RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions

Old October 30th, 2016, 12:39 AM   #21
Primo Ron Pink
The Knockout Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonsKnight View Post
Westbrook is beasting, and also took 44 shots last night. He's playing super well as expected, but it's clear he's going to need more help from the rest of the team if OKC wants to make it through an 82-game season AND the playoffs.
Where have I heard this before?

Oh, that's right, damn near every season even with Durant still on the team...
Primo Ron Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2016, 03:27 AM   #22
kc16
Tha Beast

The Knicks won there home opener agianst the Grizz yesterday. Good to see a different mindset for the team going into the game. Porzingis looked awesome last night. You can tell his hard work this offseason has helped his game tremendously. He is taking dudes off the dribble, attacking and finishing at the rim. Plus add to already good shooting range, he looks great offensively which is great news for Knick fans.

The Pelicans couldn't pick up there first win against the unbeaten Spurs but hey it's the Spurs. Davis was definitely in lock down as he was only able to score 18 points with a low 40% shooting.
kc16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2016, 06:12 AM   #23
MoonsKnight
as The Hopping Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo Ron White View Post
Where have I heard this before?

Oh, that's right, damn near every season even with Durant still on the team...
Yeah, but the problem is.. there's no Durant this year. When Westbrook inevitably wears down, the Thunder are gonna be helpless against the really good teams. Likewise, it's theoretically easier to shut down one star player than it is to shut down two.
MoonsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2016, 01:20 PM   #24
Primo Ron Pink
The Knockout Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonsKnight View Post
Yeah, but the problem is.. there's no Durant this year.
My point was I agree with you.

Obviously I haven't yet made it clear enough in past threads how unbelievably laughable I find Sam Presti's work. One could even argue that because the organization knew going in this year they wouldn't have KD, they just decided to say "screw it" and not pay any extra money than what they spent to maintain Westbrook so that when they inevitably lose again this year, they'll have the built-in scapegoat in Durant.
Old October 30th, 2016, 02:09 PM   #25
AJ_West_
Power Ranger
eBay

Golden State = All-Star squad
AJ_West_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2016, 07:49 PM   #26
kc16
Tha Beast

Westbrook is still looking impressive with another triple double. This time against the Lakers unfortunately. I'm starting to wonder if he will average a triple double for the season, he makes it look very easy.
Old October 31st, 2016, 03:07 AM   #27
chronoxiong
Digital Artist

I'm going to keep saying that Westbrook is a ball hogger but then again, people are going to say: Because he has no one on the team who's good enough or he still racks up a lot of assists. That's true but I still feel like he's a ball hogger. It's bad enough that we have to force ourselves to play him in fantasy. I know I did against the Lakers and at least this was a more dominant win for the Thunder. Took a few games but Steven Adams was also a beast out there. He should become a great Center this season.

The Warriors Big Four played a ton of minutes against the Suns. And they barely won. This might be the norm due to how pathetic their bench is. The ring chaser David West only played 8 minutes. Curry was out there not even playing like a PG. I was surprised the Spurs had trouble closing out the Heat but remembered that they rested Aldridge so Pau Gasol can get his offense in. It worked. Well that sure was a fun game between the Grizzlies/Wizards. Conley and Marc Gasol stepped up when needed.
chronoxiong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2016, 07:12 AM   #28
Cancer0081
Team Aqua member

last night Westbrook joined a very small group of players to score two triple-doubles in the first 3 games. one of those players being Oscar Robertson who thinks it's entirely possible for Westbrook to average a triple-double for the season. but he played a lot smarter ball against the Lakers than he had against the Suns. he got more of the team involved. the Lakers did pull up close during the game, but the Thunder still pulled out a win. more games where more Thunder players get involved with the scoring and other aspects and it won't seem like they have to rely on Westbrook to get everything done.
Cancer0081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2016, 02:45 AM   #29
chronoxiong
Digital Artist

The Kings had an interesting lost to the Hawks. They were down often but stayed in the game and switched leads. But Cousins had a horrible game having to deal with Dwight Howard. So it was up to Rudy Gay to lead the way with a lot of help from Matt Barnes. I'm liking the addition of Barnes.

Mike Malone continues to troll fantasy players about his frontcourt guys. It's either Nurkic or Jokic who will trade off huge games. Nurkic killed me in the last game so I faded him against the Raptors where he ends up beasting. So annoying. Oh yeah, Kyle Lowry woke up for this game having a great game. Not much to add about the other two blowouts but the Bulls are 3-0 now which is the first time since the late 90's. They have been shooting well. Can they keep this up?
Old November 1st, 2016, 06:58 AM   #30
kc16
Tha Beast

This just in, Ray Allen has announced his retirement from the NBA. Just another name for the already star studded 2021 HOF class. Kobe, Duncan, KG and now Ray Allen, the 2000s NBA generation stars are quickly fading away. Feels like yesterday I was watching all these guys playing at high levels, how time flies.
Old November 1st, 2016, 08:13 AM   #31
Cancer0081
Team Aqua member

good news for the Thunder, both Adams and Olapido agreed to extensions. also Westbrook was named the Western Conference player of the week. just seems like good news going into the back to back of Clippers and Warriors on Weds and Thurs.
Old November 1st, 2016, 09:05 AM   #32
MoonsKnight
as The Hopping Woman

I mean, I'm really impressed by Westbrook's numbers, too, but let's look at the teams OKC has beaten - the Sixers, the Suns, and the Lakers. And the first two were pretty damn close. OKC may have a perfect 3-0 record so far, but they've also had the benefit of one of the "easiest" starts to the NBA season, and they have yet to face an actual contender or expected playoff team.
Old November 2nd, 2016, 03:04 AM   #33
chronoxiong
Digital Artist

The Kings couldn't get the win in OT against the Heat. I actually thought they were going to lose the game as the game was much slower paced thanks to the Heat. But once Cousins fouled out, the Kings had no chance like always. Have to give Rudy Gay props for playing like a beast in these five games to remind us why he is a top 10 SF.

The Sixers just keep getting close to a win. Sucks that they couldn't get the job done against this pathetic Magic team. I predicted the Magic will be bad but their starting five are still a good source for fantasy production. The Warriors killed the Blazers in Portland and it was sad because the Warriors continue to show us how weak of a bench they have. I was shocked the Jazz defeated the Spurs but was glad the TWolves stomped on the Grizzlies because they sat Conley and Gasol. That's what they get for giving us those news late!
Old November 2nd, 2016, 05:16 AM   #34
kc16
Tha Beast

Both the Knicks and Lakers lost. I actually thought the Knicks would have put up a much stronger fight than they did against the Pistons. The Pistons are actually looking good thus far this season, they are 3-1, good start.

The Lakers managed to fight back against the Pacers but it wasn't enough as they lost by 7. Mosgov was forced to leave as he was hit a couple of times in the head. Coach Luke Walton actually was quoted saying he looked like he was in a heavyweight fight after the game. Hope he recovers soon.
Old November 3rd, 2016, 01:25 AM   #35
chronoxiong
Digital Artist

Andre Drummond continues to show the world how much he sucks on defense. Brook Lopez ate him alive in Brooklyn. He pretty much got benched late in the 4th. That was a nice win for a Nets team that doesn't have much hope this season or next season. I hope Linsanity's hamstring injury isn't too bad.

Blink and you might miss it but Demar Derozan is on fire! Ever since the season started, he's been scoring a ton of points. So much points that Kyle Lowry has taken a backseat and doesn't need to do much. They defeated the Wizards even though it was a close game for most of the way. James Harden is also on fire as his team defeated the Knicks easily in MSG. I will let the rest of you guys talk about your favorite teams. Glad I don't work tomorrow night so I can watch the Thunder/Warriors game too.
Old November 3rd, 2016, 01:58 AM   #36
Primo Ron Pink
The Knockout Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoxiong View Post
I will let the rest of you guys talk about your favorite teams.
AKA "I'm gonna wait for Primo to say OMG we beat Atlanta playoff team Swaggy P is back baby w0000000000000000000000000000000".

*ahem* As you were.
Old November 3rd, 2016, 04:57 AM   #37
kc16
Tha Beast

Thunder vs Warriors should very entertaining just to see if Durant and Westbrook greet before tip-off. I know Westbrook for sure is pumped for this game though he won't say it.
Old November 3rd, 2016, 08:16 AM   #38
MoonsKnight
as The Hopping Woman

You know, if the Wizards starters could physically play 48 minutes, they would probably be 3-0 right now instead of 0-3. They got off to a really hot start last nigh, then the second unit came in and everything stopped. The bench production has been non-existent. Trey Burke is garbage, glad to see Satoransky get some quality minutes in the second half last night, but it still wasn't enough. Wall had 33 points and 11 assists, but it wasn't enough to stop DeRozan's 40-point night leading the Raptors to a win. Beal still doesn't look like a $128 million franchise player. My squad is killing me. :\
Old November 3rd, 2016, 02:01 PM   #39
Cancer0081
Team Aqua member

Thunder survived a close one against the Clippers last night. if the Clippers starters had actually played well it might of gone the other way. tonight the Thunder go against their old friend KD and his new team the Warriors. and given how tough some of the games against the Warriors were last season when Thunder had KD it's a good bet the Thunder's undefeated streak is gonna be broken after tonight.
Old November 3rd, 2016, 10:23 PM   #40
TheultimateRanger21
hero from the bay area

I love a team that is all about the team! I didn't mind so much about Durant vs Westbrook , all I wanted was the Warriors to win tonight and they did. I hope they can continue to develop the skills of their bench.
TheultimateRanger21 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
ben simmons, brandon ingram, joel embiid