RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Discussion Forums > FanFiction

Old May 7th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #41
FreshMaker
Power Ranger

This really is starting to pick up! It all looks amazing. You thinking about adding the Dragonzord and Titanus?
FreshMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 06:06 PM   #42
ModRn
venus

These are seriously amazing and I can't wait to see the finished product. Honestly they look very professional and you clearly put 100% effort into making them as accurate as possible.
ModRn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 12:06 AM   #43
moviefreaq
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshMaker View Post
This really is starting to pick up! It all looks amazing. You thinking about adding the Dragonzord and Titanus?
Yup, I have recently acquired a Dragonzord toy and will be modeling it after I finish modeling, texturing and rigging the Megazord. I am still debating about Titanus, but will probably end up doing it too (if for no other reason than to complete the set)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModrnEerie View Post
These are seriously amazing and I can't wait to see the finished product. Honestly they look very professional and you clearly put 100% effort into making them as accurate as possible.

Thank you to all who have been commenting, it's always great to hear that people are enjoying seeing them get made as much as I'm enjoying making them. It does take a bit longer but I want to make sure that what i put out is the best I can make instead of just settling for "good enough" or "passable". It's always great to see/ hear people recognize the work that went into it (not to mention that it is a very humbling experience).

The Pterodactyl is almost complete (just needs the wings, head and a couple of minor detail tweaks, so it will be up soon.
moviefreaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 03:15 AM   #44
ModRn
venus

So, are these mostly still images or will you be able to fully animate them however you like?

Would be very cool if this segued into an even bigger project.
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:02 AM   #45
turbo409uk
(Stephen)

I shall hijack your thread to post one of my own

Last edited by turbo409uk; May 16th, 2012 at 11:54 AM.
turbo409uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:11 AM   #46
santaskid
Power Ranger

Quote:
So, are these mostly still images or will you be able to fully animate them however you like?

If i'm not mistaken, the topic starter is making them as accurate as possible using 3 or so different sources. And since from the looks of things the Tyranno had the details in the legs to be folded up to form the megazord. If intended as simple still images the topic starter wouldn't of had to take the time to make it Look nice and be "functional"

Basically 3 sources - Toy design, Sentai Suit design, and Individual tv zord designs... So using those three the topic starter has tried to compile an accurate/proper 3D rendering. With all this work I assume it will be rigged and animated at some point.
santaskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 12:38 PM   #47
ModRn
venus

Mind you, when I say "bigger project" I meant beyond a transformation sequence. I'm sure it's too early to bring up something like that...but since when have RBers never jumped the gun.
Old May 10th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #48
wt01
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Lamia View Post
I'm always quite surprised when I hear about people that didn't realise that. I mean, they're all in the group cockpit when it's slowly rising up out of Tank Mode, while the Pterodactyl is flying around with the silver "window" facing the ground, then it flies upside-down while the Rangers are just facing forwards towards some mountains.
Then there's the markings around the cockpit window that match the Megazord's face (although the yellow bit from the forehead has been moved down)... And then there are things like when Tommy burst in the cockpit by going into the back of the Megazord's head...
and for this I thank you...cause I wasnt 100% sure on where they were cause sometimes i thought it was the chest and sometimes the head...now I know...and knowing is half the battle...lol...
wt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #49
Willy105
*explosion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviefreaq View Post
Just thought I'd give a short quick updated render since the Pterodactyl is going so fast (it's almost halfway done). The whole zord should be done tomorrow-ish (including the infamous cannons) leaving only the two feet/ legs left to do.

anywho, here is the pic:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-D-ilE1HELq.../ptera+010.png

I am looking forward to making the windows since I have a few Ideas for how to give them that silver texture but making it look like windows.

well, look forward to the next post with the completed Pterodactyl and nearly completed Megazord.
You're models are so good, they are even better than those used for the MMPR movie.

Willy105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:22 AM   #50
moviefreaq
Power Ranger

The (half) completed Megazord

It's great to have the boards back after a couple of days of being down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo409uk View Post
I shall hijack your thread to post one of my own

Hijack away. Nice model.

Quote:

Oh, there will be animations *insert devious look and half crazed laugh*. The transformation sequence is just the beginning (basically a test to see if all is working as it should and for a nice animation exercise) I have a few ideas for short animations, but I won't be thinking too much about that until I'm done with the trifecta (modeling/ texturing/ rigging) But I will say this, Dragonzord Vs. Godzilla.

And now on to the main event, the big guy you've all been waiting for (well, half of him anyway) I present to you the completed Pterodactyl and the upper half of the Megazord:

and just to see what he would look like in his natural environment, here's a desktop:

I have a few more renders up and a couple more desktops on my deviant art account: moviefreaq.deviantart.com

I love how these models are coming along and am looking forward to
Three down and two to go before texturing and rigging, and then on to the desert: Dragonzord.

Anywho, next up is the Triceratops.
Old May 11th, 2012, 08:59 AM   #51
FreshMaker
Power Ranger

That Pterodactyl is clean! I'll keep F5ing this thread!

Sweet Megazord reflection!
Old May 11th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #52
rangermaster
烈車戦隊トッキュウジャー

Now if only the megazord look his awesome when they redid MMPR before doing Samurai. Totally made your picture of the megazord in the city by background.

Totally loving this man
rangermaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 09:57 PM   #53
Uncle Haim Saban
Tale as old as time

Coming along great! I would really like to see the Thunderzords or Turbo zords.
Uncle Haim Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 12:42 AM   #54
FreshMaker
Power Ranger

Might as well do every zord ever! That shouldn't take too long!
Old May 13th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #55
Ric
Power Ranger

I hope you don't mind another hijack but though I'd share my progress on a Dragonzord. I've been working on this on and off for quite a while now but it's getting there. Still a lot of detail to add, some scaling issues etc but it's a WIP:

Once it's finished I intend to make a lower poly version (with normal maps) then look at texturing it. I dream of one day getting it into the UDK to play with...
Ric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #56
Uncle Haim Saban
Tale as old as time

that looks really nice. Keep up the great work! I wish I had that kind of talent.
Uncle Haim Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 09:44 PM   #57
moviefreaq
Power Ranger

it has a nice chibi look to it.
Old May 14th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #58
turbo409uk
(Stephen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviefreaq View Post
it has a nice chibi look to it.
How did you create the M's on the Megazord shoulders?

When I did mine, I ended up using Daizyujin sticker scans, then applying them to the model. Same with the chest.
turbo409uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #59
Zeltrax541
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
I hope you don't mind another hijack but though I'd share my progress on a Dragonzord. I've been working on this on and off for quite a while now but it's getting there. Still a lot of detail to add, some scaling issues etc but it's a WIP:

-SNIP-

Once it's finished I intend to make a lower poly version (with normal maps) then look at texturing it. I dream of one day getting it into the UDK to play with...
That DragonZord model looks amazing, and so do the other Megazord models of Kakurei Daishogun, Super Zeo Megazord, Red BattleZord, Zeo Megazord, and the other zords.

I'd like to ask a question to both Ric and turbo409uk:
Could these models work in MikuMikuDance?
Zeltrax541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #60
Ric
Power Ranger

I imagine they could be made to work for it if they were set-up and rigged properly. It's not something I've ever used.
Ric is offline   Reply With Quote