RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Administration > Announcements

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 2nd, 2017, 01:33 PM   #1281
Primo Ron Pink
The Knockout Game
 
Primo Ron Pink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 61,325
Interesting I ran into this, but when I logged out just now, I noticed five phantom pages on the PR movie thread that aren't there when I'm logged in.
Primo Ron Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2017, 01:57 PM   #1282
ϟDecade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER
1
 
Decade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 30,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo Ron Pink View Post
Interesting I ran into this, but when I logged out just now, I noticed five phantom pages on the PR movie thread that aren't there when I'm logged in.
I mentioned this before, the phantom issue was fixed by granting a very small MODERATOR permission to all members.

This cannot be applied to Guests, thus the problem will only exist for guest views.
Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2017, 09:46 AM   #1283
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms
eBay
 
GoldAnyRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 8,751
I'm having a minor problem with the current Movie Discussion Thread. Whenever I click the "Go to First Unread Message" button, or the "Last Page" link from the main page, I have to refresh to actually get there. I also had to refresh after posting in there. I have checked, and I only have this problem in Microsoft Edge, which is my primary browser, (IE, Chrome and Firefox did not have this problem) and only with the current movie discussion thread.
GoldAnyRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2017, 09:49 AM   #1284
ϟDecade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER
1
 
Decade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 30,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldAnyRanger View Post
I'm having a minor problem with the current Movie Discussion Thread. Whenever I click the "Go to First Unread Message" button, or the "Last Page" link from the main page, I have to refresh to actually get there. I also had to refresh after posting in there. I have checked, and I only have this problem in Microsoft Edge, which is my primary browser, (IE, Chrome and Firefox did not have this problem) and only with the current movie discussion thread.
Please try now. Unfortunately, if it's still an issue, there's nothing I can do about it. I'm a Windows 7 user, and have no access to Edge. I can't troubleshoot a browser I can't use.

You'll have to use Firefox or Chrome as the alternative if the problem persists.
Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2017, 10:52 AM   #1285
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms
eBay
 
GoldAnyRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 8,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decade View Post
Please try now. Unfortunately, if it's still an issue, there's nothing I can do about it. I'm a Windows 7 user, and have no access to Edge. I can't troubleshoot a browser I can't use.

You'll have to use Firefox or Chrome as the alternative if the problem persists.
Just went into the thread and didn't have to hit refresh. So, whatever it was, you fixed it. Thanks.
GoldAnyRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2017, 02:34 PM   #1286
Morphinicius
Kamen Rider Gullo
 
Morphinicius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 259
Speaking of spoilers, I can't read on mobile even if I select the text, in other words, the spoilers being a Black Box with No text. Why?
Morphinicius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2017, 02:43 PM   #1287
ϟDecade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER
1
 
Decade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 30,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphinicius View Post
Speaking of spoilers, I can't read on mobile even if I select the text, in other words, the spoilers being a Black Box with No text. Why?
Because it requires highlighting to reveal, I work around this by quoting the post.
Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2017, 02:46 PM   #1288
Morphinicius
Kamen Rider Gullo
 
Morphinicius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decade View Post
Because it requires highlighting to reveal, I work around this by quoting the post.
Huh? I know it requires that to reveal, but What do you mean by "working around this by quoting the post"?
Morphinicius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2017, 02:50 PM   #1289
ϟDecade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER
1
 
Decade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 30,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphinicius View Post
Huh? I know it requires that to reveal, but What do you mean by "working around this by quoting the post"?
You click the "Quote" button below the post as if you're replying to it. It reveals it.
Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2017, 05:40 PM   #1290
Miraculous Bikkun
おす!
 
Miraculous Bikkun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 10,696
So not really tech support question, but the new spoiler tag button is gone from Advanced Reply. I had to manually input it just now (and had fun remembering the code).
Miraculous Bikkun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2017, 08:59 PM   #1291
ϟDecade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER
1
 
Decade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 30,575
It's not, I changed it to "HIDE".
Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2017, 09:22 PM   #1292
Shinken Red_452
Power Ranger
 
Shinken Red_452's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,607
Infected?



Only getting this when visiting RB as of this evening. Presuming it's a possible false positive.
Shinken Red_452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2017, 09:32 PM   #1293
ϟDecade
FINAL KAMEN ATTACK FORM RIDE: OWNER
1
 
Decade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 30,575
That's definitely a false positive. You should be able to exclude our domains in Avast to avoid this issue:
https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB168#idt_04

Add:
rangerboard.com
i.rangerboard.com
Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2017, 11:55 PM   #1294
ViRGE
Retired
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decade View Post
That's definitely a false positive. You should be able to exclude our domains in Avast to avoid this issue:
Aye. This is the 3rd user report I've seen in the last hour of Avast misbehaving. Avast is going bananas tonight.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comm...front_page_of/

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=197572.45
ViRGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.