RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Forums > Discussions

Old December 6th, 2016, 02:52 PM   #401
MK19
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasso_opitz View Post
Coming from someone who loves true 90's coop, this looks so cool. I wooden pay more than $30 but it looks fun.
$30, $15 seems fair for this.... this really should be free to play with paid unlockables. You even get free games with better quality. I will still be a sucker and buy this item
MK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2016, 04:59 PM   #402
mookie
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK19 View Post
$30, $15 seems fair for this.... this really should be free to play with paid unlockables. You even get free games with better quality. I will still be a sucker and buy this item
Do you think there will be DLC for this game at all? I'm guessing Aisha, Rocky, and Adam are included too (I believe I read that somewhere earlier in this thread?), but I'm hoping that we get to choose uh.. which ranger we want to use at certain points.

For instance, I'd rather play as Jason all the way through rather than the red ranger suddenly becoming Rocky, Kim instead of Kat, etc.
mookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 05:21 AM   #403
Aussie-Kat
Power Ranger

I think the newer cast members will be optional to change to. I am excited!!
Aussie-Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 11:48 AM   #404
SgtReed24
Power Ranger

I don't get the hate. I think it looks pretty fun.

Like the old school TMNT sega game I used to play ALL the time. TMNT Hyperstone Heist.
SgtReed24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 04:45 PM   #405
YoKozo
Power Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie View Post
Do you think there will be DLC for this game at all? I'm guessing Aisha, Rocky, and Adam are included too (I believe I read that somewhere earlier in this thread?), but I'm hoping that we get to choose uh.. which ranger we want to use at certain points.

For instance, I'd rather play as Jason all the way through rather than the red ranger suddenly becoming Rocky, Kim instead of Kat, etc.
The press release mentioned they would be unlockable.
YoKozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 04:56 PM   #406
Internutt
Scottish Sentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtReed24 View Post
I don't get the hate. I think it looks pretty fun.

Like the old school TMNT sega game I used to play ALL the time. TMNT Hyperstone Heist.
These types of games are a dime a dozen. What many fans on here want is Power Rangers: Dynasty Warriors, or a PR Battride war. Something with more depth to it than the same generic side scroller PR game we have had for 20 years.

Don't get me wrong, I'm getting this game when it comes out so Bandai start to understand our desire for real PR games, rather than the ftp mobile nonsense PR has received recently.
Internutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 06:08 PM   #407
SgtReed24
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internutt View Post
These types of games are a dime a dozen. What many fans on here want is Power Rangers: Dynasty Warriors, or a PR Battride war. Something with more depth to it than the same generic side scroller PR game we have had for 20 years.

Don't get me wrong, I'm getting this game when it comes out so Bandai start to understand our desire for real PR games, rather than the ftp mobile nonsense PR has received recently.
That doesn't mean it can't still be fun to play...

I guess I never really have gotten the appeal for games like Dynasty Warriors. I mean, I don't expect much from a side scroller but I expect more than just giants mobs and hack n slash from other games.
Old December 7th, 2016, 06:48 PM   #408
hasso_opitz
Blow It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internutt View Post

!!!!

Literally I need a 2014-2016 list of games like this. I need more couch coop games in my life. I had no idea they were common!
hasso_opitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 07:29 PM   #409
Alien of Aquatar
Power Ranger

I wonder, if the green and white rangers are playable at the same time,
what their team up attack would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie View Post

I think it might be like one of those games where on the first play through Rocky will replace Jason or Tommy's white ranger form would replace his green ranger form for the rest of the game (same goes for black, yellow, and pink rangers) but after beating the game the first time you would probably be able to use any character on any level. I honestly hope your way is right because I would like to just play through the whole game as Jason and the Green Ranger.

Last edited by Alien of Aquatar; December 7th, 2016 at 07:28 PM.
Alien of Aquatar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 10:47 PM   #410
GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

Quote:
!!!!

Literally I need a 2014-2016 list of games like this. I need more couch coop games in my life. I had no idea they were common!
You may need to read better. He said PR games as side scrollers, not games in general. Pretty much 90% of PR games are side scrollers.
GalaxyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2016, 01:59 PM   #411
galactabeast99
Power Ranger

how could this possibly qualify for xbox one it looks worse then a xbox original game
galactabeast99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2016, 02:04 PM   #412
hasso_opitz
Blow It

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyRed View Post
You may need to read better. He said PR games as side scrollers, not games in general. Pretty much 90% of PR games are side scrollers.
Meow, pussy cat.

He replied to someone saying they like games like this, and referenced other franchises, saying they are a "dime a dozen" to a brand new game, making me think there are ones I am unaware of that are new. "These types of games are a dime a dozen" makes me think there are many games like these, and not just Power Ranger ones. Being on a PR board, we should know that by now. So, I chose to take it another way.
Old December 10th, 2016, 03:49 PM   #413
GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

Quote:
Meow, pussy cat.

He replied to someone saying they like games like this, and referenced other franchises, saying they are a "dime a dozen" to a brand new game, making me think there are ones I am unaware of that are new. "These types of games are a dime a dozen" makes me think there are many games like these, and not just Power Ranger ones. Being on a PR board, we should know that by now. So, I chose to take it another way.
But I got what he was saying just fine. He wasn't talking about overall. He specifically said that side scrollers for PR are a dime a dozen. He wasn't talking about other franchises. Just because he said "these type of games" doesn't mean he meant there's plenty of side scrollers out there (there actually is quite a lot out there, by the way, if you know where to look (but they're mostly indie games)). If he meant games for other franchises that are side scrollers, he wouldn't have continued to mention specifically PR right afterwards.
GalaxyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2016, 05:32 PM   #414
hasso_opitz
Blow It

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyRed View Post
But I got what he was saying just fine. He wasn't talking about overall. He specifically said that side scrollers for PR are a dime a dozen. He wasn't talking about other franchises. Just because he said "these type of games" doesn't mean he meant there's plenty of side scrollers out there (there actually is quite a lot out there, by the way, if you know where to look (but they're mostly indie games)). If he meant games for other franchises that are side scrollers, he wouldn't have continued to mention specifically PR right afterwards.
Firstly, no he didn't "specifically say that". He replied to someone bringing up this game and TMNT saying "these games are a dime a dozen". It could've been taken either way.

Secondly, who the hell cares if he didn't mean it that way? I was genuinely thinking he meant there are new side scrolling beat em ups and I wanted to know what they were because I love them. Then you swoop in telling me I should "read better"? What's your deal? If he had a problem with my reply he can take care of himself.
Old December 10th, 2016, 06:34 PM   #415
madmaxlgndklr
Power Ranger
eBay

As excited as I am for this game, I can't spending more than $20 on it. I grew up playing MMPR on the Genesis, and it can't be worse than that.
madmaxlgndklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2016, 03:22 AM   #416
Aussie-Kat
Power Ranger

http://nerdreactor.com/2016/12/12/mi...-past-preview/

Another article. Still hyped, I am hoping I can unlock the other teens early on to use throughout the entire game
Aussie-Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2016, 05:37 AM   #417
RedPowerRanger93
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien of Aquatar View Post

I think it might be like one of those games where on the first play through Rocky will replace Jason or Tommy's white ranger form would replace his green ranger form for the rest of the game (same goes for black, yellow, and pink rangers) but after beating the game the first time you would probably be able to use any character on any level. I honestly hope your way is right because I would like to just play through the whole game as Jason and the Green Ranger.
Same here. I couldn't care less about Rocky, I just want to play as Jason. So let's hope they don't just get replaced automatically during the story.
RedPowerRanger93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2016, 09:06 AM   #418
NightMere10
@thepowerscoop

If you go to Microsoft's website, you can pre-order Mega Battle in a bundle pack with the "Morphenomenal Pack" in which you can play as Rocky, Adam, Aisha, Kat, Tommy (alternate version) and Billy (alternate version).

That bundle releases in March (3/17/2017) according to the site: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...k/c19pfzcgck34

Pre-Order for XBox One (Releases 1/17/2017): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...e/btt0vjv6ngm0

Last edited by NightMere10; December 20th, 2016 at 10:24 PM.
NightMere10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2016, 01:07 PM   #419
SgtReed24
Power Ranger

Dammit, I thought it was supposed to be released in January!!

Old December 20th, 2016, 01:13 PM   #420
DigificWriter
Power Ranger

^ It is being released in January.

Microsoft just has a "bundle pack" that's releasing in March.

Not sure if there's a "bundle pack" release for the PS4, though.
DigificWriter is online now   Reply With Quote