2 - Poor 7 7.14%
3 - Fair 20 20.41%
4 - Good 44 44.90%
5 - Excellent 22 22.45%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 5th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #81
cyberv
CYBER OP, ENERGIZE!

Amazed that they managed to combine two different plots like this so well. I'd more or less given up on seeing Shinken Daigoyou/Samurai Lightzord in Samurai, so it showing up this week was a pleasure.

It was a rather intense episode. Never stopped for a minute. The only real weakness during the action sequence was, of course, those stupidly idiotic and useless shogun mode bits. Worthless. Absolutely worthless.

"Da shogun armor! IT DOES NOTHING!"
cyberv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 10:06 PM   #82
raz
razzle1337.tumblr.com
eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virginian View Post
How on earth did Jayden know he could call on Shogun Mode (keep in mind I still haven't seen the introduction of the Bullzord)?

He gets a brand new weapon and he suddenly knows every major thing about it without even being told? Imo he acted like the Bullzooka was something he's been training with since he was a kid.
Do we really have to go over this again?

Day of the Dumpster in the zords:

"Trini here. This is amazing. I seem to know how to drive this thing." - Trini

shift to The Ranger's Mega Voyage in Power Rangers in Space:

"Hey guys, I just found a transformation control. You don't think...?" - Cassie

Sometimes their suits give them knowledge of everything and sometimes they don't. The original rangers knew everything about the dino, thunder and ninja zords. Then they knew how to handle the Zeo Zords and Super Zeo Zords like they were toys. But, come Turbo, Tommy has to take a manual out to figure out how to drive Red Lightning (stupid, I know).

Then in PRiS, in The Ranger's Mega Voyage, we spend basically 5 minutes of the episode with the rangers learning how to use the Mega Vehicles.

The inconsistency with Samurai, though, is that the 4 rangers didn't know how to form the Megazord, yet Jayden is able to figure out how the weapons work on the fly.
raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 10:08 PM   #83
dryedmangoez
.com

Also, first time the words Spitfangs and Papyrox were even uttered on the show even though we've seen them before?
dryedmangoez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #84
Evil Haim Saban
Where Is Your Santa, Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryedmangoez View Post
Also, first time the words Spitfangs and Papyrox were even uttered on the show even though we've seen them before?
Not even close.

Spitfangs have been said multiple times since they first started showing up, and Papyrox was said by Serrator when he first used one in Something Fishy.
Evil Haim Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #85
mbozzo
Power Ranger

'Trust Me' is a fair episode. Seraider has created a spell which made the people who were hit by the ash from that spell, afraid. The Samurai Rangers try to come to the rescue, only to lose their first battle with Seraider, Decker, and Dayu. Decker began to think that Jayden wasn't worthy anymore. The monster with his new blaster didn't made it easy in their second battle. Mentor has to come with a new weapon which turn the tide against the bad guys. There was 2 Megazord battles in this episode. What I don't like about this episode, was that Bulk and Spike wasn't in it, but Mike make up for it when he slipped n the fishes at the end of the episode.
mbozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 01:01 AM   #86
TheNewGuy
Not so "new" after all.

Why does Jayden suddenly know the name of certain weapons? Why does Jayden know what to call his new modes? How does Jayden know which weapons to combine? It's possible that he learned all about this awesome stuff as he was growing up, considering he lived with Ji and all.

Or it could be to blatantly sell toys. Parents need to keep track of the items their kids are nagging them to buy. The kids themselves need to know the name of that awesome toy they're seeing on TV and see what awesome things it can do.
TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 01:25 AM   #87
GalaxyRed
Tenkuu Henshin

Quote:
How on earth did Jayden know he could call on Shogun Mode (keep in mind I still haven't seen the introduction of the Bullzord)?

He gets a brand new weapon and he suddenly knows every major thing about it without even being told? Imo he acted like the Bullzooka was something he's been training with since he was a kid.
Quote:
Couldn't have been the suit, the Bullzooka didn't exist when the suit was created.

That isn't hard, he watched the evil grunts doing it. But how would he have the knowledge to go Shogun with it when it was just handed to him minutes ago with no instructions given.
Quote:
That could be the case if the Bullzooka actually existed when he was a kid but it didn't and Ji couldn't have taught him anything related to it.

Such an observant person you are.
Seriously? Did you nitpick this much about every other season that somehow had them knowing anything out of the blue? This is Power Rangers 101 material.
GalaxyRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 01:40 AM   #88
MMPRpinkninja
Adorkable.

Rewatching this I really wonder what Day-U was doing while Mia gave her little peptalk to Jayden.
I do appreciate that we got past an episode without a "Mia can't cook" jab.
MMPRpinkninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 02:29 AM   #89
Akumaru
Power Ranger

Serrator Spell over te Island
Rangers arrived in the Island
Rangers split in teams
Serrator,Dayu and Deker show up
Rangers flash morph
Cody show up in Shiba house
Rangers continues there battles
Deker insult Red Ranger
Octoroo excited with the New Gear"The Spin Sword Era is Over"
Jayden upset because Deker words
Jayden returns to center of the Serrator Spell
Mia protect Jayden
Rangers and Serrator arrive in the scene
Serrator summons Maldon and the New Moogers
Super Red Samurai
Gold Ranger strike down for the Moogers blasters
Mentor Ji arrived with a New Weapon
Debut of the Bullzooka
Super Red use the Bullzooka aganst the Moogers
Red Super Samurai Ranger vs Maldon
Super Red use the Super Bullzooka to destroy the Nighlok
Maldon summons the Giant MOOGERS
Red Ranger battles the Moogers and pay attencion to the place of the spell
Deker insults the Red Ranger and the New Weapons
Red Ranger strikes the Fire
Serrator arrived and saves Deker"Battle of Egos"
Serrator summons Papyrus battle the rangers
Rangers summon there zords
Red Ranger upgrades to Shogun Mode
Debuts of Shogun Spear
Samurai Gigzord defeated the Papyrus
Mia confort Jayden

The Final Scene it as pretty good between Mentor and the Samurai Power Rangers, the plot of the episode it as good but could rally easy make Muti-Parter with this plot because instead of make two more clips show the really couldmake thi plots in Muti-Parters and well is more like they want complited the Shinkenger storyline.

uper Samurai now goes to starts to enter in One of favorites plots of the Shinkenger with Serrator goes to Open a Crak in the World and that was one of the Best storylines in Shinkenger and in all Super Sentais i watch the one is one of the Bests because Serrator is a character with a mistery around him and is truth motives are not know yet even to Master Xandred and even in Shinkenger is is capable to sacrifice is own follow Nighloks to destroyed the World because the Serrator plot have the ideia we can destroy Neitherworld and the Humam World too

Great episode.

Last edited by Akumaru; May 6th, 2012 at 04:09 AM.
Akumaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 03:07 AM   #90
Autobot032
Power Ranger

Full of action, acting was serviceable, some fun moments. All in all? A damn good time. Yes, I'm heaping praise on an episode. I almost fainted, too.

But, we're now at 12 of 20 episodes. How will the rest of the season play out? Long hiatus breaks, with little pieces in between, or short hiatuses, one new episode and more short hiatuses?

I didn't think we had burned through that many episodes so fast. Wow.
Autobot032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 08:05 AM   #91
nintenfan3424
Russia in Soviet

We got at least one more episode, The Master Returns
nintenfan3424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 09:19 AM   #92
Akumaru
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentWatcher View Post
This was... watchable. This episode did a better job at combining two episode plots, but considering what was done previously, that's not saying much.
The plots it as really well done combine but it as much easy make this Multi-Parter episode

Quote:
I'll give them these points:
- Bringing Cody back and saying he made the Bullzooka was a little more creative than the other ways they've gotten new weapons. Like the Lightzord... and the Shark Disc... you get where I'm going with this. Shame the episode made him just say "Hi, here's this. Goodbye."
- I'll give Samurai credit. In Shinkenger, Juzo, after claiming the red ranger wasn't the same person he fought last time, looked really stupid to me as he just sulked around the entire time. Samurai decided to have Deker also say he was weak, but didn't make Deker moan about it again and again. Even with Ricardo's acting, he was still more intimidating than Juzo was in Shinkenger. Whoever decided to write in "Deker intimidates Jayden the whole episode", thank you.
- Even though it was completely useless, just like Shogun Mode, the Shogun Spear transformation looked kind of cool.
Bring back Cody with the Bullzooka it as great for the plot and at least give the ideia the Family of Cody with Protects the Bullzord over the years are connected with the Shiba house for future events and well for the Lightzord and Shark Disk could really be better because they comes with the ideia they were ancient Zords as well.

When Deker see Jayden again he believe he dont see the same person with fights in the last time because when they fight in the "The Ultimate Duel" looks like Jayden it as prove something to himself and the others but the others dont know the reasons for Jayden to that.

The Shogun Mode it as cool CGI transformation for the Shogun Spear realy looks great and it as sad dont use it as the Shogun Mode as Shogun Battlelyzer for outside of the Megazords cockpits.

Quote:
8 Episodes to go. And now the "plot" is really going to start picking up and all hell breaks lose. It's time for my favorite part of the season for toku shows, the time I like to call "When the Levee breaks". Although I doubt this part of the season will make Samurai better in my eyes.
We have more 8 episodes to go and now is focus in the Serrator plot of the Hell in the Earth a great plot comes from Shinkenger because make Serrator capable to betray is own fellow Nighloks and capable to destroy the Both worlds Humam World and Neitherworld and we go to see next week Xandred comes to Humam World.
Akumaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #93
Dyl
Install Megaranger!
eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz View Post
shift to The Ranger's Mega Voyage in Power Rangers in Space:

"Hey guys, I just found a transformation control. You don't think...?" - Cassie
Well in this specific situation she saw the button on the control panel and she assumed because she did control megazords prior to the mega voyager. So it's not being randomly knowledgeable, it's her using her past experiences with megazords to assess the current situation.
Dyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #94
MoonsKnight
as The Hopping Woman

That's not a blaster... THIS is a blaster.

... That is all.
MoonsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #95
Dyl
Install Megaranger!
eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonsKnight View Post
That's not a blaster... THIS is a blaster.

... That is all.
I've always hated the word "blaster" I think it's because it's a very childish way of say "Gun/Pistol/sniper/rifle".
Dyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #96
raz
razzle1337.tumblr.com
eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyl View Post
Well in this specific situation she saw the button on the control panel and she assumed because she did control megazords prior to the mega voyager. So it's not being randomly knowledgeable, it's her using her past experiences with megazords to assess the current situation.
I was comparing Trini's instant knowledge of the original Dino Zords to Cassie and crew's lack of knowledge of the Mega Vehicles. I was aware of that. I was just pointing out how they also shift back and forth from season to season on whether or not the rangers know how to operate the weapons and zords innately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyl View Post
I've always hated the word "blaster" I think it's because it's a very childish way of say "Gun/Pistol/sniper/rifle".
Hokey religions and ancient weapons and all that jazz.

raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 12:24 PM   #97
Willy105
*explosion*

Well, what Han Solo had actually was a blaster.

Stuff you see in Power Rangers and the old Spider-Man TV show are actually guns, they just tell you they are lasers and give them laser sound effects when you see their bullets come out. The suspension of disbelief is broken, because you know that's not what you are seeing.
Willy105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #98
coreymon77
VIP Rider

Honestly? This is what you people are complaining about? Something that PR has always done? Yes, we know it's a gun. Yes, calling it a "laser blaster" is a little hokey. Deal with it. It's a kids show and stuff like that is going to happen and always has. Remember what you are watching here.

I actually thought this was a really well done episode. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it and it was lots and lots of fun. Sure, this isn't Emmy-worthy stuff, but hell, it's Power Rangers. I also could've played a drinking game with how many new toys showed up in this episode but, again, it's Power Rangers.

It was great to see Mentor actually do something and kick some ass for a change and the rest of it was just plain fun.

Also, the acting seems to have improved a fair bit here, Mia's payback like was particularly well done.
coreymon77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 12:42 PM   #99
MoonsKnight
as The Hopping Woman

... It was just an innocent joke.

You guys really need to relax.
MoonsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 04:10 PM   #100
ModRn
Vida the Vampire Slayer

I actually enjoyed this episode. It was packed full of action, and while the puns made me cringe they weren't as obnoxious in this episode. Perhaps I'm just building a tolerance to them.

Serrator is officially a badass, especially with that "personal apocalypse" line.

No Bulk and Skull at all? Guess it's better than trying to force them into the plot (kind of like what's been going on for the entire series).

I'm still confused at the whole Deker-Dayuu-Serrator thing. Maybe I need to go back and re-watch their focus episodes...
ModRn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ji's super harley, open mouth -insert acting, party at the leper colony, what an ash-hole