RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions

Old December 23rd, 2016, 09:15 AM   #41
⚡Dukemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitoRevolto View Post
I have said things about the movie that haven't been entirely negative. I am honestly looking at what we've seen and giving my opinion. I don't think the movie is going to be any good. I don't think there's any reason to expect it to be any good. I'm going to see it, of course, like the rest of us are, but the same way I saw Legendary Battle, so I can criticize it credibly when it turns out to be garbage.

As it stands, I don't believe there was any effort put into making the look and feel of the movie faithful to the show.

I really want Lionsgate to prove me wrong.
So wouldn't the better thing be to just actually argue your points and not pop in to throw out a negative comment every time something new shows up?

Like what you've posted here is actually worthy of discussion.

I think you're missing the big picture though. You're correct. Lionsgate didn't put any effort into making it like the show. Probably because they didn't want to.

We already have the show. The general audience doesn't like the show. Movie companies don't make franchise films to satisfy the fanboys. They do it to make money.

But as long as that's in your head, and you're making informed criticisms of the film, I have no problem with what you do.

Just throwing in a "This movie is gonna suck" every 5 pages doesn't do anything for the discussion though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyRed View Post
Was it the Wilhelm scream?
Billy screams when the explosion throws him back, and then random girls are screaming in the cafeteria scene.

I don't know if that's what he's talking about.
Dukemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 09:29 AM   #42
RiffRanger
Super Mega Ultrazord

Quote:
I have said things about the movie that haven't been entirely negative. I am honestly looking at what we've seen and giving my opinion. I don't think the movie is going to be any good. I don't think there's any reason to expect it to be any good. I'm going to see it, of course, like the rest of us are, but the same way I saw Legendary Battle, so I can criticize it credibly when it turns out to be garbage.

As it stands, I don't believe there was any effort put into making the look and feel of the movie faithful to the show.

Again, though, I have a hard time taking you seriously when you formed your opinion based on nothing. You decided the movie was going to suck knowing literally nothing about it. You've spent the last two and a half years simply looking for reasons to justify that opinion. I can't imagine that you would have changed your mind no matter what we had ended up seeing. You were never going to like it. You didn't want to like it. As has been said many, many times, the biggest mistake anyone could have made was thinking Lionsgate WOULD have made it faithful to the show. It was never going to be faithful. It's not their fault people expected something that was impossible.
RiffRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 09:48 AM   #43
Allio
Power Ranger

well, international trailer didn't do much.
Allio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 09:51 AM   #44
RitoRevolto
Looking up crow recipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmssw View Post
Again, though, I have a hard time taking you seriously when you formed your opinion based on nothing. You decided the movie was going to suck knowing literally nothing about it. You've spent the last two and a half years simply looking for reasons to justify that opinion. I can't imagine that you would have changed your mind no matter what we had ended up seeing. You were never going to like it. You didn't want to like it. As has been said many, many times, the biggest mistake anyone could have made was thinking Lionsgate WOULD have made it faithful to the show. It was never going to be faithful. It's not their fault people expected something that was impossible.
If it's not going to be faithful to the show, why should we be excited about it?
RitoRevolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 09:53 AM   #45
Kaigan
#2,128

Quote:

What rmssw said, you were never going to like it. Your mind was made up from the beginning, and with the attitude of "this movie is definitely going to suck" there was never a chance that you were going to enjoy this movie. That's why I'm constantly confused by why you even keep coming in here, because at this point nothing is going to change your mind. That would be like me constantly going into the Transformers thread hoping something would convince me to have hope the newest film is going to be good. I just don't get it, because most of the time in other threads you seem logical and open-minded about things. But not here? Sometimes it feels like you just like being the one with the outspokenly negative opinion.

Quote:
If it's not going to be faithful to the show, why should we be excited about it?
Because we're adults and we should be open to change?

Just... don't see it. Seriously, why even bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
International trailers are rarely ever that different.

The new Spider-Man trailer had like, three different scenes.
Kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 10:01 AM   #46
hasso_opitz
Xiao the Uchu Dragon

Reminds me of the Ghostbusters 2016 discussion. Same people doomsaying every little thing from the costumes, the CGI, the soundtrack, toys. Hell, one admitted to not even being a fan of Ghostbusters yet we were treated to the same criticisms everyday. Imagine if Rito wasn't a fan of Power Rangers at all haha!
hasso_opitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 10:11 AM   #47
cleanuphtr15
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasso_opitz View Post
Reminds me of the Ghostbusters 2016 discussion. Same people doomsaying every little thing from the costumes, the CGI, the soundtrack, toys. Hell, one admitted to not even being a fan of Ghostbusters yet we were treated to the same criticisms everyday. Imagine if Rito wasn't a fan of Power Rangers at all haha!
Is ghostbusters 2016 really a great example to use here...?
cleanuphtr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 10:12 AM   #48
RitoRevolto
Looking up crow recipes

Quote:
I didn't get the Ghostbusters criticism at all, and much of those jabs were rooted in sexism (or worse). It was clear that the people who made the original were in on it, it wasn't going to disrespect the original and that movie turned out being real good.

The warning signs, as I've explained over and over, are there with this movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaigan
Because we're adults and we should be open to change?

Just... don't see it. Seriously, why even bother?
I believe a Power Rangers movie should be a Power Rangers movie, not a Chronicle movie, not a Twilight movie, not an F4ntastic movie.

I want to see it so I can maybe have my mind changed or, more likely, commiserate with all of you after I expect nothing and am still disappointed.
RitoRevolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 10:12 AM   #49
Allio
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaigan View Post
International trailers are rarely ever that different.

The new Spider-Man trailer had like, three different scenes.
true, guess I got too excited.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 10:13 AM   #50
Kaigan
#2,128

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanuphtr15 View Post
Is ghostbusters 2016 really a great example to use here...?
Sure, why not? There were still plenty of people who started shitting on it as soon as it was announced to be all women, way before we ever actually saw anything from the movie for ourselves. Then those people just never changed their minds, no matter how much was being put in front of them. Doomsaying for the sake of doomsaying.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 10:13 AM   #51
Allio
Power Ranger

Quote:
considering how GB2016 ended up, perhaps not the best example to lead by. As that film had also ALOT of behind the scenes issues going on at the time, which affected alot of people's opinion.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 10:14 AM   #52
Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Quote:
Why did you mention it and not link to it? It does actually have some new footage.

http://www.cbr.com/power-rangers-int...ler-powers-up/
Digifiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 10:16 AM   #53
Allio
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
Why did you mention it and not link to it? It does actually have some new footage.

not enough footage to warrant it I believe.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 10:17 AM   #54
Kaigan
#2,128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

No matter how many times I watch it, I can't find the "blink and you'll miss it" new footage. I'm not even blinking.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 10:20 AM   #55
hasso_opitz
Xiao the Uchu Dragon

Quote:
Sure, why not? There were still plenty of people who started shitting on it as soon as it was announced to be all women, way before we ever actually saw anything from the movie for ourselves. Then those people just never changed their minds, no matter how much was being put in front of them. Doomsaying for the sake of doomsaying.
Agreed! It's basically the same exact situation.

Quote:
considering how GB2016 ended up, perhaps not the best example to lead by. As that film had also ALOT of behind the scenes issues going on at the time, which affected alot of people's opinion.
It is the best example. It doesn't matter how good or bad it ended up being. If people can't judge this movie as "this will suck" based on everything they know about it, it goes for any movie.

If you think about it, the same should be said for people who think the movie will be good based on what they've seen. They need to be told not to jump to conclusions also.
hasso_opitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2016, 10:25 AM   #56
Allio
Power Ranger

Quote:
It is the best example. It doesn't matter how good or bad it ended up being. If people can't judge this movie as "this will suck" based on everything they know about it, it goes for any movie.
If you want to get technical, We learned everything about the movie six months prior.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 10:28 AM   #57
Kaigan
#2,128

Quote:
If you want to get technical, We learned everything about the movie six months prior.
...No we didn't?

There's still a looooooot we don't know about this film. Like... most of it.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 10:30 AM   #58
Allio
Power Ranger

I was talking about Ghostbusters.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 10:31 AM   #59
Kaigan
#2,128

Quote:
I was talking about Ghostbusters.
Ah, my bad.

We still didn't really know everything about that either, though. Hell, it's been out on video for a while and I still know nothing about it.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 10:40 AM   #60
Allio
Power Ranger

Quote:
Ah, my bad.

We still didn't really know everything about that either, though. Hell, it's been out on video for a while and I still know nothing about it.
there was a leak in like Febuary I believe that essentially told the entire movie. It was before even the first trailer appeared, so to say "It was a coincidence" for the, I believe, 95% accuracy is a little iffy. Supposedly the person that leaked it was an editor on the film that got fed up with his job.

Tags
2017, power rangers movie, use spoiler tags.