RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > FanFiction

Old December 27th, 2016, 09:48 PM   #641
zedd_heart_rita
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownRangerKev View Post
I've made a few minor changes to the remaining arch this season. Mainly, I've cut the Changing of the Zords three parter completely. I've replaced it with one episode that ought to bridge the gap and cover most of what would have happened in that three parter anyway.

That three parter felt a little dry to me on paper, and with this season going on three years already, I'd like to wrap it up sooner than later. The Shogunzords will exist, but will not be used for any of my remaining chapters and will likely not be mentioned.
Seeing as you were planning for Season 3 to end with "A Different Shade Of Pink" it's not like there was much use of the Shogunzords before then anyway

Looking forward to seeing how the remainder of the season plays out

Last edited by zedd_heart_rita; December 27th, 2016 at 11:34 PM.
zedd_heart_rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2016, 09:54 PM   #642
zedd_heart_rita
Power Ranger

Quote:
16: Switching Places: Instead of Billy switching brains with Kim, Robbie switches brains with her. And while Robbie’s body is now dressed up very clean and pretty boyish (Kim stating ‘It used to be like a jungle’) Kim’s body spends all day in the shower.
BAHAHAHA how did I miss this?

Quote:
59. Mighty Morphin Mutants: Beats up mutant Tommy to the delight of the others. Incidentally, Robbie did not think he was beating up mutant Tommy.
I will still cheer

Quote:
60. An Oysters Stew: Gives Zack bad advice on how to ‘bag’ Angela; telling him all women want you to take her out to an expensive dinner and buy her jewelry, stating ‘If your credit cards still have a balance in them, you’re doing it wrong.’ Kimberly and Trini disagree with him, until he volunteers’ to buy them drinks.
Where did Robbie get his fake ID? hahaha

Last edited by zedd_heart_rita; December 27th, 2016 at 09:59 PM.
Old December 27th, 2016, 11:26 PM   #643
zedd_heart_rita
Power Ranger

Last edited by zedd_heart_rita; December 28th, 2016 at 12:18 AM.
Old December 30th, 2016, 12:18 PM   #644
BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedd_heart_rita View Post
BAHAHAHA how did I miss this?

I will still cheer

Where did Robbie get his fake ID? hahaha

Haha. You're about six years late. But glad you got a kick out of them. It was sort of forced out of me by early readers that wanted more context into why Robbie was suddenly there. Granted it was lazy of me to not do it earlier.
BrownRangerKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2017, 10:15 AM   #645
zedd_heart_rita
Power Ranger

I hope that Brown Ranger Kev doesn't mind, but I've had a story boiling up inside me that I had to start writing down. This is the prologue to my take on "Changing of the Zords". If BRK likes it, he's welcome to incorporate it into his series. Otherwise, we can consider it an "alternate timeline" (like the Power Rangers movie was)...
Please let me know what you all think

CHANGING OF THE ZORDS

PROLOGUE:

TODAY'S EPISODE BEGINS WITH A SLIDESHOW OF PHOTOGRAPHS OF (MOSTLY JAPANESE) PEOPLE, ACCOMPANIED BY “AMAZING GRACE” PLAYED ON BAGPIPES. IT IS THE ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF RITA REPULSA'S LAST AND MOST DESTRUCTIVE ASSAULT ON ANGEL GROVE, WHICH SNUFFED OUT DOZENS OF LIVES AND DESTROYED MOST OF THE INDUSTRIAL DISTRICT. THE CAMERA PANS OUT, TO REVEAL THE RANGERS WATCHING THE MONTAGE ON TELEVISION.

KIM: Wow, that's a lot of people...

BILLY: Affirmative. It does make one wonder if we actually did any good...

TOMMY: Didn't we go through this guilt trip with Jason last season? We all know that the death toll would have been MUCH higher if we hadn't intervened...

ROCKY: Who's Jason?

ROBBIE: Quiet, all of you! Let's leave the past in the past, we have more important things to worry about... Remember, we're only watching this because it's the new mayor's first television appearance. With the hatred he spread during the election campaign, we need to know what propaganda he is going to try to spread so we know what we have to rally against...

AS THE LAST FEW BARS OF “AMAZING GRACE” FADE OUT, THE NEW MAYOR “RICO REVOLTEZ” TAKES TO THE PODIUM IN FRONT OF THE NEWLY ERECTED MEMORIAL STATUE.

MAYOR: Ladies and Gentlemen, it is with great sorrow that we remember the senseless loss of life of countless of Angel Grove's citizens. The pain suffered by the friends and family members who remain is unimaginable. Add to that the hundreds who have been made homeless and left without a place to make a living and provide for their families, you have my assurance that the new administration will not rest until every citizen is back on their feet, all buildings and infrastructure are restored, and those who are responsible are held accountable for the misery they have caused!

ADAM: Wow, that actually doesn't sound so bad...

AISHA: Typical male pig...

BILLY: That's called a “boar”...

AISHA: Well I sure am bored by him. Wasn't he carrying on about fixing the budget? This sounds like it'll blow it out. Breaking promises the moment he's elected...

ROBBIE: SHUT UP!

MAYOR: For this reason, it is my pleasure to announce that new laws have been passed by our local parliament. The culprits responsible are the Power Rangers!

ALL SEVEN OF THE RANGERS' MOUTHS OPEN WIDE IN SHOCK...

MAYOR: While they are not to blame for our town being constantly attacked by aliens, they ARE to blame for consistently escalating the danger by engaging in battle. They whip out their weapons without thinking of who might be caught in the crossfire, and their gigantic fighting robots have caused so much destruction to our buildings that we may never be able to pay back the debt that the previous administration incurred to replace them over and over again...

KIM: He can't be serious... Do you think anyone will actually buy this baloney?

THE SHOCKING CLAIMS ARE SURPRISINGLY ACCOMPANIED BY A GREAT DEAL OF APPLAUSE AND CHEERING...

RANDOM CITIZEN IN AUDIENCE: Power Rangers! I KNEW it was dem! Even when it was da Muslims I knew it was dem!

MAYOR: As such, in accordance with the new laws passed in Parliament today, in any alien attack, the vigilante group known as the Power Rangers is FORBIDDEN to attempt to intervene IN ANY WAY. Any violation of this law is punishable by a prison term, the length of which will depend on the severity of their input.

THE SEVEN TEENS ARE SO MOMENTARILY STUNNED BY THIS TURN OF EVENTS THAT THEY ALL STARE BLANKLY INTO SPACE, DEEP IN THOUGHT, WEIGHING UP THEIR OPTIONS. THEY DON'T CATCH MUCH OF THE REMAINDER OF THE MEMORIAL SERVICE, WHICH HAS TURNED INTO A PRESS CONFERENCE, ALTHOUGH MENTIONS OF LEAVING ANY BATTLES TO THE MILITARY, AND BUILDING A MASSIVE ROOF OVER THE ENTIRE TOWN AND HAVING THE ALIENS PAY FOR IT, CAN BE HEARD IN THE BACKGROUND.

ADAM: Oh this is bad, this is very, very bad. I can't get in trouble with the law, I get locked in the basement for getting a B on a test, if I was to be arrested...

AISHA: Don't... finish... that... sentence... this show is racist enough with its African American Black Ranger and Asian Yellow Ranger...

ROCKY: But you're not Asian and Adam's not black...

THE TEAM GROANS...

BILLY: Will you all relax? Has everyone forgotten that we have SECRET IDENTITIES?! What are they going to do? Go all Cinderella on us and see if our helmets fit our heads?

ROBBIE: That was more sass than we usually get from you, Billy... And I loved it... Anyway, have any of you SEEN the quality of the police in this town?

THE RANGERS TURN TO BULK AND SKULL, WHO ARE IN A CORNER ALSO DISCUSSING WHAT THEY JUST SAW...

SKULL: Bulky, you can't be serious about us trying to figure out the secret identities of the Power Rangers again? We haven't done that since last season...

BULK: But can't you imagine the promotions and accolations we'd receive from Lt Stone if we're the ones to put those criminals in front of a judge...

TOMMY: Just how many times have we saved their lives?

KIM: I lost count. Well, what if we do what we can as civilians – help people evacuate during an attack for example – and only engage in battle as a last resort...

ROBBIE: That's a good idea Kim. Why don't we go to the beach and see what vessels are available should we need to get people out of town quickly?

TOMMY: Hey, I'm the leader here...

The team waits for a command...

TOMMY: Let's go to the beach...

A SET OF ARMS WRAPS ITSELF AROUND ROBBIE'S MIDSECTION. HE IS INITIALLY STARTLED, BUT CALMS DOWN WHEN HE REALISES BY HOW SOFT AND DAINTY THEY ARE, THAT THEY BELONG TO HIS ON-AGAIN-OFF-AGAIN GIRLFRIEND, HANNAH MO TANA...

HANNAH: Did I hear someone say “the beach”? Because I just bought a new bikini I've been dying to put to good use...

HOWEVER, AT THAT MOMENT, THE RANGERS' COMMUNICATORS RING...

HANNAH: What's that?

ROBBIE: Oh, that's just my alarm telling me I have to get home to take my Ritalin. Meet you there?

ON THE MOON, RITA AND ZEDD HAVE BEEN WATCHING AS WELL THROUGH THEIR TELESCOPE AND VISOR RESPECTIVELY...

Zedd: YES!!! The plan to make the rangers as hated by the public as we do is going perfectly, my dear.

Rita: Zeddypoo, I knew I didn't marry you for your looks. This is brilliant, soon the rangers will be faced with watching their town be destroyed, or being destroyed themselves by the people they were sworn to protect!

Zedd: And since the most brainless oaf is in charge, we can use him as a puppet to fulfil our own plans!

THEY, AS WELL AS THEIR MINIONS, ALL CACKLE WITH MANIACAL LAUGHTER, BUT IT IS SHORT LIVED AS RITA'S FATHER, MASTER VILE, TELEPORTS INTO THE THRONE ROOM IN A BOLT OF LIGHTNING...

VILE: What a cute little plot you two have come up with. I think I read it in a picture book I was going to read to my newborn grandson before bed...

RITA: Don't you have some dinosaur bones to dig up, you old fossil?

VILE: Mind your attitude, Rita, you're not too big for a spanking!

ZEDD: That's what I said...

VILE: Ew... But to answer your question, no, not dinosaur bones, but what I have uncovered has the power to destroy a whole planet. I just wanted to let you know that I would be conducting some experiments... Which may cause some... discomfort...

THE POWER RANGERS, AFTER BEING CALLED BY ZORDON, HAVE ASSEMBLED IN THE COMMAND CENTRE.

ZORDON: Power Rangers, over the past two years you have all bravely and valiantly put your lives at risk to protect the Earth from the repeated assaults of Rita Repulsa and Lord Zedd. It was never my intention, though, that you should put your own reputations and futures at risk. With the new laws taken into effect today, I wanted to assure you all that should you not want to take the risk of tarnishing your records and putting your freedom on the line, you are more than welcome to retire. You have no reason to feel obligated to continue putting yourselves at risk, and I assure you our feelings won't be hurt.

ROBBIE: Relax Zordon, we aren't going anywhere.

ADAM: Speak for yourself!

ROBBIE: Oh, right, the quitter wants to quit again...

ZORDON: That is enough Robbie. Adam is correct, the decision belongs to each of you. Please each make up your own minds and see me privately. You should keep your individual decision private as well, so that you aren't intimidated by your peers. The sooner you can let us know, the better, so that we can make other arrangements to protect the Earth if necessary.

ALMOST ON CUE, A TELEPHONE RINGS IN THE COMMAND CENTRE.

ALPHA: Ay yi yi, did somebody forget to switch their phone to silent?

ROBBIE: It's the '90s, Alpha, only the richest people have cel-phones.

ZORDON: It's MY old communicator! I haven't used it since I was a Power Ranger over 10 000 years ago. Rangers, observe the Viewing Globe...

IN THE VIEWING GLOBE, A BEING WEARING A POWER RANGER-LIKE COSTUME, CONSISTING OF A GOLDEN SHIELD AND MATCHING HEADPIECE AND CROWN CAN BE SEEN...

ZORDON: It's the Sentinel Knight! Hello old friend...

SENTINEL KNIGHT: Zordon, thank the Morphing Grid that somebody answered! I have sensed a great disturbance in the timeline... Oh, you're not alone...

KIM: Like, would somebody please bring me back down to Earth?

ZORDON: Sentinal Knight, these are my proteges, the Power Rangers and protectors of Earth. Anything you have to say to me you can say to all of them. Rangers, the Sentinel Knight is a close friend of mine. We were Power Rangers together over ten millenia ago.

SENTINEL KNIGHT: Save the reunion for later, buddy. Something has happened to drastically skew the timeline. I sense that the balance of power may tip at any moment...

AT THE SAME TIME, MASTER VILE RETURNS TO LORD ZEDD'S THRONE ROOM...

ZEDD: What do you have for us, Dad? A monster that blows ITSELF up?

VILE: I really hope your male pattern baldness isn't hereditary... Oh wait, that's not a bald spot, it's your missing skull!

RITA: Would you two just give it a rest? The baby is giving me indigestion and heartburn and I'm in no mood for your squabbling...

VILE: I'm sorry daughter-dear. I have actually made an amazing discovery. When I started experimenting with the Orb of Doom...

ZEDD: You just made that up!

VILE: No, in fact it has the power to destroy a whole planet and alter the course of time... But if you're not interested...

ZEDD: (Runs to Master Vile with open arms) PAPA!

VILE: That's better. Anyway, I was conducting an experiment, and the orb started to glow and shine a light like a torch. I followed it, and discovered, of all things, a set of dormant zords. It was like they just appeared out of nowhere! I figured that if you could get your hands on one of the rangers' Ninja zords, you could duplicate its technology and have your own fleet of fighting robots to take over the Earth, just before Vile Jr is born...

RITA: It wouldn't work, you'd need a power source. And I feel queasy, I'm going to have a lie down...

ZEDD: Maybe you should get Finster to look over you.

VILE: In fact, I already have that taken care of...

VILE SHOWS RITA AND ZEDD AN OLD BOTTLE, WHICH HOUSES A NOW VERY WEAK NINJOR...

BACK AT THE COMMAND CENTRE, ZORDON EXPLAINS THE CALL HE JUST RECEIVED.

ZORDON: Over 10 000 years ago, I was the leader of a group of intergalactic Power Rangers. The team consisted of myself, Dulcea, Ninjor, Ivan Ooze, Dimitria of Inquiris, and the Sentinal Knight. The Knight was the most powerful of all. He is a fifth-dimensional being, capable of not only seeing every possible outcome of every possible event, but also capable of manipulating time itself. However, he was also the most careful with his power. Even if the balance of power was to shift, he believed that if it happened naturally, there must have been a reason for it. The only thing he would fight for was free will, and would only intervene if the event and outcome were the result of somebody's free will being suppressed.

KIM: So if he's actually trying to warn us...

TOMMY: This could be the greatest threat that the Power Rangers have ever faced...

To be continued...
Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM   #646
BrownRangerKev
Fan Fiction Writer

Nice story. I also appreciate the enthusiasm for my story. You can make this into it's own thread however.

I don't want people to confuse it with my story. I also think it may get more views as its own thing rather than a comment buried within my 30+ pages.
BrownRangerKev is offline   Reply With Quote