RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions

Old November 9th, 2016, 04:08 AM   #61
Primo Ron White
The Knockout Game

Figures Harrison Barnes would finally break out the night the Mavericks played the Lakers.

But, hey, we've still got the better record at the moment. Time to cherish this for the few precious days that'll last...
Primo Ron White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2016, 05:47 AM   #62
chronoxiong
Digital Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo Ron White View Post
Figures Harrison Barnes would finally break out the night the Mavericks played the Lakers.

But, hey, we've still got the better record at the moment. Time to cherish this for the few precious days that'll last...
Shocked the Mavericks played an 8-man rotation only. Their starters played a ton of minutes. Harrison Barnes is doing some nice things now but he's still not racking up peripheral stats. He's reliant on his scoring. I hate how Luke Walton splits his minutes to a lot of his bench players too.

Unibrow is still searching for a win as his team couldn't win in Sacramento. He scored 33 points but couldn't get much help. Rudy Gay continues his fine play and I am going to be sad if/when he gets traded away. The rest of Tuesday's action were mostly close. Can't complain right? That buzzer beater by the Grizzlies was pretty neat. Meanwhile the Nets are supposed to be a bad lottery team but managed to win their 3rd game of the season against the disappointing TWolves. And the Cavs are no longer undefeated losing to the Hawks.
chronoxiong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2016, 07:56 AM   #63
kc16
Tha Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo Ron White View Post

I wouldn't say he broke out against us, he has been playing rather well lately. This is his 3rd 30 point game for the Mavs.

Anywho it sucks the Mavs pulled away against us. I was hoping we would keep it close but Barea, Barnes and Seth Curry decided to get hot for the Mavs.
kc16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2016, 03:08 AM   #64
chronoxiong
Digital Artist

God damn at the Clippers. They straight up murdered the Blazers at Staples Center. The lead was at 50-18 at one point. Then later on, it was 80-43 or something like that. It was never close, Chris Paul continues to shut down opposing PGs and Blake Griffin was on his way to a monster game too.

Harrison Barnes returned to Oracle Arena (along with Bogut) but since the Mavs threw in the towel early by resting Bogut, Matthews and Barea, the game was never close. It was mainly a showcase for Harrison Barnes and the other Curry in Seth. I am rooting for the Sixers to win a game as they are having a streak of not winning a game through October and November for a while now. Thought they were going to upset the Pacers but the Pacers were able to get the job done in OT. How about James Harden against the Spurs? He busted a triple double on them and got the win. Very impressive performance. By the way, does anyone remember Lamarcus Aldridge anymore? He's basically a sidekick to Kawhi Leonard now.
Old November 10th, 2016, 06:35 AM   #65
kc16
Tha Beast

Glad to see the Knicks beat down the Nets after being down most of the half. No one really jumped out in the stat sheet but it was good to see Brandon Jennings get 11 assists despite being known as a shoot first point guard.
Old November 10th, 2016, 07:02 AM   #66
TimeCrimson
On the Road

Holy hell the Clippers straight up demolished the Blazers. Damn! Must be a combo between Blake/CP3 having great games and Lillard and McCollum scoring 8 points a pice.

Also, anyone catch any Hornets games? Their record must be indicating they've been playing really well.
TimeCrimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2016, 12:52 PM   #67
SkittlesDizzy
Power Ranger

I must say that this young season has been much more enjoyable, though that's just the Laker fan bias coming in. I just hope that the early success continues!
SkittlesDizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2016, 03:16 AM   #68
chronoxiong
Digital Artist

The Kings blew a 19 pt lead on TNT to the Lakers and choked the game away. They couldn't buy a bucket in the 3rd quarter and struggled to score points in the 4th. Meanwhile the Lakers were able to score buckets by driving in and with Swaggy P's 3 point shooting. So disappointed at the Kings for losing this game. They had it in control the whole way. Boogie seemed frustrated like always and was getting into arguments with another former Kentucky Wildcat Julius Randle.

Oh look, the Pelicans finally won a game! They needed big efforts from everyone involved to finally get the job done. Dwayne Wade made his homecoming to Miami and got the win against his former team. He had a horrible game stat wise so it was the other guys who stepped up with Rondo having a vintage performance while Robin Lopez lead the team in field goal attempts. This was a wasted 20-20 game from Goatside.
Old November 11th, 2016, 05:30 AM   #69
Primo Ron White
The Knockout Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoxiong View Post
The Kings blew a 19 pt lead on TNT to the Lakers and choked the game away.
I am so, so sorry. Kinda.
Old November 11th, 2016, 07:52 AM   #70
MoonsKnight
as The Hopping Woman

After 9 games, the Pelicans are finally in the win column! Good for them.
MoonsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2016, 08:04 AM   #71
kc16
Tha Beast

I'm really enjoying this Laker team, what a comeback. Love the fight they showed and they have the perfect mix of young and veteran talent. Plus it was funny to know Julius Randle was able to get in the head of Demarcus Cousins. As soon as the game was over first thing on his mind was to go talk ish to Randle, lmao.

Also as mentioned the Pelicans with there first game, go figure it was against the Bucks, same team that gave the Mavs there first win.
Old November 12th, 2016, 05:29 AM   #72
chronoxiong
Digital Artist

So much action on Friday night. The Kings had a thrilling OT game in Portland where I thought they were going to pull off the win. But the Blazers kept fighting back and never gave up. They got big games from their starting backcourt. Meanwhile the Kings continue to show that they don't have a legit guy to depend on in crunch time.

Speaking of OT, congrats to the Sixers on winning a game! I am sold on Embiid now so this was a big moral boost since he's sitting out on Saturday. The Sixers seriously need to get rid of Noel as Embiid is going to be a monster when he can play more mins. Demar Derozan continues to not slow down as he had to score 34 points to barely win in Charlotte. It was an exciting game that saw Kemba Walker score 40 points in a losing effort. Meanwhile Carmelo getting ejected against the Celtics pretty much lead to them getting blown out in the 2nd half. Good job there...
Old November 12th, 2016, 07:44 AM   #73
kc16
Tha Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoxiong View Post
Meanwhile Carmelo getting ejected against the Celtics pretty much lead to them getting blown out in the 2nd half. Good job there...
Ehh, we weren't playing well even before he was ejected but his ejection definitely made it worse for us. Speaking on the ejection though, I wonder why Tony Brothers gave Melo two quick techs. It seems like Melo was trying to get an explanation but he didn't want to listen so he gave him another, at least hear him out. He must have said something really bad to cause Brothers to give him another tech.
Old November 12th, 2016, 09:40 AM   #74
Cancer0081
Team Aqua member

so the Thunder is now 1-1 against the Clippers this season. both games were close.
Cancer0081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2016, 05:06 AM   #75
Primo Ron White
The Knockout Game

Even I couldn't help feeling bad for the Pelicans. Mostly.
Old November 13th, 2016, 06:05 AM   #76
chronoxiong
Digital Artist

Pelicans got destroyed at home by the Lakers. It was sad to watch...unless you're a Lakers fan. Another wasted 30 pt game from Unibrow. Keep this up Lakers if you don't want your lottery protected top 3 pick for 2017!

I think the Wizards need to tank this season. It looks like a losing year for them because I don't see them turning it around. Otto Porter is the only guy who is developing for them. The rest, nope. Another team who needs to tank and I mentioned it on already are the Heat. They looked lifeless against the Jazz at home. They were getting killed until a late 4th quarter rally made it look respectable. And the team who looked like a lottery team in the Nets won in Phoenix. Shocker. Can they keep this up? At least they have young guys who look to be developing (Kilpatrick, Hollis-Jefferson). Or I could be wrong.

Edit: The Clippers need to stop blowing out their opponents! It's not fun for fantasy!
Old November 13th, 2016, 08:15 AM   #77
kc16
Tha Beast

Another great win for the Lakers. Good to see they are beating teams they should and what's better it was on the road in New Orleans. On the other hand the Knicks lose again this time to the Raptors or should I say Huskies in Toronto.
Old November 14th, 2016, 05:35 AM   #78
chronoxiong
Digital Artist

Serge Ibaka has done nothing this season but guess what, he decided to do something BIG in his return to OKC. He put up a big fantasy game and nailed the game winning shot for the Magic to beat the Thunder. Just unreal.

The Warriors/Suns game featured no defense as the Warriors big four all had big games. I still hate predicting this team for fantasy.
Old November 14th, 2016, 07:02 AM   #79
kc16
Tha Beast

Glad to see Ibaka get a ovation on his return, he was great last night. I kind of feel he was throwing shade at the Thunder after he blocked Steven Adams not once but twice on the same position then giving the 2 thumbs down as if he was saying, 'this guy is worth $100 million but not me'.

Plus the Lakers lost yesterday after Andrew Wiggins dropped a career high of 47 on us, most of which came from the free throw line. Win some, lose some.
Old November 14th, 2016, 08:49 AM   #80
Cancer0081
Team Aqua member

Ibaka had a nice return in the Magic's game against the Thunder. the Thunder struggled for some of it, but the game ended close. Ibaka ended up hitting the tie breaker with only .4 seconds remaining. Thunder need to get out of this slump.... I think they're on a streak of 3 losses now. however even with the loss Westbrook nailed another triple-double.
Cancer0081 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ben simmons, brandon ingram, joel embiid