RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Advertisements

Old November 12th, 2016, 10:13 AM   #181
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.
32 eBay

Ranger Command Power Hour Episode 080 - Ranger Nation Interview - Jason Bischoff

Itís time to Ranger Up with @trekkieb47 @secretrangerfan & @ZachLaVoy as they talk all things Power Rangers on the Four Eyed Radio Network with RANGER COMMAND POWER HOUR!

http://rangercommand.com/ranger-comm...r-episode-080/
http://foureyedradio.com/rcph080/

In this episode Eric interviews Jason Bischoff (@prometheanworks), Director of Global Consumer Products for Power Rangers and Saban Brands. Lately, you may have seen him at Power Morphicon hosting the Saban Brands Toys and Collectibles Power Hour panel or at New York Comic Con.

Jason answers our questions and your fan submitted questions. We talk about working at Saban Brands, how licensing works for Power Rangers, the importance of fan feedback, rangernaton.com, upcoming products, the Legacy line and more!

Let's Rocket!!

trekkieb47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2016, 09:54 AM   #182
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.
32 eBay

Ranger Command Power Hour Episode 081 - Rangers Commentary - I Love Lothor

Itís time to Ranger Up with @trekkieb47 @secretrangerfan & @ZachLaVoy as they talk all things Power Rangers on the Four Eyed Radio Network with RANGER COMMAND POWER HOUR!

http://rangercommand.com/ranger-comm...r-episode-081/
http://foureyedradio.com/rcph081/

After a tough week for most of us, we are back with a new Rangers Commentary episode! We get brainwashed on the telly with Power Rangers Ninja Storm episode 20, "I Love Lothor".

We also talk about our plan for the rest of the podcast in November and December.

This is a commentary episode, meant to serve as an episode commentary like what you would find on a DVD or a Riff track. For maximum enjoyment please watch along with us. We are watching Power Rangers Ninja Storm, episode 20, "I Love Lothor" on Netflix. At the time of recording, this episode was available on Netflix and DVD.

Ninja Storm, Ranger Form! Ha!
Old November 26th, 2016, 09:58 AM   #183
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.
32 eBay

Ranger Command Power Hour Extra Episode 022 - "Rangers Talk"

http://rangercommand.com/ranger-comm...a-episode-022/
http://foureyedradio.com/rcphex022/

In November's extra episode, brought to you by our supporters on Patreon, all three hosts gather to talk about the latest Power Rangers news, shoot the breeze and rant a bit about the fandom's reaction to the finale of Dino Super Charge.

Then, we answer your listener questions and discuss Thanksgiving traditions, our favorite Pokemon, crowd funding, the Power Rangers Movie, toku shows, our favorite movies of the year, and MORE.

Grab some leftovers, it's Morphin' Time!

Old December 10th, 2016, 11:16 AM   #184
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.
32 eBay

Ranger Command Power Hour Episode 082 - Rangers Reactions and Review - KyuRanger and PRDSC #14-16

To finish off 2016, we are wrapping up our episode reviews of Power Rangers Dino Super Charge. But first, Matt Hunt (@TheRealMattHunt) joins us to talk about the newest sentai reveals of Uchuu Sentai Kyuranger. Ranger Nation knows Matt as dukemon22 from Rangerboard, where he reports on new sentai rumors every year. We discuss the suits, the concept, the toys and potential as a future Power Rangers season.

http://rangercommand.com/ranger-comm...r-episode-082/
http://foureyedradio.com/rcph082/

Matt also joins Eric and Zach to talk about the latest news including the first look of Alpha 5, new movie figure reveals from rangernation.com. movie music and new DVD releases. Finally, we breeze through Dino Super Charge episodes 14-16 and give them the time they really deserve (which isn't much...)

See you Space Cowboy...

Old December 18th, 2016, 06:33 PM   #185
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.
32 eBay

Ranger Command Power Hour Episode 083 - Ranger Review PRDSC 17-20 with ThetG17

http://rangercommand.com/ranger-comm...r-episode-083/
http://foureyedradio.com/rcph083/

To finish off 2016, we are wrapping up our episode reviews of Power Rangers Dino Super Charge. Eric's wife Theresa (@ThetG17) joins him to discuss the last 4 episodes of the series: Worgworld, The Rangers Rock, Edge of Extinction and End of Extinction. Theresa also discusses growing up with sentai and Power Rangers in the Philippines, her thoughts for the series overall and what's next in her Power Rangers journey.

We also discuss the latest news including SPD complete series coming to DVD, new Power Rangers movie Zord poster, the first Ninja Steel Trailer and Funko's new line of Power Rangers Merchandise!

It's about to get wild!

Last edited by trekkieb47; December 18th, 2016 at 06:55 PM.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 09:50 AM   #186
NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

I liked hearing the opinions from Theresa as she isn't a "hardcore fan" as others would describe her. It was refreshing and a different take on what she thought through "fresh eyes."

I have a lot of the same feelings about the Dino Super Charge finale. I can't say enough how they had set things up well and then something happened behind the scenes that made Dino Super Charge fall apart and be mediocre compared to Dino Charge. The most obvious being what happened with Heckyl.

I can't wait to see what RCPH has in store for 2017.
NightMere10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2016, 05:12 PM   #187
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.
32 eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightMere10 View Post
I can't wait to see what RCPH has in store for 2017.

Thanks for listening Mere!
Old December 24th, 2016, 11:50 AM   #188
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.
32 eBay

Ranger Command Power Hour - Extra Episode 023 - Ranger Command's Holiday Message

http://rangercommand.com/ranger-comm...a-episode-023/
http://foureyedradio.com/rcphex023/

In December's extra episode, brought to you by our supporters on Patreon, all three hosts gather to wish everyone in the fandom a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

We briefly discuss the news like the Power Rangers VR Experience, the first two episode descriptions for Power Rangers Ninja Steel, Goldar's Movie reveal and MMPRToys Bandai news. Then we thank everyone in Ranger Nation, Eric has another mini rant and our listeners wish you holiday cheer.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Old December 24th, 2016, 12:17 PM   #189
NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

In regards to the reveals of the movie through the toys: I really think doing it that way is a bad idea. That and concept art. Although, I feel like in regards to Alpha concept art, people are really stuck on the word "concept." I've seen plenty of people think that it's not the real design (before the toy was revealed), despite movies in productions using concept art all the time. Concept =/= in progress.

Back to my original thought: revealing designs through toys is a bad idea. First impressions are everything and a lot of gut reactions (whether it's nostalgia driven or not) is that they look bad and it makes people question the movie.

At this point, I have to wonder if by now they're just doing it all on purpose to have it shown in footage so they can see "See? It's not that bad!". I also don't feel like anything we see in the movie translates well to toys. The initial images look like giant blobs of paint, or in some cases lack of paint, that doesn't give anything the movie could show, justice.

Of course, everything that comes out goes viral pretty quickly, but I do think the marketing for this movie for the most part really sucks and it's hurting the movie. I've heard rumblings that the trailer was really delayed for one reason or another (and it's moments like these I like hearing behind the scenes stories and would like to know what's going on), but whatever reason for it being delayed isn't helping attract the general audience that much. Of course, nowadays people are impatient about things, so that's not really solely movie related.

I will say though, that despite complaints about how the marketing is being done, good or bad, it does have people talking about the movie. And talking about the movie is really the only way the general audience will know about it.

On a brighter note: Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year to all at Ranger Command Power Hour. Congrats on 3/4 years (I'm in that same counting boat as you, haha) of a podcast and I look forward to seeing it grow even further in 2017.
Old December 26th, 2016, 08:39 AM   #190
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.
32 eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightMere10 View Post
On a brighter note: Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year to all at Ranger Command Power Hour. Congrats on 3/4 years (I'm in that same counting boat as you, haha) of a podcast and I look forward to seeing it grow even further in 2017.
Thank you Mere for all of your support and also being on the show.
Old December 29th, 2016, 12:18 PM   #191
NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

Of course! I've enjoyed seeing how the podcast has grown over the years.
Old January 7th, 2017, 12:25 PM   #192
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.
32 eBay

Ranger Command Power Hour Episode 084 - Rangers Review PRDSC Holiday Specials

It's the new year and we are wrapping up our episode reviews of Power Rangers Dino Super Charge. All three hosts review the holiday specials "Trick or Trial" and "Here Comes Heximas".

http://rangercommand.com/ranger-comm...r-episode-084/
http://foureyedradio.com/rcph084/

We also discuss the latest news including Power Rangers movie putties, Pop Vinyls, Uchu Sentai Kyuranger character details, MMPR Mega Battle game and more!

In our Questions from Ranger Nation segment, we speculate what would happen if real life heroes were given morphers. And finally we give our final thoughts on Dino Charge as a whole and our hopes for the franchise with Ninja Steel's premiere and Lionsgate's movie release.
Old January 9th, 2017, 02:16 PM   #193
NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

Here Comes Heximas: I'll start with the positives on this one: I liked that the Christmas special was set after the finale. It allowed a little bit of an exploration of the characters in a "life after being Rangers" kind of way. I loved seeing the little moments where they were reunited with each other. You can clearly see the camaraderie in the actors of the show. Also, seeing Chase and Riley as evil elves spit and make faces at the other Rangers was pretty funny.

However, the story itself (whether it was for a clip show or not) just made things a bit confusing in terms of Heximas being on Earth and not being detected and the time travel in the finale. At least Sledge and his crew had a (throwaway) line about it in an episode that explained how they weren't detected. Not to mention the whole time travel thing that more than likely wouldn't even have the Rangers still be able to be Power Rangers in the first place.

Trick or Trial: The title and summary made this episode sound like it'd be a lot better than it actually was. If they got rid of the clip show aspect of the episode and they could really work in a plot all it's own, I think it could have been better. Not to mention the Halloween and Christmas specials always seem to be too close too each other in airing terms so I feel like we're seeing the same clips repeated anyway. I liked that they included James and Phillip, but they didn't add much to the story overall, not to mention the missed opportunity with the morphs. This clip show fell flat and out of the four clip shows we got over DC and DSC, this is at the bottom for me.

Dino Charge: As a whole, and I think I said this in this thread before, Dino Charge started off well. It was refreshing to not have the full team come together in the first episode, and it really made you want to keep watching to see how the team came together. It did have some odd storytelling aspects to it overall (and I still don't think we've got a real full explanation as to what the energems can do), but the friendships between the cast and the new take on the dinosaur story was great. The different characters as Rangers (a caveman, a knight, a prince, etc) was interesting to see how they interacted with each other and moving into the second season you felt like it could only get better.

Only it didn't.

There were too many filler episodes, too many episodes where the villain story line was the A plot and had more going for it than the Ranger B plot, and the combination of the two slowed down the overall story too much. By the time the last couple episodes were shown, it felt like the writers were like "Oh yeah! We need to end this! We need to wrap up this story in this short amount of time."

Of course, there's also the whole behind the scenes mystery of the Talon Ranger and Heckyl that will be fans' main takeaway, but overall the second season just fell apart despite all the potential that was built up to it. For me especially, and I say this a lot in discussions about the season, they had set Heckyl up perfectly to be a great villain when he gained access to the base, and he not only conveniently ends up erasing his memories about it, but the Rangers only seemed bothered by his betrayal for 2 seconds and then it was never brought up again.

The season finale came way too far out of left field in terms of the energems allowing time travel and it made me feel like spending the past two years with these characters and seeing them go through their fight against Sledge and Co. was all for naught.

Ninja Steel sounds different and, from what we've seen, could potentially do some things fans will enjoy, but overall, it I feel that it needs to step up in quality in terms of writing in some areas and at times voice acting/ADR. We've had ok anniversary celebrations for the show, but I'm not all that excited as to what Ninja Steel could do for the 25th, even if they do have past Rangers appearing. On the one hand, who doesn't like seeing previous cast members appear, but at the same time, I feel like it's a little too close to when it occurred in Super Megaforce and it needs a bit more time. Or maybe I'm still let down by what could have happened with Legendary Battle in comparison to what we got.

Now we can look forward to celebrating RCPH's anniversary!
Old January 15th, 2017, 03:19 PM   #194
trekkieb47
The one and only Berry.
32 eBay

http://rangercommand.com/site-news-ranger-command-dx/

As we approach our 3rd anniversary on January 25th, itís time to go DeluXe with Ranger Command DX!

What is Ranger Command DX? Right now, itís our new twitter account. Frustrated not being able to see our replies, retweets and likes? So are we! We even called Twitter to fix our issues, but to no avail. While we will still maintain our original twitter account, we are not going to wait around for Twitter to get their act together.

In less than 3 years weíve gained an incredible following of listeners, friends and relationships that we want to continue to build. Thank YOU for listening, participating in our Ranger Nation Answers questions and supporting us! Letís Ranger Up in 2017!

Tags
podcast, ranger command power hour