RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions

Old January 2nd, 2017, 06:23 PM   #41
Red Rock
Power Ranger

I like the zord builder functions with the power ranger versions and being able to swap parts with previous zords. I'm looking forward to the ninja steel toys. It's cool that the ninja steel megazord can do the Perceptor kick
Red Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 10:56 AM   #42
RedRanger87
Apparently An Apologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadsmileyface View Post
The one that opens the plates. It was discussed back when they came out and is a pretty common issue. There are some people who have tried doing things like re-securing the screws on the metal plates (tried on one of mine, no change) and some who think it's because of people with large hands hitting the eject button (tried it holding the handle with two fingers, still pop out. Some coins stay in, some fall. I have three Legacy Morphers and a Movie Morpher.

A few videos or tweets doesn't make a widespread issue. An occurrence such as the Legacy Dino Megazord buckling under the weight of the Legacy Dragonzord is a bigger and much more problematic one. With the Legacy Coins falling out, it could be a little of both reasons you are stating. JDF may have hit the eject button when he whipped out the morpher or it could be another reason, such as the coin not being large enough to be held in place. Are we sure he was using a coin that came with the morpher and not a fanmade one?

That being said, the coins that come from the factory are not always going to be 100% perfect either. There could very well be casting issues when a particular batch was made that causes them to be slightly smaller and more prone to popping out. That's when the morpher or coins should be exchanged for ones that don't have this issue.
RedRanger87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 12:10 PM   #43
rmssw
Super Mega Ultrazord

It definitely wasn't from pushing the eject button. Mine fall out just from moving the morpher the wrong way. There's nothing holding them in securely. Except for the tyrannosaurus one. That one stays put.
rmssw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 12:46 PM   #44
⚡Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.
eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRanger87 View Post
A few videos or tweets doesn't make a widespread issue. An occurrence such as the Legacy Dino Megazord buckling under the weight of the Legacy Dragonzord is a bigger and much more problematic one. With the Legacy Coins falling out, it could be a little of both reasons you are stating. JDF may have hit the eject button when he whipped out the morpher or it could be another reason, such as the coin not being large enough to be held in place. Are we sure he was using a coin that came with the morpher and not a fanmade one?

That being said, the coins that come from the factory are not always going to be 100% perfect either. There could very well be casting issues when a particular batch was made that causes them to be slightly smaller and more prone to popping out. That's when the morpher or coins should be exchanged for ones that don't have this issue.
Honestly, it's not just some new nitpick I'm making up. This has been discussed and experienced by people in all regions not only on YouTube videos but on this very forum.

I don't think he's hitting the eject button because the coin does not shake loose until the plates pop open. I cant tell if that's a fan made coin but I have no reason to suspect that it is when a Tommy edition was released.

It's impossible to know by looking at the box which coins are going to pop and which will stay locked with any Morpher. It appears to be across multiple Morpher revisions and is not consistent from coin to coin- I cant say that it's all Mastodons or all Pterodactyls. It's hit and miss. This was my exact original complaint- it is a flawed design because there's nothing securing them in place apart from friction.

This would be fine if you didn't have a toy that has two heavy spring loaded plates shaking every component inside of it every time it's operated, or if the play-action of the toy did not require you to thrust it in the air, or if the coins were not made of a weighty solid metal. Add those three design choices together and you've basically built a very strange looking gun. The thing isn't even guaranteed to last long either- how many inserts and ejections is the plastic moulding going to last before the metal of the coin finally wears the thing down so the ones that don't have a problem wont even stay in place any more? Two hundred? Three hundred? This was all to replicate a play-function of specially modified Zyuranger props rather than maintaining the apparent "improve on the original" ethos that seems to have been employed across the rest of the Legacy items.
Sadsmileyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 12:50 PM   #45
⚡Taichi
I'm dangerous... kinda...
32 eBay

Fan made coins I had pop out... but never any of the actual ones packaged with the morphers. None have ever popped out on my 3 Legacy ones, Movie one or my Dino Buckler... weird.

But hey, doesn't mean anything. I always thought it was just that flexing to push the button causes your whole hand to tense up and might trigger the back piece unknowingly.

But back to fan made ones, yeah, I've had tons of issues with them spinning around, falling out... etc.
Taichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 01:17 PM   #46
RedRanger87
Apparently An Apologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadsmileyface View Post
Honestly, it's not just some new nitpick I'm making up. This has been discussed and experienced by people in all regions not only on YouTube videos but on this very forum.

I don't think he's hitting the eject button because the coin does not shake loose until the plates pop open. I cant tell if that's a fan made coin but I have no reason to suspect that it is when a Tommy edition was released.

It's impossible to know by looking at the box which coins are going to pop and which will stay locked with any Morpher. It appears to be across multiple Morpher revisions and is not consistent from coin to coin- I cant say that it's all Mastodons or all Pterodactyls. It's hit and miss. This was my exact original complaint- it is a flawed design because there's nothing securing them in place apart from friction.

This would be fine if you didn't have a toy that has two heavy spring loaded plates shaking every component inside of it every time it's operated, or if the play-action of the toy did not require you to thrust it in the air, or if the coins were not made of a weighty solid metal. Add those three design choices together and you've basically built a very strange looking gun. The thing isn't even guaranteed to last long either- how many inserts and ejections is the plastic moulding going to last before the metal of the coin finally wears the thing down so the ones that don't have a problem wont even stay in place any more? Two hundred? Three hundred? This was all to replicate a play-function of specially modified Zyuranger props rather than maintaining the apparent "improve on the original" ethos that seems to have been employed across the rest of the Legacy items.
I didn't think you were making anything up. I just don't believe it's as large an issue as it's being made out to be. I'm not crazy about the way the coins are held in either, but it works. Maybe they believed there would be a bigger issue with the diecast coins having tabs. Maybe they thought we would prefer them without the tabs. Maybe they initially had the tabs on there and there was apparent wear on the coin or the morpher after a few uses. We don't know and we never will. Ultimately, this is the design they went with that they believed would satisfy us.

I am not saying that because I haven't had this issue, it doesn't exist. I'm willing to accept the flaws within reason. If someone doesn't like a product Bandai is producing, they don't have to buy it.

I agree that it's impossible to see which coins are going to pop out. Just like they can't tell when packing them in. The best that can be done, if you run into this problem, is to exchange it. No product is without its flaws. The factories that produce these may exacerbate the issue in a myriad of ways throughout the production process. That is just the nature of the beast and there has to be some acceptance of this among fans. Within reason, of course.

What I find acceptable, you might find unacceptable. And that's ok. It's simply a difference in opinion.
RedRanger87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 03:17 PM   #47
Kyle16
Figuring it out

I've had the coin issue myself. I didn't even realize it was a thing that was happening to others until this thread. I thought I was just being a little too aggressive with it. Glad to know its not just me.

visually I do prefer the coins without the tabs, and 90% of the time I'll just be looking at them anyway, but functionally it seems to to cause a problem.

One thing I never really understood was their reasoning behind making the morpher larger than their on screen counterparts. Why wouldnt you as a company want to save money in materials? No one would have called them out for being more screen accurate, it would have been win/win. I would have rather they put that money into giving us back the red button. And if anything was left over, a more secure way to hold the coins.

Last edited by Kyle16; January 3rd, 2017 at 03:25 PM.
Kyle16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 06:22 PM   #48
RitoRevolto
Velveeta Goldar

io9 caught wind: http://io9.gizmodo.com/for-the-first...ium=socialflow
RitoRevolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 09:10 PM   #49
TheSentaiGuy
making idiocy an art form

I just want to know why bandai felt it was necessary to remove the wrist swivel and boot swivel on the 5 inch movie rangers. I get cutting costs by doing that on the villans, but the rangers? The skimped on both paint and standard articulation, how much money do they need to save on this movie line? Can their budget not support two different 5 inch figure lines? I would have figured, that if they had to choose between putting money into the movie line vs the main one, they would choose the movie, as it has more potential for bringing in more money. That's just my outsider's opinion though, what the fuck do I know?
TheSentaiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 09:52 PM   #50
⚡Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmssw View Post
The models shown at cons were supported with fishing line. They knew about the issue from day one.

http://news.tokunation.com/wp-conten...gazord_002.jpg

You can see the lines holding it up in this picture from its first appearance.
Keep in mind that in cases like that, those are prototypes/non-final versions. I saw that in person. It was far from finished and held together by various means like clay, glue, pins, the fishing line etc, just so they could display it.

Morgan Lamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 10:36 PM   #51
⚡Sadsmileyface
Measuring up.
eBay

Maybe it broke because it toppled over.
Sadsmileyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2017, 12:11 AM   #52
⚡Titanium321

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitoRevolto View Post
It's amazing that wasn't just a piece about how Power Rangers is terrible unless you're making fun of it and will ruin Sentai as a result considering how they cover PR and Sentai stuff.
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2017, 01:06 PM   #53
big smile
Power Ranger

I always thought they would skip Zyuohger, as the Space theme is too strong to pass up on. But if Ban Dai America was involved with Kyuranger then it's virtually certain that it will get adapted.

Hopefully, they can do a bit of gender bending and turn two of the male rangers into females. I know female figures don't sell that well, but 6 male figures in the line should hopefully be enough.
big smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2017, 01:48 PM   #54
Hmm12345
Power Ranger

Are there any transcripts of the no pink spandex interviews? Id prefer to read them than to listen to them.
Hmm12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2017, 11:53 PM   #55
MegaBlue
BullBlack, is that you?

Re: Kyuranger/Male Ranger Count - I don't think they'll be gender-bending anyone if Kyuranger gets imported. This is Bandai America. I'd be more surprised if they actually used several separate body molds to incorporate everyone's different physical attributes than if they turned Yellow into a girl. "6 male figures in the line should be enough"? Dino Charge's un-powered-up Ranger figure count is 11 (12 if you count Supercharge Tyler) and, of those, only TWO are girls. Throw in 9 Dino Drive Rangers (2 of which are girls) and 10 Superdrive Rangers (2 of which are girls), and that's a heck of a sausage party Bandai's got going on. As it is, we're only getting Poisandra because of two years' worth of nagging on social media.

You're forgetting that BoA had a hand in the development of Kyuranger. They knew what they were doing. More guys = more merchandise = more $.
MegaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2017, 09:47 AM   #56
big smile
Power Ranger

^ Yeah, you are right. It's too bad things have changed so much since the 90s. I guess shrinking sales means they have no option but to focus on the boys.
big smile is offline   Reply With Quote