerMMPR
Power Ranger

Don't know if this really fits here or not, but there is a guy at Purdue University that runs around as the Red Ranger. He calls himself the Purdue Red Ranger. here's a link to his facebook page, but based on the posts on his wall, it doesn't look like he has suited up in a while.
PinkrangerMMPR is online now   Reply With Quote