RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Merchandise

Old January 11th, 2017, 04:41 PM   #581
Kalel
The Last Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntastik30 View Post
-snip-
You are definitely the man of the modes! I dig that you have the basic Legacy, but also very similar Artisan sounds mode. Also, the original toy sound is a cool addition. Could you add actual sound files, like the actual sound from the Artisan Buckler, or are you only able to make the tune?

I think the Legacy did better in the sounds area, but there wasn't really any expectation back then. The Legacy having the Communicator beeps when turning on is a nice little addition. The theme is more or less the actual morphing sound from the show and there was a similar "clash" sound at the end of the sequence, so I think those needed to be there. The Artisan didn't have the medal insert sound for activation, which really bummed me out. It should have been 4 beeps, but was something like 3 "crashes". I did feel like the henshin sounds were redundant. They could have just made pressing the button the longer version and have holding it transition into the theme like in the original henshin sequence. If Dragon Buckler made those changes they would definitely be welcomed by me.

The Zyusouken however sounds like it will be as good as it gets. Based on the reported length of each sound it seems as though they're ripping them right from the soundtrack, so if they follow through on that I think it will be perfect. If they some how retain the slashing/clashing sounds as well that would be a bonus, but I wouldn't even care if those were lost if we get the actual accurate tunes.
Kalel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2017, 05:39 PM   #582
Stuntastik30
VIP Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickshaw2814 View Post
~snip~.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalel View Post
~snip~.

My mistake on the coin insert sound I kinda forgot it was clashes rather than beeps. Lol

I'm kinda glad it doesn't have voices saying "Dyno Buckler!" Cause I feel I would be more immersed in the role playing if I'm the one that says it and the buckler just played the sound effects. I wouldn't have wanted the Legacy Morpher to say "It's Morphin Time" either.

But I get what you're saying, there's always room for improvement

Thanks kalel, unfortunately I can only do tunes. Haven't really tried doing real sounds just yet, maybe when I get more free time but I've been getting less and less of that lately.
Stuntastik30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2017, 07:23 PM   #583
Kalel
The Last Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntastik30 View Post
Thanks kalel, unfortunately I can only do tunes. Haven't really tried doing real sounds just yet, maybe when I get more free time but I've been getting less and less of that lately.
Still pretty cool! When you can put in sound files let me know, been wanting to try customizing one of my morphers for a while now
Kalel is offline   Reply With Quote