RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Discussion Forums > General Discussion

Old September 2nd, 2009, 08:43 AM   #1
Soulspice
Raul from Spain

MMPR Audition - Runners up

Watching Tony Oliver's documentary at Power Morphicon (thanks to JDMofGameFAQs) I've seen the Runners up of the audition for MMPR.
What do we know about these guys?
Any names?

I think we saw sometime later the blue and black guys as the Evil Rangers in MMPR, but I could be wrong.

The only Evil Ranger I saw credited anywhere is the yellow one, Jhoanna Trias, who was the main girl in the VR Troopers' pilot along with Jason David Frank (then called Cybertron).

So, any info I've missed?

PICS FROM THE AUDITION

PICS FROM THE EVIL RANGERS

VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc6PHK0pZ5s
Soulspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 08:49 AM   #2
Dyl
Install Megaranger!
eBay

I guess it's because I'm used to the original cast, but I love the originals way better. These guys are good too but I can't imagine them as the MMPR. Maybe as a team before mmpr, like the Jetman or Fiveman but I do not see them as our MMPR rangers.

Oh and thank you for sharing this with us .
Dyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 08:51 AM   #3
Knight Rider
Banned

Omfg thanks.
Knight Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 09:07 AM   #4
Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.

Nah, those Blue Rangers are completely different. They only look similar because they're all supposed to look like Billy.

The Black Rangers, on the other hand, are a lot harder to determine, because the detail on the audition tape is lost. It look as if they have different shaped eyes, but it could just be the angle. I'm going to say... no, different people.
Sadsmileyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 10:08 AM   #5
sammyskf33
its an Olympic year

I have to vote no to them as well. Probably, as has been said, out of being used to the rangers we had.
sammyskf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 10:28 AM   #6
Soulspice
Raul from Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopsWarner View Post
Nah, those Blue Rangers are completely different. They only look similar because they're all supposed to look like Billy.

The Black Rangers, on the other hand, are a lot harder to determine, because the detail on the audition tape is lost. It look as if they have different shaped eyes, but it could just be the angle. I'm going to say... no, different people.
Really?
I think the other way around.
Evil Blue looks a lot more like Audition Blue. The nose, smile, even the hair's natural shape is the same but longer.
Evil Black and Audition Black kinda look alike, but you can see it when in movement more than in pics.

But again, I could be wrong. I suppose somebody with connections knows the truth.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 10:58 AM   #7
ElusiveWookiee
Powered Up For More

That's what I was thinking, too. Evil Blue and Audition Blue look like the same person to me. Black could go either way...I think Evil Black's mouth (bite and jaw) look different from Audition Black.
ElusiveWookiee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 05:43 PM   #8
UltimatePRFan
Power Ranger

They definitely picked the best, those guys all look too old, probably would've worked better for VR Troopers. The first guy, though, was he trying out for Jason? Can't see it with the long hair, but maybe an evil Ranger, yeah!
UltimatePRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 06:18 PM   #9
ChungieBoy
Go Galactic!

I'm glad we got who we got. The original cast is incomparable.

Regarding the guy with the long hair, maybe they were planning to make 'Jason' a surfer. And the blue guy looks more like Billy's cousin.
ChungieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 06:26 PM   #10
OmegaRedMkII
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juri View Post
I guess it's because I'm used to the original cast, but I love the originals way better. These guys are good too but I can't imagine them as the MMPR. Maybe as a team before mmpr, like the Jetman or Fiveman but I do not see them as our MMPR rangers.

Oh and thank you for sharing this with us .
I can't Imagine them as Rangers evil, If they had better Evil suits, I think they would have made compelling villians/Replacement Rangers. Which calls to question, why weren't they used as the Three Replacement Rangers for Jason, Trini and Zack?
OmegaRedMkII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 06:51 PM   #11
Dyl
Install Megaranger!
eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaRedMkII View Post
I can't Imagine them as Rangers evil, If they had better Evil suits, I think they would have made compelling villians/Replacement Rangers. Which calls to question, why weren't they used as the Three Replacement Rangers for Jason, Trini and Zack?
Maybe by that time they found bigger and better things.

You never know there is also the possibility that some of these guys were friends with the chosen cast. And they came to know of the treatment Thuy, Austin and the guy who played Zach received?
Dyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 07:02 PM   #12
moonokake
Power Ranger

Is there a video with the "evil rangers" ? I'm confused... but, that said, the one actor that kind of stood out for me here was the one for Billy. At least he wasnt 8,000 years old. The Kimberly was good too, but I have mad luv for Amy Jo ...

This was interesting.
moonokake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 07:38 PM   #13
UltimatePRFan
Power Ranger

Yeah, the blond guy would've been all right as Billy, at least his hairline wasn't fading fast like DY. The blond girl is definitely not right for Kim; I would've preferred Sarah Brown from VRT, since she was about 18 then and a former gymnast like AJJ. Also, the other girl looks too Caucasian to be Trini. That first guy, though, is the worst, he'd have been like rocker Jason, no way!
Old September 2nd, 2009, 07:47 PM   #14
Knight Rider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonokake View Post
Is there a video with the "evil rangers" This was interesting.
No. We would've seen it by now.
Knight Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 05:02 AM   #15
Primo Haim Saban
Sailor Mooned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChungieBoy View Post
Regarding the guy with the long hair, maybe they were planning to make 'Jason' a surfer.
Judging by the way he spoke during that read-through, Jason was supposed to have a Keanu-Reeves-from-Bill & Ted vibe going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatePRFan View Post
Also, the other girl looks too Caucasian to be Trini.
Because Trini was obviously going to be Caucasian at that point...
Primo Haim Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 05:17 PM   #16
UltimatePRFan
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo View Post
Judging by the way he spoke during that read-through, Jason was supposed to have a Keanu-Reeves-from-Bill & Ted vibe going on.

God no, we got enough of that since Disney took over. Dude!
Because Trini was obviously going to be Caucasian at that point...
I doubt it, since they cast Audrey Dubois even before Thuy Trang, the whole diverse cast thing was a big deal back then on PR Maybe she and the blond were both up for Kim, and they just had her read the other part for comparison..
Old September 3rd, 2009, 05:46 PM   #17
Soulspice
Raul from Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatePRFan View Post
I doubt it, since they cast Audrey Dubois even before Thuy Trang, the whole diverse cast thing was a big deal back then on PR Maybe she and the blond were both up for Kim, and they just had her read the other part for comparison..

No, that girl was auditioning for Trini. Each one of them was auditioning for one of the original MMPR, just as the other audition of Austin, Walter, Amy, David and Audri Dubois.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 06:28 PM   #18
UltimatePRFan
Power Ranger

It's weird though that all the really Caucasian-looking actors would end up on one team, and the Rangers we got on the other. Seems like they would have mixed them up a little more, like put Audrey or Austin with that group and a couple of the blonds with AJJ, WJ, and DY.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 07:19 PM   #19
ninjapowers
To Infinity And Beyond.

Daniel Southworth (The guy who played Eric Meyers) was the runnerup to Johnny Yong Bosch during the auditions for the new black ranger.
ninjapowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 09:17 PM   #20
Izzy

I'm guessing the line around them is supposed to indicate what ranger they would ahve been, so I must ask: Why the hell Audition Yellow wearing a Pink hairband!?
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote