RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Discussion Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old May 20th, 2013, 02:12 PM   #2981
Infernal1125
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirubaa View Post
So because the red isn't with a constant pouty face and it's not always dusk, the show isn't serious?
umm, no? When the red is a 'LOL be my friend, nothing's ever wrong, hey check me out I'm trying so hard to be likable!' and does so in such an extreme manner that he makes the show seem comical at best, then yes, the show isn't serious.

Like i said, i like Kyoryuger, the rest of the cast is great for a laid back, yet still sentai series with some great stuff. The fact that it isn't trying to be super serious is one of its charms.

It's Daigo's being a constant annoying cunt that everyone has to love in show that gets to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenotome View Post
Really? Just because that consequences are not that grand yet doesn't mean the show is lacking seriousness. We're only 14 episodes in.
Where did I say that in what you quoted?

A show doesn't need grand consequences to be taken seriously, and Kyoryuger from the start has been non-serious... thought the first few episodes made that pretty clear. There is nothing wrong with Kyoryuger, just Daigo to me. He alone thrusts the very image of annoyance in my face and leaves a bad taste.

Call me when the next red shows up and isn't trying so much to get my attention
Old May 20th, 2013, 02:16 PM   #2982
Shirubaa
Mr. Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal1125 View Post
umm, no? When the red is a 'LOL be my friend, nothing's ever wrong, hey check me out I'm trying so hard to be likable!' and does so in such an extreme manner that he makes the show seem comical at best, then yes, the show isn't serious.

Like i said, i like Kyoryuger, the rest of the cast is great for a laid back, yet still sentai series with some great stuff. The fact that it isn't trying to be super serious is one of its charms.

It's Daigo's being a constant annoying cunt that everyone has to love in show that gets to me.
So what would you change to make the show serious?
Old May 20th, 2013, 02:20 PM   #2983
Infernal1125
Power Ranger

Quote:
So what would you change to make the show serious?
Kill Daigo. Make him have a horrifyingly graphic death in which all his organs are splattered over the screen. /sarcasm.

But, I'm pretty sure I've stated numerous times that Daigo is the problem to me. So, how else do you think I'd change the show? Maybe stop making him such a blind optimist that makes eveyrone change on the drop of a fucking dime...orrr restart the show without him how wonderful that would be.

I don't see why this is bothering everyone, like damn.
Old May 20th, 2013, 02:28 PM   #2984
Shirubaa
Mr. Silver

Cuz he's a likeable guy, and he's not stupid. All his crazy ideas are based on him knowing what's up with people and effort, not just blind luck and idiocy.
Old May 20th, 2013, 02:30 PM   #2985
Kirito
#HUNTER2015

Yeah man, fuck Daigo for trying to be a good person and look on the bright side and try to get along with people.

What an asshole!
Old May 20th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #2986
wizard
VIP NOW

Quote:
Cuz he's a likeable guy, and he's not stupid. All his crazy ideas are based on him knowing what's up with people and effort, not just blind luck and idiocy.
You could have just said, "he's not Alata."
Old May 20th, 2013, 03:56 PM   #2987
Shirubaa
Mr. Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard View Post
You could have just said, "he's not Alata."
I totally wasn't thinking that but decided to avoid the ensuing posts with hatred for Goseiger...

Old May 20th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #2988
Infernal1125
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry Jam View Post
Yeah man, fuck Daigo for trying to be a good person and look on the bright side and try to get along with people.

What an asshole!
Funny how that terrible phrasing of words can make any character look good and the person that doesn't like them not so much.

'Yeah, fuck this guy for having an opinion about a character, I mean who is he to like and not like a certain character, even if they may or may not be overdoing it? Fuck opinions on forums and people that don't agree with mine!'

@Shiruuba, 'likeable' is a matter of opinion, which I don't see why people can't get it that I don't like him.. He's not likable from my point of view, don't see why everyone and their mother has to come out and tell me the opposite, it's not going to make me like him any more than I already do.

Meh like I said, call me when the next red is announced and isn't a total eye, ear and mindsore.

Speaking of which, where can episode 13 be watched? Everywhere seems to have taken down the sub....that and Akibaranger
Old May 20th, 2013, 04:55 PM   #2989
GreenNinja
Vivid Aoi Operation

Okay, this has gone far enough. Watch your tone and even if an agreement can't be reached, at least be respectful to the other side. This goes for both sides.
Old May 20th, 2013, 04:56 PM   #2990
Kirito
#HUNTER2015

I don't have an issue with you not liking Daigo. I just don't necessarily agree with your reasoning. I apologize, I didn't need to be so rude about it.
Old May 20th, 2013, 04:57 PM   #2991
Primo Haim Saban
Sailor Mooned

Quote:
Speaking of which, where can episode 13 be watched?
PM sent.
Old May 21st, 2013, 06:31 AM   #2992
Infernal1125
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry Jam View Post
I don't have an issue with you not liking Daigo. I just don't necessarily agree with your reasoning. I apologize, I didn't need to be so rude about it.
Hence 'Opinion' and my constant use of it. Same reason I don't agree with the logic and reasoning of liking him. Either way, we're passed that now. 38 more eps to go =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo View Post
PM sent.
Thanks!

The social awkwardness in episode 13 is off the charts! When Souji pulled out that second gift I almost died xD. I see what people meant about the special effects, though...seems like the same ones htey use in most toku 'super exaggerated fake tears' scenes..I mean isn't there a popular meme for one?

Seeing the other MECH with 3 people was also awesome too and ganster Utchy (Ucchi?), we need to see more of!
Old May 21st, 2013, 07:35 AM   #2993
mitofox
Power Ranger

Oh hey! New potential merchandise spotted!

The Deboss Hyper Space-Time Bomb GYM BALL.
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:02 AM   #2994
Infernal1125
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitofox View Post
Oh hey! New potential merchandise spotted!

The Deboss Hyper Space-Time Bomb GYM BALL.
From episode 14? I still need to see that ep... but...I'd buy what you just advertised to me! This show had me with merchandise lolz at the Gabutyra sleeping bag!
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:05 AM   #2995
mitofox
Power Ranger

Quote:
From episode 14? I still need to see that ep... but...I'd buy what you just advertised to me! This show had me with merchandise lolz at the Gabutyra sleeping bag!
You can make your own.

Just need a stencil of the Deboss Legion logo and the words "B O M B" and spray-paint with gold paint on a black gym ball.

. . . yeaaaah . . . Special Effects Failure is always fun.
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:21 AM   #2996
usdutchkitty
Cheetah Ranger

I just watched it and it seemed to give off a slight Avengers feel when they went into space to get rid of the bomb. I know it was all 6 of them instead of one but it just caught off guard.
Old May 21st, 2013, 10:38 AM   #2997
HowlingSnail
Power Ranger

As I have my German GCSE TOMORROW, I decided to pause on Amy's test paper at the start, and I can see why she did so badly.
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:26 PM   #2998
Mr Tuesday II
I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal!

Luckiero sure likes doing that Henshin Dance

This week's monster brought back some bad school memories. Although, I was expecting him to run his nails down his chalkboard face to annoy with the sound.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 01:51 AM   #2999
timegold
Imagin Nation

Luckiero sure got lucky this time, stumbling on the portal and the Gaburevolver only by chance. It's funny, though - the final thing that seemed too good to be true (finding the magna) was in fact too good to be true. Deboss scorns humanity, and distraction by a human creation was Luckiero's undoing.

Also on the subject of reversals was teachers and the roles of Amy and Utsusemimaru. They've been providing balance for each other, and balance is also what Gentle's instruction needs - not too antiquated, but not too avant-garde.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 04:45 AM   #3000
Myzou
The One You Love to Hate

I feel so bad for Candy and Lucky. Ugh. I understand they're the generals of Happiness and Smiles, but do they really have to make them so easy to be sympathetic for?
Closed Thread

Tags
dancing with the dinos, girls beating dinos? ha!, i'm filled with regret, oh my!, ridiculoid megazord, stop with the doomsaying, tomatsu fanclub central, viva ramirez, wow!