RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions

Old November 3rd, 2016, 11:20 PM   #41
kc16
Tha Beast

The Westbrook vs Durant beef seems like it's just beginning. I thought they would have greeted one another but nope. Besides a fast start by OKC and a thunderous poster by Jerami Grant, Durant and the Warriors stole the show in a huge way. We even had a swatting contest between Durant and Westbrook, Durant ended up winning that one too, blocking Westbrook twice. Warriors looked so much better tonight it really wasn't a contest. Westbrook is gonna have to slow things down and literally try and work out plays for his teammates. He was going at full speed majority of the game and it didn't help at all.

Last edited by kc16; November 3rd, 2016 at 11:58 PM.
kc16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2016, 11:42 PM   #42
Primo Ron Pink
The Knockout Game

So 4 against 1 looks as bad as it sounds.

Really hope the money's worth it, Russ. Your trophy's officially farther away than it's ever been.
Primo Ron Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2016, 02:29 AM   #43
chronoxiong
Digital Artist

That was a sad blowout to watch. I felt like the Thunder had no chance. No one steps up for the Thunder. Oladipo has been kinda of a disappointment so far. Sadly I feel like the Warriors are Durant's team now. His production has been awesome while the rest has faltered. Curry out there playing like Derozan while Klay is a third wheel.

The Kings are not doing good on this road trip. Lost to a pathetic Magic team. They couldn't buy a bucket in the last 3 minutes of the game. Could it be fatigue? Who knows. It was a horrible fantasy night besides that. The TWolves wasted a great performance from Towns in a lost to the Nuggets.
chronoxiong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2016, 05:37 AM   #44
Cancer0081
Team Aqua member

sad game last night. it was nice seeing the Thunder have a lead early on, but that changed pretty quickly. kinda knew the Warriors were gonna take the game, but really didn't see that gap in the score coming. the Thunder need to get all their pieces working together. fairly certain they'll get to the playoffs again. probably at a low seed, yet they'll be there.
Cancer0081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2016, 06:02 AM   #45
superfanmj94
Power Ranger

I'm not a huge fan of Westbrook, but I was hoping OKC would be able to get the win just to show some competitiveness like the Spurs did last week.
superfanmj94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2016, 10:36 PM   #46
Patamon
Digimon of Hope

Holy shit! Lakers blew out Golden State!
Patamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2016, 12:19 AM   #47
Primo Ron Pink
The Knockout Game

Luke, you did it. We expected the GSW playbook, and we stopped every ounce of momentum they could gain. We're giant killers now!

#LukeWalton4Prez
Old November 5th, 2016, 02:41 AM   #48
kc16
Tha Beast

What a Friday night! First the Knicks get an important win against the Bulls. The return of Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah to Chicago. Though they were greeted with mixed emotions from the Chicago crowd, both came to play. Noah had himself the best game of the season thus far and Rose chipped in with a double-double. Melo and Porzingis were also great, both leading the team in scoring. As for the Bulls Wade went off and Butler had a good game but that's about it. I'm surprised Wade has made so many 3s thus far this season especially so efficiently. Threes were never his strong suit.

The shocker of the night of course was the Lakers 20 point win against the Warriors. They Lakers were off to a hot start and didn't drop off which was great. I'm sure Luke Walton had some tidbits to help the Lake Show, doesn't hurt to have someone that knows the Warriors tendancies. Curry actually didn't hit a single three 3 last night snapping his 157 streak of having at least one 3 made. Congrats to the Lake Show!!

In other news the Pelicans and Mavs are still winless, would have never saw that coming from those two teams.
Old November 5th, 2016, 02:57 AM   #49
chronoxiong
Digital Artist

kc16 said pretty much what I was going to say. But I can add that Demar Derozan is the first player to score 30+ points in the first five games of the season since Jordan. I wonder if this is the effect from playing on Team USA or he has improved. Not only that but there are currently 6 players who are averaging over 30 pts per game for the season which is unheard of. I know it will change but this is crazy.

There is no hope for the Mavericks. They spent all that money on guys but they are all old now. Harrison Barnes is still Harrison Barnes. The Pelicans need to fire Alvin Gentry. So pathetic how Unibrow only had 11 shot attempts in the OT lost to the Suns. Lance Stephenson took 15 shots and he's a backup.
Old November 5th, 2016, 04:20 AM   #50
MoonsKnight
as The Hopping Woman

The Mavs are 0-5 for the first time in franchise history, and now Dirk is out with an Achilles injury. Damn. Pelicans are still winless, Davis is pissed about it, and I think Alvin Gentry's job is on the line.

My Wizards finally got their first win of the season, I'm so psyched. Still need a lot more production for the bench, but going to Tomas Satoransky instead of Trey Burke is helping a lot. Burke is garbage (in other news, water is wet). Beal finally started to look like the max player, and the Wiz are finally playing defense in the 4th quarter to close out the game. The biggest question now is how they do without John Wall on the second night of a back-to-back in Orlando.

But the BIG story of the night - these Lakers are looking LEGIT. I tuned out after the 1st quarter because I was convinced the Lakers were going to pound the Warriors, and they did. They're about to make believers out of some people.
MoonsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2016, 05:47 AM   #51
Cancer0081
Team Aqua member

I'm confused.... how do the Lakers get a win against the Warriors? and also what about the Staples Center caused Curry to forget how to shoot 3s?
Old November 5th, 2016, 06:04 AM   #52
MoonsKnight
as The Hopping Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer0081 View Post
I'm confused.... how do the Lakers get a win against the Warriors? and also what about the Staples Center caused Curry to forget how to shoot 3s?
It was the Showtime Lakers throwback jerseys. They're filled with "Magic".

I'm sure it's a combination of the Warriors still having an unreliable bench, the Lakers actually being legitimately better this year on some level, and the Warriors underestimating their opponents, which we've seen in the past that they have a tendency to do (like when they lost to the Lakers at Staples Center back in March).
Old November 6th, 2016, 03:55 AM   #53
chronoxiong
Digital Artist

No Rudy Gay, no Darren Collison and there were a lot of problems for the Kings. They continue their roadtrip in Milwaukee and got slaughtered hard. I didn't see the game because I was at work but heard it was a 30 pt lead in the 3rd. Coach Joerger sat out the starters and it was game over. I have no idea what's going on here but that little nice start they had seems like a distant memory.

Speaking of distant memory, that Bulls 3-0 start was one too as they have lost 3 in a row this time getting killed by the Pacers. Dwight Howard got a nice revenge win against the Rockets as he continues to play like a new man. The rest of Saturday's action was filled with blowouts. Not pretty.
Old November 6th, 2016, 06:01 AM   #54
MoonsKnight
as The Hopping Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoxiong View Post
No Rudy Gay, no Darren Collison and there were a lot of problems for the Kings. They continue their roadtrip in Milwaukee and got slaughtered hard. I didn't see the game because I was at work but heard it was a 30 pt lead in the 3rd. Coach Joerger sat out the starters and it was game over. I have no idea what's going on here but that little nice start they had seems like a distant memory.

Speaking of distant memory, that Bulls 3-0 start was one too as they have lost 3 in a row this time getting killed by the Pacers. Dwight Howard got a nice revenge win against the Rockets as he continues to play like a new man. The rest of Saturday's action was filled with blowouts. Not pretty.
... What? We had two really close games last night.

Wizards/Magic was a two-point game that literally went down to the final posession, when Markieff Morris missed a wide-open three pointer that would have gotten the Wizards the win. The Cavs barely managed to beat the Sixers by 1 point, 102-101. Gerald Henderson was definitely fouled on that drive to the basket in the final possession of the game, but the refs swallowed their whistles - had they done their jobs, I'm sure either the Sixers would have won, or the game would have gone into OT.
Old November 6th, 2016, 01:52 PM   #55
kc16
Tha Beast

Very unfortunate that the Knicks couldn't get to .500 this early afternoon. Despite a great scoring output again from Melo and Porzingis, the usual, foul trouble really hurt us. The Jazz had 35 FT attempts while making 30 of them. The Knicks only had 19 FT attempts for comparison. Gordon Hayward had a big game in his season debut, leading the Jazz with 28 points in the win.
Old November 7th, 2016, 02:14 AM   #56
chronoxiong
Digital Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonsKnight View Post
... What? We had two really close games last night.
There was and I purposely didn't mention it so I can let you talk about it.

The Kings were able to win one road game while on their 5 game road trip. I was shocked it had to come against the Raptors who I am rooting for this year. Cousins showed up in this game while Rudy Gay tried his best since he used to play for this team too. I wonder if the Raptors sitting out Jonas Valanciunas played a part in the Kings being able to win or not.

Another shocker of the night goes to the Celtics getting waxed at home by the Nuggets. I have no clue how this happened as the Nuggets haven't been looking good so far this season. Very disappointed. Well at least the Mavericks picked up their first win of the season. Too bad the game was boring and was very low scoring. But yeah, Harrison Barnes showed up in this one.
Old November 7th, 2016, 02:50 AM   #57
Primo Ron Pink
The Knockout Game

And now the Suns suffer our sudden wrath! Three in a row! Laker nation! Arooooooooooooooooooo!

...I'm mildly pleased by the uptick in performance this season.
Old November 7th, 2016, 04:08 AM   #58
kc16
Tha Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo Ron White View Post
And now the Suns suffer our sudden wrath! Three in a row! Laker nation! Arooooooooooooooooooo!

...I'm mildly pleased by the uptick in performance this season.
You and me both. I didn't catch the game but it's a joy to hear they won. Great start to the season.
Old November 8th, 2016, 04:02 AM   #59
chronoxiong
Digital Artist

Unibrow is trying his best but it's never enough for a win. What does he have to do to get a win? His team played hard in Oakland but unfortunately, Curry was on fire and couldn't miss from 3 pt range. After Curry's 3 pt streak was snapped the other night, he broke his own record for most 3's made in a game. I'm sick and tired of trying to predict this team for fantasy.

How about dem Hornets? They are 5-1 now and I remember they started off hot last year too. I'm sure they will cool down eventually. The Bulls made easy work on the pathetic Magic team even though none of their starters made a 3 pt shot. Speaking of easy, the Clippers did the same to the Pistons. Maybe this might be the year they have a bench they can rely on.
Old November 8th, 2016, 07:29 AM   #60
Cancer0081
Team Aqua member

so Thunder beat the Heat last night. after 7 games they are 6-1, which for some reason is the best stretch they've had in the first seven games since relocating to OKC. apparently it went so well for the Thunder last night that Westbrook got to sit out the 4th quarter.

Tags
ben simmons, brandon ingram, joel embiid