RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Discussion Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 11:13 PM   #641
HikaruonR
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candlejack View Post
Nope. The register only updates on Thursdays at 9am (Wed 7pm Central Time), and no one has noticed anything yet. If something had come up, we'd definitely be talking about it.
Thanks!

For now, I follow the theories about rescue themed sentai, and skip the music themed, however, years before we have a music themed Magical Girl.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:19 PM   #642
Ryoutarou
Dot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candlejack View Post

Hibiki had the lowest toy sales of any Rider series pre-Decade, and probably post-Decade as well. I haven't kept up with anything related to Wizard.
Wizard's overall revenue has it as the lowest since Decade...which is still better than everything before Decade, but it did see a pretty huge drop off from Fourze. It even got to the point where Sentai sold better than Kamen Rider in one quarter and that hasn't happened since Kiva.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:37 AM   #643
dukemon22
Power Ranger

I think I posted this before, but it got glossed over I guess:

The ipdl is doing data restoration until the 25th of the month, so more than likely, we wouldn't get anything until Wednesday at the earliest.

The trademarks are usually applied for a month before they show up on the site.

Last edited by dukemon22; 09-23-2013 at 04:38 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:47 AM   #644
RisingSunRanger
Man behind the mask

Sounds intresting. I'm not crazy about the idea of more animal-faced mecha, but maybe the gimmick will be different this time.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:53 AM   #645
Primo Haim Saban
Presents Giga Goldar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukemon22 View Post
The ipdl is doing data restoration until the 25th of the month, so more than likely, we wouldn't get anything until Wednesday at the earliest. (That's Wednesday over here, Thursday if you're in the states.)
Wouldn't it be the opposite? Japan's fourteen hours ahead of the United States.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:57 AM   #646
Digifiend
RangerWiki sysop

Yeah, Dukemon, that'd be Tuesday in the US - which is when we was expecting the copyright info to show up anyway.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:38 AM   #647
dukemon22
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
Yeah, Dukemon, that'd be Tuesday in the US - which is when we was expecting the copyright info to show up anyway.
lol, my bad. That's what I get for typing sleepy.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:44 AM   #648
Underground Blue
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry Jam View Post
It doesn't matter whether or not it's a central theme or a minor theme, dancing two years in a row isn't going to happen. They sell different toys by switching themes, it's just what they do.
Yes, the trend has been what you've said, but one never knows what could happen. Crazy things could happen. It doesn't mean they will.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #649
SmashZ
Power Ranger

Quote:
Actually, Gaim doesn't have those eyes either, and I think he looks even more removed from the design.
Gaim has the "crusher"-type mouth plate though, calling back to Rider 1's mouth plate. It hadn't been used for a main Rider since Kuuga and Agito, IIRC.

Quote:
That's a bit reductive. Was it the toys, the slow-paced nature of the show, or any number of other factors. Maybe music just wasn't in at the time.
Suite PreCure, music themed magical girls, also was one of the worst performing Cure series, only beating one other season from 5 years or so before Suite. After two failures related to music toys, I don't think Toei will try again.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #650
Deus
"Allons-y"
32 eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPhantom245 View Post
I disagree.
IMO, 3-men teams mecha (Engine-oh, Go-Busters Oh) in recent years has better design than 5-men team.
5-men team mecha in recent years feel so.... incomplete.
If forces you to buy more additional mechas to make it "complete"; it's one of those gimmicks that Bandai uses to make profit.
Because of that you get hideous abomination like EngineOh G12 (Why? Engine-Oh was good enough) or Samurai Haoh.
Even individual pieces looks bland and unimpressive IMO, especially Goseiger which looks like sex toys.
At least, Kyoryuger (5-men team on 3-piece mechs) is somewhat descent.
See, that's what I'm talking about. I like the Kyoryuger mecha individually (breaking issues aside), but I feel like they're poorly designed as far as combinations go. You have one zord that makes the entire megazord and everything else is just an arm, and out of those arms there are only two original molds. The secondary mecha (pteragordon, plesion, bragigas) all have nice combinations, but again, they're only able to combine one at a time and there are a ton of extra pieces left over. That's what I meant about Gekiranger: you have one main mecha that combines with four other mecha separately, but not at the same time...and then the final form uses none of those.I understand that some people don't like the giant cluster mecha, but when I display my mecha I like to show them in their final form, and to me it, feels more complete when I can combine everything together rather than having tons of leftover parts at the end of the series.

But more to my point, the main reason I say that 3-man teams (I'm including Kyoryuger since they have 3-man mecha) have poor design is because they often rely on a single mecha to make the majority of the robo/megazord and the others are added as an afterthought: Hurricaneger (entire body lion, hawk head, dolphin arm), Abaranger (entire body T-rex, Ptera head, Tricera arm), Gekiranger (entire body Tiger, Jaguar leg, Cheeta leg), Kyoryuger (entire body T-Rex, two interchangeable arms).

I feel like going back to something like Zyuranger/MMPR with 5 mecha that all combine cohesively with one or two meaningful secondary mecha which make multiple combos, would be best. Instead, we get "stick-this-piece-here" combinations, like Go-Onger (sitting toripter and jetras on the shoulders should not be considered a combo, and those mecha are incapable of doing anything else). I'd also be fine with going back to a single mecha robo, like Megaranger/Space if it was designed well and didn't have extra mecha that only existed for the sake of making a fake combination.

Last edited by Deus; 09-23-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #651
Rey_Alejandro
Hispanic at the disco

But on the other side of that, you have the Shinkenger/Goseiger/Gokaiger kind of mechs that are just torso-arm-arm-leg-leg. I'm not a fan of those combinations, and I'd prefer something more along the lines of Boukenger. It's kinda parts-former-ish, but it still has individual forms as well as a super big cluster mech.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #652
Gold Samurai
Power Ranger

If it's a rescue theme then I'd like the gimmick to be rescue tools.

Similar to Hurricanger and the kakuri balls.

-Chainsaw

-Hammer

-Mace

-Jaws of Life
Old 09-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #653
Merlin
The Phoenix Reborn

The Jaws of Life becoming the Jaws of Death for monsters? I approve.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:06 PM   #654
Primo Haim Saban
Presents Giga Goldar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
The Jaws of Life becoming the Jaws of Death for monsters? I approve.

"Try me!"
Old 09-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #655
Dinorider37
Harness the Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post
If it's a rescue theme then I'd like the gimmick to be rescue tools.

Similar to Hurricanger and the kakuri balls.

-Chainsaw

-Hammer

-Mace

-Jaws of Life
Fire Axe and Hatchet would also be nice.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #656
Titanium321

I'm officially starting the "There is no Sentai this year" rumor.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #657
Dinorider37
Harness the Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanium321 View Post
i'm officially starting the "there is no sentai this year" rumor.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:06 PM   #658
TOQ-1
Chuggin'

It's being replaced by a new Gavan show.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #659
Dinorider37
Harness the Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry Jam View Post
It's being replaced by a new Gavan show.
I heard a new Ultraman is taking it's place.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #660
Ryoutarou
Dot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinorider37 View Post
I heard a new Ultraman is taking it's place.
Well there's your first mistake in creating a rumor, thinking Ultraman could ever return as a full length TV series.

(tsuburaya makes me sad these days)
Closed Thread

Tags
choochoo power traingers, go go bootleg rangers, obligatory train wreck, on the wrong track, overreaction over suits, pesky human, rescue zenkai!, still no fact come later, yellow overreaction