Go Back   RangerBoard > Administration > Announcements

Old June 27th, 2012, 12:47 AM   #41
rquinain
トッキュ6号トッキュ6号。。。?
32 eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
http://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=122047

Wizard posted many of the past teams avatars on there, though now they're consolidated onto a site:

http://www.andrewjaguirre.com/heroes/

He was nice enough to make this avatar for me via PM. <3 Any others you see were either made by wizard for that person, or made by them.
Those are really nice! Haha. Thanks! It was just bugging me where all of those came from xP
And props to wizard too, these are fantastic

Edit: Alright, that OOO driver and the selectable medals is sick.
rquinain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 02:08 AM   #42
Black Power
Acquired Taste

To your knowledge, has anyone on the boards ever shot their own Power Rangers fan production of any sort; short clips, a music video, anything?

And were any of them any good?
Black Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 08:55 AM   #43
MnemonicSyntax
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Power View Post
To your knowledge, has anyone on the boards ever shot their own Power Rangers fan production of any sort; short clips, a music video, anything?

Yes, we've had a few peopel attempt fan productions. In my opinion the ones I saw were decent, but I couldn't actually give you any sort of link off the top of my head because I wouldn't remember.

Celestial Fury is uh... I don't know the status of that fanfilm really. It's supposed to be really big, and high quality, but I've never seen it and I don't even know if it's complete.

--------------------------------------

Yahoo and Hotmail aren't used because back in the day spammers used these two accounts frequently. I recall asking Decade this a long time ago and this was the answer I was given.
MnemonicSyntax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 08:58 AM   #44
ϟDecade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER

Quote:
Please don't colorize your fonts.
I'm using a dark theme, and it makes it really difficult to read, in fact I didn't spot this line until I saw it in MS' quote, then I had to highlight to read it.
Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 12:02 PM   #45
johnboy3434
Jack of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decade View Post
Please don't colorize your fonts.
I'm using a dark theme, and it makes it really difficult to read, in fact I didn't spot this line until I saw it in MS' quote, then I had to highlight to read it.
I think that was intentional, as if he doesn't want that part to be heard "out loud".
johnboy3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 12:04 PM   #46
MnemonicSyntax
Banned

That's what I was thinking too, but users with the "light theme" can see it as well.

Kinda pointless if you ask me.
Old June 27th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #47
Black Power
Acquired Taste

I don't ask nobody nothin'!

But I kindly appreciate your concern, and invite you to be my friend.

Last edited by Decade; June 27th, 2012 at 08:42 PM.
Black Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 02:01 PM   #48
J_S_P
Karate and Friendship

Does anyone have the link to that blog post/article that goes through some of the behind-the-scenes creative choices for MMPR-LG? The one that talks about, for example, the writers expecting more space-themed stuff from Gingaman only to find out the spaceship zords barely appera, and ends with something along the line of "And that's how you break the greatest writer Power Rangers ever had"? I know it's been posted a lot on this site but haven't been able to drudge it up.
J_S_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 02:05 PM   #49
AFPR-DragonRanger
Flour Ranger

http://deriksmith.livejournal.com/4099.html
AFPR-DragonRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 05:07 AM   #50
Cyrax9
VIP Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFPR-DragonRanger View Post
I'm not going to lie; this has been a permanent resident in my bookmarks for awhile now, and I was just about to post it when I saw your reply.

Quote:

Yes, there have been various fan projects. If you like Sentai, you might want to check out Wes_Janson's Boukengers: The (Ultimate) Fan–Dub if you can find a copy of it. Celestial Fury was shown at PMC2 and is definitely worth a look if you can find it. (The production crew keeps tweaking it, but it really is more than presentable at this point.) There are numerous music videos, some better than others, (your mileage may vary,) and probably other projects that I'm missing. There are also projects currently in–the–works, as well as a fan–film thread for them.
Cyrax9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 05:41 AM   #51
MoonsKnight
as The Hopping Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrax9 View Post
There are also projects currently in–the–works, as well as a fan–film thread for them.
99% of them are also known as "Projects that will never materialize."

People generally get all excited about doing them, then realize how hard and, more importantly, time-consuming it is to actually do one. We shot a short, 8-minute Parody film back in my senior year of high school, and even that took, all together, about a week to finish, between school, other activities, and coordinating everyone's schedules and whatnot.

And these days, you have to be kind of wary about even doing music videos, or at least, where you post them. Saban and Toei go after them on Youtube. *Recalls how some of his music videos are essentially lost forever now*
MoonsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 08:33 AM   #52
turbo409uk
(Stephen)

They were actually allowed to do that then? Air rough cuts of something, then clean it up later? Or is it just sarcasm?

http://deriksmith.livejournal.com/4099.html

Quote:
"Uh, Jonathan? You know episode ten or twelve or whatever?"
"Yes Chip? The one that airs this Saturday?"
"It's not ready."
"What, does it need more editing time? We can air a rough cut and clean it up for re-"
"We're still shooting it."
turbo409uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #53
Cyrax9
VIP Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo409uk View Post
They were actually allowed to do that then? Air rough cuts of something, then clean it up later?
Yes, this used to be a very common practice for many productions prior to the popularity of DVD Box Sets and alternative distribution platforms. (It still happens on occasion, but not as frequently as it used to.)

In the case of PR, there were a few episodes that were "tweaked" for future broadcasts in some way or another. Here are a few examples of such instances:
  • Green With Evil: Had the presentation of the episode titles altered
  • The End of Time – Part 1: Was slightly extended on future broadcasts; the original cuts lacked the "buildings being sucked into the sky" for the final scene
  • Welcome to Venus Island – Part 1 (MMPR) originally had some ADR missing

Realistically, these weren't "rough" cuts so much as they were finalized episodes that weren't totally polished; I actually prefer watching The End of Time – Part 1 in its original format. Welcome to Venus Island on the other hand feels incomplete without the additional ADR. Additionally, the "international" episodes were frequently incomplete, because they had to be finished before the "domestic" versions, which could be worked on almost up until they had to air.
Cyrax9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #54
rquinain
トッキュ6号トッキュ6号。。。?
32 eBay

What is safe to put on a windowsill without the risk of its colors fading?
I know stuff printed on paper or cardboard will definitely fade. But what about toys and other plastic?
The windowsill is the only place I can store some of my toys in my room, but my room gets a full on blast of solar rays in the morning. The only casualty so far has been some empty candy ranger key boxes that faded just a little. But I also have figures and stuff on my windowsill. Mega Bloks, vinyls, a few Transformers, etc. Do these have any risk of fading?
I only ask because, a long time ago, I used to put a whole bunch of old Power Rangers figures on my windowsill. And over time, I could have sworn that some of them faded, though I can't be 100% sure. Just want to be safe.
rquinain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #55
raz
Pink Revolution
eBay

So, going by that, they still and possibly the fandom still regarded Time Force as not being "futurey" enough? For pete's sake...

- They traveled from the future in the first episode
- Their zords were transported from the future every episode
- They communicated with the future on a daily basis
- Their knowledge and experience in the future as well as actions in the past had great detriments on the past
- Wes and Alex travel to the Dinosaur age to claim the Q-Rex
- Alex travels to and from the future in an arc 3/4 through the series
- They travel back to the future, and then back to the present, then back to the future in the finale

The whole premise of the show brings up constant dilemmas of fate vs. choice. I didn't see the show as void of time travel.

If this constitutes a simple question, how do you come to that conclusion?
raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #56
AFPR-DragonRanger
Flour Ranger

I'm not someone who particularly has that view, but note their complaint isn't about the series lacking in futureyness. One of the things Chip says in this story is "It's a Matrix ripoff, where everything looks cool and 'futurey.'"

The point is that it's called Time Force, not Future Force. All of your examples except the Q-Rex introduction take place in one of two years and don't involve time travel adventuring.
AFPR-DragonRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #57
MnemonicSyntax
Banned

I'm not sure this thread was designed to turn into a full on discussion thread...
Old June 30th, 2012, 02:50 AM   #58
WhiteBoyRanger1998
Power Ranger

POSSIBLE SPOILER SPACE

I stopped by for a simple easy answer. I think the spin sword artwork picture is from the female shinken red right? So , if that is correct, my main question is , is the artwork pic for the black box morpher shinken female or male?

also, While Im here, I tweaked my black box morpher package a bit. the discs are in the belt and I put the hydro bow disc in the black box and then on the left i put the barracuda blade disc. I like it, my question is, does anyone know can i squeeze the spin sword disc over the belt or will the packaging be too tight for that? I taped it back up and dont wanna open it if I dont have to.

thanks !

I had the sharkzord fig put away for weeks i finally put it out, after having seen shinkenger it looks so cool next to the jayden mega red. his little sister or whatever they do, it looks cool, the shinkenger woulda looked cool like that too. i also finally messed with the megazord and made the folding zords. the lion looks sick he is gaurding the princess. and i like when emily says ape folding zord. ok goodnight

Last edited by MnemonicSyntax; June 30th, 2012 at 07:26 AM.
WhiteBoyRanger1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2012, 07:25 AM   #59
MnemonicSyntax
Banned

I know we're not suppose to "ridicule" anyone, but a few things that might help us help you.

1) Not all of us have Spin Swords or Black Box Morphers. Pictures would help.

2) And uhm... not everyone knows about what you posted. I suggest next time maybe use a spoiler space like I put in your post for you.

Thanks.
Old June 30th, 2012, 10:56 PM   #60
fourze
Power Ranger

Does anyone have a good pepakura Ranger/Kamen Rider helmet base?
Any help would be appreciated
fourze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faq, questions, tags r 4 vips :)