Old December 30th, 2016, 05:44 PM   #561
Qi iHuKam
iPure Lotus Warriahi

@nickshaw2814
@RangerBango
@Kalel
@manson26

Thanks for the responses'. I saw this before and was like

I know it might increase the price a little, but damn is it very sophisticated looking.

Qi iHuKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2016, 06:31 PM   #562
nickshaw2814
forever green
eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qi iHuKam View Post
@nickshaw2814
@RangerBango
@Kalel
@manson26

Thanks for the responses'. I saw this before and was like

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTYwWDk2MA..._id=880000500F

I know it might increase the price a little, but damn is it very sophisticated looking.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDYwMA..._id=880000500F
I like that too lol there are so many nice looking displays and ways to display the dagger. Just depends how it would look in one's own collection I'd think.
nickshaw2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2016, 09:51 PM   #563
manson26
Bletchley Code Breaker

I'd take that over tribal green any day
manson26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2016, 04:06 AM   #564
Stuntastik30
VIP Rider

That stand is sooo not an issue, at least to me. I hope you guys arent looking at it as a deal breaker of sorts? It's just a bonus dodad that comes with the dagger like how the cheap little crystal came with the dyno buckler and the mini ninjor and lamp came with the Doran Change.

@Qi iHuKam, that black stand is cool though, I like that there's room for the morpher.
Stuntastik30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2016, 06:22 AM   #565
nickshaw2814
forever green
eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntastik30 View Post
That stand is sooo not an issue, at least to me. I hope you guys arent looking at it as a deal breaker of sorts? It's just a bonus dodad that comes with the dagger like how the cheap little crystal came with the dyno buckler and the mini ninjor and lamp came with the Doran Change.

@Qi iHuKam, that black stand is cool though, I like that there's room for the morpher.
Yeah I hope the it's not a deal breaker for others either. And it may look nicer in hand than in pics. For me I like the stand just wish it weren't so cheap looking for the money we pay. Honestly my biggest complaint is that outside the sounds, nothing changed on the dagger. I would have liked to have seen more accuracy. Especially on the coin. Something small appearance wise that would make it stand apart.

Last edited by nickshaw2814; December 31st, 2016 at 06:27 AM.
Old January 1st, 2017, 02:04 PM   #566
nickshaw2814
forever green
eBay

Got my ssa dino buckler last night. Opened it and it's a very nice piece. Had a blemish on the top plate where maybe the chrome wasn't complete so that's a bummer. But my biggest gripe is the crystal. Very underwhelming for what is an exclusive item. I plan on ordering a full set from Wild Ranger 5 anyways but still disappointed.
Old January 1st, 2017, 02:09 PM   #567
Dino_Ranger_White
White Ranger_Dino Power!

Yeah, I agree that the crystal was a big letdown. Way too small, cheap
feeling in-hand and just kind of "meh" overall.

The buckler though? Pure awesome. Sold my Legacy Morpher right after I got
the SSA version.
Dino_Ranger_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2017, 02:14 PM   #568
nickshaw2814
forever green
eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino_Ranger_White View Post
Yeah, I agree that the crystal was a big letdown. Way too small, cheap
feeling in-hand and just kind of "meh" overall.

The buckler though? Pure awesome. Sold my Legacy Morpher right after I got
the SSA version.
Insanely small. I saw pics and heard people say it was smaller than what's in the show but I didn't think baby size lol

The buckler though, absolutely love it. Makes me even more impatient now for the Dragon Buckler I pre-ordered lol and I ordered the Guardian beast medal set too. Just waiting for it to show up.
Old January 1st, 2017, 02:46 PM   #569
Dino_Ranger_White
White Ranger_Dino Power!

Truth be told, my crystal is still sitting in the Buckler box.
I like the display box much more than the crystal itself, lol.
I removed the crystal and was just like… yeah, no.

The medallion set is beautiful, and the box for it is amazing, as well.

With the S.H.Figuarts Set, the Dyno Buckler, Dragon Buckler, Zyusouken
and the Gigantic Series Daizyujin, that will pretty much make up my PR display
come Spring 2017. I don't think there is much more I would need from the series…
and those items are spot-on perfection, IMO.
Dino_Ranger_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2017, 03:01 PM   #570
⚡Taichi
I'm dangerous... kinda...
32 eBay

I think I truly love the Medal set more than the actual Buckler.

But the crystal is so small... not that I mind a trinket with the set... like the Doron having a mini Ninjaman and jar... but that crystal was ridiculous. They could have repackaged the innards to have the crystal almost the length of the box instead of the width and while it wouldn't have been full size... it would have been better.
Taichi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2017, 06:31 PM   #571
nickshaw2814
forever green
eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino_Ranger_White View Post
Truth be told, my crystal is still sitting in the Buckler box.
I like the display box much more than the crystal itself, lol.
I removed the crystal and was just like… yeah, no.

The medallion set is beautiful, and the box for it is amazing, as well.

With the S.H.Figuarts Set, the Dyno Buckler, Dragon Buckler, Zyusouken
and the Gigantic Series Daizyujin, that will pretty much make up my PR display
come Spring 2017. I don't think there is much more I would need from the series…
and those items are spot-on perfection, IMO.
Still torn on if I should save and get gigantic Daizyujin or get the SOC Daizyujin. I passed on legacy megazord because I personally think it's atrocious.

But yeah I think the crystal is gonna go back into the box. Don't think I can stand looking at it lol I have another prop one that I've had in the mmpr display that I'll use as a place holder until I get the set ordered from Wild Ranger 5. Because like you, I like the box more. The box is in the display lol just wish they had Geki unmorphed on it like the original box did

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taichi View Post
I think I truly love the Medal set more than the actual Buckler.

But the crystal is so small... not that I mind a trinket with the set... like the Doron having a mini Ninjaman and jar... but that crystal was ridiculous. They could have repackaged the innards to have the crystal almost the length of the box instead of the width and while it wouldn't have been full size... it would have been better.
They really dropped the ball with the crystal. I don't even like looking at it to be honest lol seeing the mmpr red crystal I have from powerprops next to that one depresses me knowing what could have been

Last edited by nickshaw2814; January 2nd, 2017 at 12:42 AM.
Old January 2nd, 2017, 12:34 AM   #572
Stuntastik30
VIP Rider

Had a little fun with the crystal when I first got it but that's about it.

Old January 5th, 2017, 07:53 PM   #573
RangerBango
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickshaw2814 View Post
Got my ssa dino buckler last night. Opened it and it's a very nice piece. Had a blemish on the top plate where maybe the chrome wasn't complete so that's a bummer. But my biggest gripe is the crystal. Very underwhelming for what is an exclusive item. I plan on ordering a full set from Wild Ranger 5 anyways but still disappointed.
I just got mine the other day. Everything was fine but the bottom plate wobbles. I tried taking the front off but only way to get to the problem is opening from the back which I did and I ruined the plug holes... lol sucks but lesson learned. Gonna have to custom paint the back piece in the summer time and apply labels.

Quote:
Had a little fun with the crystal when I first got it but that's about it.

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/a...psvobvrtp0.jpg
I wonder how much you could get for that useless piece lol
RangerBango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2017, 08:52 PM   #574
ryuga_knight
Power Ranger

Any videos yet of teh sounds from the Dragon Symphony Zyusouken?
ryuga_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2017, 01:35 AM   #575
Stuntastik30
VIP Rider

Not yet, I doubt we''ll see any demo of the Zyusouken until we are closer to the May release date. I really don't want to rush this year along, so I'm just not going to think about it until then.
Old January 11th, 2017, 02:02 AM   #576
nickshaw2814
forever green
eBay

I've seen video of a Dagger and dragon buckler a fan redid of accurate sounds. So if they can't match or beat a fans version, I won't buy from this line anymore and put my money elsewhere. Since they haven't altered anything with these releases other than the sounds, which was lackluster on the Dino Buckler sadly, what's the point I buying them? I do love the box art though lol

And I love the design of the beast medal set coins, but I wish they were screen accurate. Or a reproduction of the medals that were released in Japan. And the coins could be set in a display like what was seen in the episode that they resurrected. ultimate Daizyujin. Lots of missed opportunities in my opinion
Old January 11th, 2017, 12:19 PM   #577
Stuntastik30
VIP Rider

I don't know, I guess I'm always looking at the silver lining. It was felt the Dyno Buckler was disappointing but I feel it's exactly what it should have been. It used the same transformation sound from the show. It even had the coin insert sound when you turned it on. It didn't need any other sounds or the Zyuranger theme in my opinion. Maybe it could have used more frantic light animation but it's ok for what it is.

They probably did a better job than the Legacy Morpher.

Hear me out though, the big fail of the Legacy Morpher when it first came out was that only one light turned on when you pressed the button. And the light animation while the theme played wasn't even that engaging, they just blinked one at a time and that always bugged me. And, though it had the communicator sound and MMPR theme, that's just extra fluff and arguably unnecessary and I wouldn't miss it if it wasn't there. Yes, it got better through later releases but I'm just playing devils advocate here. Lol

Not sure if you haven't seen my morpher mod but it gives you an idea of what could have been if they pushed it a little further.

Stunts Custom Legacy Morpher

Anywho, The Artisan Dragon Buckler probably will have the same features and sounds as the Dino Buckler, and I'm ok with that. in terms of design, I've always loved the larger look of the legacy morpher and these Artisan bucklers will have screw covers unlike the earlier Legacy. It's unfortunate that they released the standard Legacy Morpher so much before adding that improvement, I doubt there will be another rerelease with it but you never know, people are pretty much drained at this point. Probably why we haven't heard much of anything about the rest of the movie morphers.

Last edited by Stuntastik30; January 11th, 2017 at 12:27 PM.
Old January 11th, 2017, 12:47 PM   #578
TheSentaiGuy
making idiocy an art form

Quote:
snip
Okay, first off, that custom morpher is awesome! Secondly, I must defend the honor of the fair maiden, known as the Legacy Morpher!

So yeah, standing back and looking at them both, the Dino Buckler is better, but let's pretend that the Legacy Morpher never existed.

A.) Would we have even gotten a Dino Buckler to begin with?
B.) If so, would it have even been a new mold, or just new electronics, like the Doron Changer?
C.) Would it have had metal plates, or just metal coins, like the Doron Changer?

My point being, I think the Dino Buckler is better, but I also think it would have been nearly imposible for BoJ to do any worse than the Legacy Morpher. BoA handed them an already excellent piece, there was really nowhere to go but up. Also, had BoA not made the Legacy Morpher, I don't think the Dino Buckler would have had all the cool things it does now.
TheSentaiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2017, 02:15 PM   #579
Stuntastik30
VIP Rider

Lol thanks!

I agree with you, it's safe to assume the popularity of the Legacy Morpher made the Artisan Buckler happen. But there wouldn't be a Power Morpher without the Dyno Buckler as well :p

it probably even triggered them in releasing the other Changers from the other Sentai seasons, so I'm extremely greatful for the chain reaction.

BOJ's Artisan line is definitely taking a lighter more traditional approach though. If they were first to re release the Buckler, it more than likely would have been original size and all plastic. I know quite a few people that would have been very happy about that. This has me worried about the potential Zeo Morpher though, if Artisan does the Ohranger Changer first it probably won't have as much diecast to the mold. I'm glad BOA chose the go big or go home approach, love the size and the feel of the Diecast plates. It would have been silly not to use such a premium piece.
Old January 11th, 2017, 03:36 PM   #580
nickshaw2814
forever green
eBay

Quote:
I don't know, I guess I'm always looking at the silver lining. It was felt the Dyno Buckler was disappointing but I feel it's exactly what it should have been. It used the same transformation sound from the show. It even had the coin insert sound when you turned it on. It didn't need any other sounds or the Zyuranger theme in my opinion. Maybe it could have used more frantic light animation but it's ok for what it is.

They probably did a better job than the Legacy Morpher.

Hear me out though, the big fail of the Legacy Morpher when it first came out was that only one light turned on when you pressed the button. And the light animation while the theme played wasn't even that engaging, they just blinked one at a time and that always bugged me. And, though it had the communicator sound and MMPR theme, that's just extra fluff and arguably unnecessary and I wouldn't miss it if it wasn't there. Yes, it got better through later releases but I'm just playing devils advocate here. Lol

Not sure if you haven't seen my morpher mod but it gives you an idea of what could have been if they pushed it a little further.

Stunts Custom Legacy Morpher

Anywho, The Artisan Dragon Buckler probably will have the same features and sounds as the Dino Buckler, and I'm ok with that. in terms of design, I've always loved the larger look of the legacy morpher and these Artisan bucklers will have screw covers unlike the earlier Legacy. It's unfortunate that they released the standard Legacy Morpher so much before adding that improvement, I doubt there will be another rerelease with it but you never know, people are pretty much drained at this point. Probably why we haven't heard much of anything about the rest of the movie morphers.
Link isn't working for me for some reason :-/

But the sound when you turn on the Dino Buckler isn't the sound of the coin being inserted. Not really sure what that sound is lol but the sound of the coin being inserted should have been what that sound was. Along with the team saying "Dino Buckler!" The video I referenced on the Dragon Buckler had the coin insert sound, Burai saying dino buckler, and even him saying Dragon Ranger, Burai. It was glorious lol and while it had the Zyuranger theme I could do without that.

Overall I'm still very pleased with the Dino Buckler. I prefer it over the legacy version. But I'm just saying for paying for a premium item and being that the show originated in Japan, I kind of expected more.