RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Discussion Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
LawgSkrak
Bounty Hunter's creator

Are those the Bayside High hallway sets????

I just watched Power Ranger Punks, and I'm pretty sure I noticed the high school hallway set from Saved by the Bell being used. At least, it looks like it to me.

I know they reused the Bayside hallway sets years later on That's So Raven,( although in that case, I think it's supposed to be the same school as they are both called Bayside, but I didn't realize that PR had used them.

Or am I just imagining things. Sorry if I'm pointing out something that's been noticed hundreds of times before.
LawgSkrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
thunderhayes
Power Ranger

I don't know if it's "Bayside High" or not...but I think it's not. And in that same vein I don't thin That's So Raven was using "SBTB Bayside" either.

The lockers and other positions just don't seem right...and I've seen a lot of Saved By The Bell (A LOT).

It's highly possible all three sets were based off a very similar plan (heck, they were all designed with a three walled, stairs in the back, lockers along the foreground layout). Many times in Saved By The Bell the EXACT same classroom was used and just had the chairs turned around, or closets sat in front of a door to give the appearance of it being different.
thunderhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:13 PM   #3
GreenWithGreatness
DragonzordDriver

That is the definition of irony. I was watching that episode not even a week ago and my girlfriend asked the exact same thing. I don't think they're the same set, but they're definitely similar.
GreenWithGreatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:10 AM   #4
MastaDan
Mastodon!

I actually think it is the same. Apparently that school was used for a number of shows. The school is Grant highschool. Of course Wikipedia could be wrong but here's the wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grant_H...)#Film_program

Freaks and Geeks, one of my favorite shows, was also filmed there.

Edit:

It actually says it was used for exterior shots for Saved By the Bell.
MastaDan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:40 AM   #5
johnboy3434
Jack of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWithGreatness View Post
That is the definition of irony. I was watching that episode not even a week ago and my girlfriend asked the exact same thing. I don't think they're the same set, but they're definitely similar.
That's the definition of coincidence, not irony.
johnboy3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:00 AM   #6
LawgSkrak
Bounty Hunter's creator

Well, I know for a fact that the sets were used in That's So Raven. I compared pics a couple of year ago, and they were identical aside from some set dressing.
LawgSkrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:07 AM   #7
GreenWithGreatness
DragonzordDriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy3434 View Post
That's the definition of coincidence, not irony.
Right right my bad. I'm just used to the phrase that I hear all too often.
GreenWithGreatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #8
johnboy3434
Jack of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWithGreatness View Post
Right right my bad. I'm just used to the phrase that I hear all too often.
No biggie. I'm almost convinced that the word has no meaning, despite what the dictionary might say.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:52 AM   #9
Truncated Power Rangers
Episode 37 released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy3434 View Post
No biggie. I'm almost convinced that the word has no meaning, despite what the dictionary might say.
I beg to differ.
Truncated Power Rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #10
whitefire33
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaDan View Post
I actually think it is the same. Apparently that school was used for a number of shows. The school is Grant highschool. Of course Wikipedia could be wrong but here's the wikipedia page:
The exterior shots were both Grant High School. I don't know if they used the same interior shots (I never really found them to be that similar) but the exterior's are definitely the same location.
whitefire33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:18 PM   #11
johnboy3434
Jack of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truncated Power Rangers View Post
All that thread taught me is that just about any inconvenience can be an example of irony if you put the right spin on it. And if a word can mean anything, it really means nothing. Like "deceptively". Linguists argue about the definition of "deceptively", and if the people who live and breathe this shit can't decide what it means, then it's a failure as a word. For example, saying that a room is "deceptively large" could mean that the room looks small but is really large OR it could mean that the room looks large but is really small. The meanings are the polar opposites of one another, but the same word is used for both. Why would such a word even exist, and why would anyone use it?

Essentially, I'm for banning the use of "ironic" from normal discourse. Nobody uses it correctly, so it shouldn't be used at all.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #12
Knight Rider
Banned

Oh how I love this thread. I think the reason why they reused for TSR was because most of the SBTB/TNC clique were working on the show I also found it funny how one of the writers created TWOWP, another disney show.
Knight Rider is offline   Reply With Quote