RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions

Old December 22nd, 2016, 11:47 PM   #41
Kyle16
Figuring it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
can't think of much can do with PR VR. Perhaps pilot a megazord?
VR can be anything. I'll settle for set tours. Put me inside the command center. If they're feeling more ambitious they can film a quick short where we as a viewer are saved by the rangers during a fight sequence, with the rangers doing a bunch of hand to hand combat.

Or they could go the cheap route and just do a panel discussion or something. Disney did this with finding dory. Didn't really add much other than check that vr checkbox.
Kyle16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 02:47 AM   #42
GearRanger
Zord Mechanic

So now the girls have the Power sword too. I think it's just their side arms. I think the energy punch things actually shoot blasts DBZ style, and then form swords. Like a version of the blade blasters. I could be way off, but that's my theory.
GearRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 03:02 AM   #43
Miraculous Bikkun
おす!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBBOBMO View Post
That would be cool for the movie too, if we got civilians trying to fight the putties
Wasn't there filming sightings of Dacre fighting green screen suit guys who are almost definitely putties?
Miraculous Bikkun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 03:04 AM   #44
FalconRanger11
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearRanger View Post
So now the girls have the Power sword too. I think it's just their side arms. I think the energy punch things actually shoot blasts DBZ style, and then form swords. Like a version of the blade blasters. I could be way off, but that's my theory.
I was hoping for that too. Was it really confirmed that it's only Jason using a weapon in the movie?
FalconRanger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 03:58 AM   #45
Primo Ron White
The Knockout Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium321 View Post
That'd be awesome. Or a tour of the command center, a zord, even Rita's palace.
I'd love to see the Command Center from Alpha's point of view, a nod to meeting Billy in the first episode.
Primo Ron White is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 06:48 AM   #46
⚡Dukemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearRanger View Post
I think it's just recolors. Though I appreciate them making the sword in all ranger colors.
Dukemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 07:17 AM   #47
FalconRanger11
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraculous Bikkun View Post
Wasn't there filming sightings of Dacre fighting green screen suit guys who are almost definitely putties?
Set photos of his stunt double in action.
FalconRanger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 07:29 AM   #48
Pga20023
Power Ranger

there was something new in the Japanese trailer,

did anyone notice a scream, it sounded like someone's body was being torn apart
Pga20023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 08:27 AM   #49
NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

Quote:
can't think of much can do with PR VR. Perhaps pilot a megazord?
I posted this back in the previous thread, they're letting you pilot the zords of the movie with the VR experience.
NightMere10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 09:57 AM   #50
createtime
Power Ranger

3 months till the movie is out, but only 2 days till christmas.
createtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 11:05 AM   #51
RitoRevolto
Velveeta Goldar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmssw View Post
I went back and looked at the very first thread. You were one of the first people to post and said nothing more than "this is going to suck". We knew literally nothing about the movie. You have said nothing more of note since. So please reiterate how you are doing anything more than simply trolling. Repeating the same opinion you originally formed based on no information doesn't give much credibility to your posts.
I have said things about the movie that haven't been entirely negative. I am honestly looking at what we've seen and giving my opinion. I don't think the movie is going to be any good. I don't think there's any reason to expect it to be any good. I'm going to see it, of course, like the rest of us are, but the same way I saw Legendary Battle, so I can criticize it credibly when it turns out to be garbage.

As it stands, I don't believe there was any effort put into making the look and feel of the movie faithful to the show.

I really want Lionsgate to prove me wrong.
RitoRevolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 11:10 AM   #52
DekuRed
give... me... muffins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pga20023 View Post
there was something new in the Japanese trailer,

did anyone notice a scream, it sounded like someone's body was being torn apart
Was it the Wilhelm scream?
DekuRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 11:15 AM   #53
⚡Dukemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitoRevolto View Post
I have said things about the movie that haven't been entirely negative. I am honestly looking at what we've seen and giving my opinion. I don't think the movie is going to be any good. I don't think there's any reason to expect it to be any good. I'm going to see it, of course, like the rest of us are, but the same way I saw Legendary Battle, so I can criticize it credibly when it turns out to be garbage.

As it stands, I don't believe there was any effort put into making the look and feel of the movie faithful to the show.

So wouldn't the better thing be to just actually argue your points and not pop in to throw out a negative comment every time something new shows up?

Like what you've posted here is actually worthy of discussion.

I think you're missing the big picture though. You're correct. Lionsgate didn't put any effort into making it like the show. Probably because they didn't want to.

We already have the show. The general audience doesn't like the show. Movie companies don't make franchise films to satisfy the fanboys. They do it to make money.

But as long as that's in your head, and you're making informed criticisms of the film, I have no problem with what you do.

Just throwing in a "This movie is gonna suck" every 5 pages doesn't do anything for the discussion though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyRed View Post
Was it the Wilhelm scream?
Billy screams when the explosion throws him back, and then random girls are screaming in the cafeteria scene.

I don't know if that's what he's talking about.
Dukemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 11:29 AM   #54
rmssw
Super Mega Ultrazord

Quote:

Again, though, I have a hard time taking you seriously when you formed your opinion based on nothing. You decided the movie was going to suck knowing literally nothing about it. You've spent the last two and a half years simply looking for reasons to justify that opinion. I can't imagine that you would have changed your mind no matter what we had ended up seeing. You were never going to like it. You didn't want to like it. As has been said many, many times, the biggest mistake anyone could have made was thinking Lionsgate WOULD have made it faithful to the show. It was never going to be faithful. It's not their fault people expected something that was impossible.
rmssw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 11:48 AM   #55
Allio
Power Ranger

well, international trailer didn't do much.
Allio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 11:51 AM   #56
RitoRevolto
Velveeta Goldar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmssw View Post
Again, though, I have a hard time taking you seriously when you formed your opinion based on nothing. You decided the movie was going to suck knowing literally nothing about it. You've spent the last two and a half years simply looking for reasons to justify that opinion. I can't imagine that you would have changed your mind no matter what we had ended up seeing. You were never going to like it. You didn't want to like it. As has been said many, many times, the biggest mistake anyone could have made was thinking Lionsgate WOULD have made it faithful to the show. It was never going to be faithful. It's not their fault people expected something that was impossible.
If it's not going to be faithful to the show, why should we be excited about it?
Old December 23rd, 2016, 11:53 AM   #57
Kaigan
#2,128

Quote:

What rmssw said, you were never going to like it. Your mind was made up from the beginning, and with the attitude of "this movie is definitely going to suck" there was never a chance that you were going to enjoy this movie. That's why I'm constantly confused by why you even keep coming in here, because at this point nothing is going to change your mind. That would be like me constantly going into the Transformers thread hoping something would convince me to have hope the newest film is going to be good. I just don't get it, because most of the time in other threads you seem logical and open-minded about things. But not here? Sometimes it feels like you just like being the one with the outspokenly negative opinion.

Quote:
If it's not going to be faithful to the show, why should we be excited about it?
Because we're adults and we should be open to change?

Just... don't see it. Seriously, why even bother?

Quote:
well, international trailer didn't do much.
International trailers are rarely ever that different.

The new Spider-Man trailer had like, three different scenes.
Kaigan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 12:01 PM   #58
hasso_opitz
Blow It

Reminds me of the Ghostbusters 2016 discussion. Same people doomsaying every little thing from the costumes, the CGI, the soundtrack, toys. Hell, one admitted to not even being a fan of Ghostbusters yet we were treated to the same criticisms everyday. Imagine if Rito wasn't a fan of Power Rangers at all haha!
hasso_opitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 12:11 PM   #59
cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasso_opitz View Post
Reminds me of the Ghostbusters 2016 discussion. Same people doomsaying every little thing from the costumes, the CGI, the soundtrack, toys. Hell, one admitted to not even being a fan of Ghostbusters yet we were treated to the same criticisms everyday. Imagine if Rito wasn't a fan of Power Rangers at all haha!
Is ghostbusters 2016 really a great example to use here...?
cleanuphtr15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 12:12 PM   #60
RitoRevolto
Velveeta Goldar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasso_opitz View Post
I didn't get the Ghostbusters criticism at all, and much of those jabs were rooted in sexism (or worse). It was clear that the people who made the original were in on it, it wasn't going to disrespect the original and that movie turned out being real good.

The warning signs, as I've explained over and over, are there with this movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaigan
Because we're adults and we should be open to change?

Just... don't see it. Seriously, why even bother?
I believe a Power Rangers movie should be a Power Rangers movie, not a Chronicle movie, not a Twilight movie, not an F4ntastic movie.

I want to see it so I can maybe have my mind changed or, more likely, commiserate with all of you after I expect nothing and am still disappointed.

Tags
fondue goldar, urine soaked goldar