RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Discussion Forums > Merchandise Discussion

Closed Thread

Old May 6th, 2012, 12:46 AM   #1
redracer2004
正義と勇気の力! 新世紀の勇者! レッドレーサー!

Did I do wrong to this ebay seller on ebay Malaysia?

Alright, I'll just tell a story but don't go guessing if you know what happened.
A few minutes ago, I was browing Ebay Malaysia and found a Singapore seller who's quite popular has begun selling more of his stuffs on Ebay Malaysia.

An auction of him caught my eyes, All 4 Buster Gears was put up at US$40 BIN in ONE SINGLE LOT. Without thinking, I pressed Buy It Now and I bought that through ebay Malaysia.

http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/Buster-Ge...item33758fb87d

Obviously, I can't miss this deal out, am I right?

Question is, did I do the wrong thing?
Would I still get the item or would he just deny the transaction altogether?
Old May 6th, 2012, 12:52 AM   #2
KamenRiderTorque
Final Vent

you should contact him asking if he will ship to your country
Old May 6th, 2012, 12:54 AM   #3
MnemonicSyntax
Banned

We don't know. He can deny the transaction and you can leave him negative feedback, but with only four transactions completed, he may not care if it ruins his rep and starts over.

Or he could just explain the issue was a mistake and change it.
Old May 6th, 2012, 12:54 AM   #4
redracer2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamenRiderTorque View Post
you should contact him asking if he will ship to your country
He will. He posted on Ebay Malaysia and I am froim Ebay Malaysia.
That's why I am confident he will but then again I am afraid he might void the deal because he's losing 3/4 or more on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnemonicSyntax View Post
We don't know. He can deny the transaction and you can leave him negative feedback, but with only four transactions completed, he may not care if it ruins his rep and starts over.

Or he could just explain the issue was a mistake and change it.
Which means I need to pay the original price for them?
Old May 6th, 2012, 01:01 AM   #5
KamenRiderTorque
Final Vent

well even if you pay the shipping from him to you, im sure youll still be getting a pretty sweet deal
Old May 6th, 2012, 01:03 AM   #6
MnemonicSyntax
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redracer2004 View Post
Which means I need to pay the original price for them?
I don't know. Your question cannot be answered by us. Best case scenario, you get the items for a steal. Worst case, he cancels the auction and bails. Middle case, he sends you a message saying the price was a mistake, and works with you on a fair price.

Either way, we have no clue. It's up to the seller.
Old May 6th, 2012, 01:07 AM   #7
redracer2004

Quote:
I don't know. Your question cannot be answered by us. Best case scenario, you get the items for a steal. Worst case, he cancels the auction and bails. Middle case, he sends you a message saying the price was a mistake, and works with you on a fair price.

Either way, we have no clue. It's up to the seller.

Thanks.
Just that I am not sure if this seller might just ban me from buying from him anymore in the future. Doubt the middle case scenario will bring any good because the price was too low to even begin with.
Old May 6th, 2012, 01:15 AM   #8
MnemonicSyntax
Banned

If he does that, leave him negative feedback (or neutral if you get the items but then bans you) and explain why.

This isn't your fault.
Old May 6th, 2012, 01:17 AM   #9
redracer2004

Quote:
If he does that, leave him negative feedback (or neutral if you get the items but then bans you) and explain why.

This isn't your fault.
Yeah, you're right it's not my fault.
I had a little thought that if I were to just inform him and tell him that his price was wrong on that, I won't get anything except for a thank you. And then again, if it wasn't me, it would have been another buyer for sure.
Old May 6th, 2012, 01:26 AM   #10
FreakinMachine
Banned

To be honest, while I do tons of research on eBay before posting my own auctions... even if they say "I will only ship to this country," if someone from another country bids on it and wins, they can still get in trouble for refusing the sale.

I had this happen with some Zeo Zords a few weeks ago, guy from Australia bought them. He realized once he bid that I labeled "US only" and contacted me. I told him no worries, as long as he paid the full shipping cost I didn't have any problem sending them out to him, which cost almost as much as the zords as it turns out... still think I got massively screwed by the post office on that one.

Anyway... about a week ago, which was a week after I shipped them, I did some research on what would have happened if I refused the sale.

Yes... he can refuse the sale, but you still reserve the right to leave negative feedback, and eBay is not going to remove it from his account just because of the listing. The only thing he could do, as already stated, is block you from ever seeing his auctions again.

But I would say, if you are willing to pay for any shipping costs, I doubt he will care all that much.

It happens.

Only thing I worry about is what's actually going to be in those boxes when you get them. He either had no idea what he had, or he put the wrong price when he listed them.
Old May 6th, 2012, 04:47 AM   #11
ReD-X
Power Ranger

Ive refused to ship abroad before and had no repercussions, but mostly if someone from abroad does bid on my items I will ship it to them if they pay the extra however these days I don't give them the option for cheapest shipping *without tracking or anything* as it came back to bite me in the ass before (someone brought something I had labeled UK only, sent it to America, he claimed he never recived it he won the paypal dispute, after I lost the dispute I searched his email on facebook and found his "OMG AS IF I GOT THIS FOR FREE" with pictures of said item, I tried contacting him, ebay n paypal but just had to in the end accept my loss, saw him bidding on one of my items again a while back I removed his bids I refuse to send to him again) anyway hope the seller is cool and ships it to you
Old May 6th, 2012, 05:45 AM   #12
origionalrangerfan
Lucky Hat
32 eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReD-X View Post
Ive refused to ship abroad before and had no repercussions, but mostly if someone from abroad does bid on my items I will ship it to them if they pay the extra however these days I don't give them the option for cheapest shipping *without tracking or anything* as it came back to bite me in the ass before (someone brought something I had labeled UK only, sent it to America, he claimed he never recived it he won the paypal dispute, after I lost the dispute I searched his email on facebook and found his "OMG AS IF I GOT THIS FOR FREE" with pictures of said item, I tried contacting him, ebay n paypal but just had to in the end accept my loss, saw him bidding on one of my items again a while back I removed his bids I refuse to send to him again) anyway hope the seller is cool and ships it to you
I'm actually going thee this right now with a Brazilian eBayer claiming that he didn't approve the item but I have saved messages saying he wanted the item as well a filed complaint/investigation order with the Brazil post system of him wanting the item asking where it is. I just have to figure out how to add the e-mail to the dispute several messages through eBay saying he wanted the item. Not sure how I can lose the item but probably will but I'm willing to fight for my $90 he owed me
Old May 6th, 2012, 06:19 AM   #13
redracer2004

I don't like his reply:

Hi there,

First, we are really sorry that there was a mistake in listing price. Just copied other listing using "sell similar item", but forgot to change the price. At probably the worst timing, after midnight.

Again, we apologize for the mistake and unable to process the order, because RM130 is barely enough to cover for the cheapest item of the 4 items (+shipping to malaysia).

Should you want to proceed with the recalculated pricing, please let us know.

Otherwise, we really appreciate your kind understanding to allow the cancellation of this order due to the price mistake.

Again, we are terribly sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Should I pursuit this further?

EDIT: After replied that I will put him a negative if he insist that he wants it to be sold at his recalculated pricing, he replied me with this:

Sure, nothing we can do. We cannot afford to lose RM400+ for this single mistake.

Sorry.
Old May 6th, 2012, 06:39 AM   #14
chichoc
100, bitch.

... I don't understand why are we discussing this.

As MS said both times: "We don't know."

You're asking us questions we can't answer. If you have to ask us "Did I do wrong?", then in certain degree you feel like you did. And probably you want feel better about by us telling you that it's the seller fault for making a mistake with the price.

There's no need of sharing a PRIVATE conversation you had with the seller about this either, and of course he's not going to send you all that stuff for $40, not if he don't wanna face a huge monetary loss. I honestly don't understand why would you be mad.

Also, most of the users who have replied apparently didn't understand your real issue with the auction...
Old May 6th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #15
OmegaRangerRed
32 eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by redracer2004 View Post
Alright, I'll just tell a story but don't go guessing if you know what happened.
A few minutes ago, I was browing Ebay Malaysia and found a Singapore seller who's quite popular has begun selling more of his stuffs on Ebay Malaysia.

An auction of him caught my eyes, All 4 Buster Gears was put up at US$40 BIN in ONE SINGLE LOT. Without thinking, I pressed Buy It Now and I bought that through ebay Malaysia.

http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/Buster-Ge...item33758fb87d

Obviously, I can't miss this deal out, am I right?

Question is, did I do the wrong thing?
Would I still get the item or would he just deny the transaction altogether?
we are not your personal conscience, especially for eBay related items. There is no need to create a thread for something like this, so next time lay off the new thread button for issues like this.

However, since you asked, here is my answer:

Did you do wrong hitting the BIN button to to try and get a deal? no.

Personally though, it was a dick move, in my opinion, to leave him negative feedback after he tried to explain the auction's price was a mistake.
Closed Thread