RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Discussion Forums > General Discussion

Old December 30th, 2009, 12:57 PM   #1
DanielFyre
The Box Guy
32 eBay

Question: Why doesn't Jason David Frank like Austin St. John

Hey guys,
I've been watching some stuff on youtube and I get the distinct impression that JDF doesn't like Austin St. John to the point of challenging him to an MMA match. I don't know the full story behind this and I'm just curious as to why they don't like each other? I've been looking on youtube and google for some explaination and have found nothing. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks.
DanielFyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2009, 01:02 PM   #2
ZeoMew2Too
YANK! STUFFED!

Challenging him to MMA match is a bad thing? An all-new exclusive one-on-one fight between Tommy and Jason? JDF knows that would get the fans foaming at the mouth. There's no malice behind it.

IIRC, he also said that he'd do it if Austin St. John ever contacted him about it. And that was all just in response to fans asking why a match hadn't occurred yet. So, yeah, no malice between JDF and ASJ. If anything, it's JDF playing up some fan wank to work a crowd.

Now, David Yost and JDF, on the other hand...
ZeoMew2Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2009, 01:05 PM   #3
Iroquois
Power Ranger

^ Actually, in a recent convention, when Forever Red was brought up with Jason and Steve (Gardenas) on the panel, Frank did say he'd rather have Steve back for that episode instead of Austin.

Now, I don't know if there is anything there or it was just personal preference (we do like some co-workers better than others).
Iroquois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2009, 01:11 PM   #4
DanielFyre
The Box Guy
32 eBay

Not sayin it would be a bad thing if it were to happen. I'd actually love to see it...to the point of payin...fairly heavily for it. I'm just curious if there was some type of ill will behind it instead of just a publicity thing. I'm good with it either way though if it were to happen lol.
Old December 30th, 2009, 01:19 PM   #5
ZeoMew2Too
YANK! STUFFED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroquois View Post
^ Actually, in a recent convention, when Forever Red was brought up with Jason and Steve (Gardenas) on the panel, Frank did say he'd rather have Steve back for that episode instead of Austin.

Now, I don't know if there is anything there or it was just personal preference (we do like some co-workers better than others).
Well, to be fair, he did spend a lot more time working with Steve Cardenas than he did with ASJ. Don't know if it was meant as a serious jab at ASJ. I just think maybe JDF and Steve Cardenas "clicked" a little better off-screen. The only one I've heard JDF had major problems with in the cast was David Yost.
ZeoMew2Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2009, 01:24 PM   #6
DanielFyre
The Box Guy
32 eBay

David Yost really? That's a whole lotta news to me. The only thing I heard in regards to them was when JDF put a bug in a sandwich and gave it to David as a joke... What happened with them?
Old December 30th, 2009, 01:27 PM   #7
Raiden
/_______\

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielFyre View Post
Hey guys,
I've been watching some stuff on youtube and I get the distinct impression that JDF doesn't like Austin St. John to the point of challenging him to an MMA match. I don't know the full story behind this and I'm just curious as to why they don't like each other? I've been looking on youtube and google for some explaination and have found nothing. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks.
From what i gather (gather meaning what JDF said) was ASJ would walk around the set of PR all the time bragging about all the people hes killed in the ring (ie mma or some sort not litterally killing). I could be wrong and i wouldnt want to missread what he said but that would be set them off on the wrong foot from the start of the relationship
Raiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2009, 01:29 PM   #8
DanielFyre
The Box Guy
32 eBay

Ahhhh ok that sounds plausible. P.S. I really thought you meant killed literally at first when I read that I was like oh man....thanks for clarifyin.
Old December 30th, 2009, 01:41 PM   #9
Phantom6
Dark things fear my light
eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeoMew2Too View Post
Now, David Yost and JDF, on the other hand...
According to JDF he and Yost are actually friends. At work they had moments of tension because David is VERY Professional and Jason is the biggest goofball on the planet.
Phantom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2009, 02:01 PM   #10
Storm Eagle
eoPrw aegnRr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom6 View Post
According to JDF he and Yost are actually friends. At work they had moments of tension because David is VERY Professional and Jason is the biggest goofball on the planet.
So that would explain why David Yost looked rather annoyed by Jason David Frank playing around in this one video when they're on the set of the classroom.

It makes sense though. I've known people that although I was cool with them, I could get annoyed by some of their quirks. Just not enough to hate them though.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2009, 02:22 PM   #11
Raiden
/_______\

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielFyre View Post
Ahhhh ok that sounds plausible. P.S. I really thought you meant killed literally at first when I read that I was like oh man....thanks for clarifyin.
I threw that in there just for you
Raiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2009, 02:54 PM   #12
MetallicRanger
Power Ranger

JDF rips on everyone though...in a way, it's somewhat two-faced.

On the one hand, he would say how he prefered Steve over Austin for Forever Red. On the other hand, he would rip on Steve about how he's supposedly lazy, doesn't take the role of Red Ranger seriously and constantly napping on set.
MetallicRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2009, 02:59 PM   #13
Tiger Power
Future Zeo Ranger 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRdude View Post
So that would explain why David Yost looked rather annoyed by Jason David Frank playing around in this one video when they're on the set of the classroom.

It makes sense though. I've known people that although I was cool with them, I could get annoyed by some of their quirks. Just not enough to hate them though.
I always thought Yost was pissed that Tommy had become the star of the show and everything revolved around him.
Tiger Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #14
Lokre
Loopy Adorno

It kind of seemed that none of the original cast cared much for JDF.

And I believe JDF really doesnt like ASJ.
Lokre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2009, 05:16 PM   #15
Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

Here we are again.

I guess it's technically the off-season now, so...
Multiple Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2009, 05:20 PM   #16
ThatGuy83
Banned

Whenever a fandom is bereft of information, They start making shit up. It's annoying.
ThatGuy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2009, 05:23 PM   #17
Mack
JASON!

Yet it is kinda on topic considering MMPR is returning so that's a plus.
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2009, 05:28 PM   #18
Bighead_
...dary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Mack View Post
Yet it is kinda on topic considering MMPR is returning so that's a plus.
How are the personal lives of the actors even remotely on-topic?
Bighead_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2009, 05:34 PM   #19
MMPRpinkninja
Adorkable.

I think both Jason and Austin were alpha males and those types tend to butt heads VERY easily. From what has been said I don't think Austin liked that he was no longer the BMOC when Jason showed up and he was very vocal about it.

David and Jason worked together alot of hours for over three years, that would breed annoyance at times. Also Jason was 19 at the time and David was quite a bit older. They probably have very little issues with each other now and probably had less then we have heard back then.
MMPRpinkninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2009, 05:42 PM   #20
BattleRanger
Truth is never a cliche'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristanism View Post
Here we are again.

I guess it's technically the off-season now, so...
Unfortunately, unless you count all the MMPR rerun discussions, this is the perpetual off season, an off-infinity!
BattleRanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
omg!asjh8torz