RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Discussion Forums > General Discussion

View Poll Results: who do you like best dc or marvel? and who do you think would win?
I like dc best 63 39.87%
I like marvel best 93 58.86%
I think dc would win 59 37.34%
I think marvel would win 71 44.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old May 14th, 2012, 11:12 AM   #5781
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Another reality warp perhaps? It'd be nice if we could get back to the "real" reality and not the "No More Mutants" world Wanda reduced the MU to...it jst makes everything that's happened since then mean shit since all it takes is for one creative team to reverse it with a simple declaration.
Old May 14th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #5782
B-kun
Just one of those days

She doesn't have the power to warp reality anymore. She tried reversing "no more mutants" and Dr. Doom stole the power of Creation from her, and then it got dispersed in Avengers: Children's Crusade.
Old May 14th, 2012, 01:24 PM   #5783
christopherjohn
Power Ranger

Even though she lost those powers if she became the phoneix there is no saying she wouldn't regain them.

Overall AvX is good frist of the main story is good the tie ins aren't needed but they throw in hints of who could be the next phoneix as well as the stress Cap is under.
Old May 14th, 2012, 02:48 PM   #5784
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-kun View Post
She doesn't have the power to warp reality anymore. She tried reversing "no more mutants" and Dr. Doom stole the power of Creation from her, and then it got dispersed in Avengers: Children's Crusade.
Ah, thanks for that. The things you learn when you don't give a creativly bankrupt hack-ridden company your undivided attention...

Still, that doesnt mean it can still be undone, and I hope it is one day. I'd like nothing better than the whole Quesada/Alonzo era wiped from existence. Come to think of it, it'd be sublime if Hope were the one to undo it all, since she's the cheif sue of this whole stinking reigme...
Old May 14th, 2012, 02:54 PM   #5785
B-kun
Just one of those days

It's worth noting she also wasn't entirely responsible for Avengers Disassembled. Doom used her as a puppet in the pretense of strengthening her magic, using her to crush his enemies and divert suspicion. As a result the Avengers aren't trying to kill her, but... there are some issues (see: Vision).
Old May 14th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #5786
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms
eBay

JLI ending with Issue 12.

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multime...id=4257&page=2
Old May 14th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #5787
B-kun
Just one of those days

Wait, where does that link say it's the final issue? O_o It's just the funeral for Red Rocket, who died recently, and there's an annual after it.
Old May 14th, 2012, 04:47 PM   #5788
GoldAnyRanger
One Ranger, Many Forms
eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-kun View Post
Wait, where does that link say it's the final issue? O_o It's just the funeral for Red Rocket, who died recently, and there's an annual after it.

Right there in all caps.
Old May 14th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #5789
BLANKS
I create Indy Comics!

You know what, after all is said and done I hope marvel does a dc, reboot everything. That or bring 616 to an end. Jump to universe 617, make it simliar to the universe, but different. Oh, and put X-men in their own seperate universe away from the rest. The kind of stories that should be told with X-men really can't be done in such a shared universe when technically all of Marvels heroes are "mutants".
Old May 14th, 2012, 04:52 PM   #5790
B-kun
Just one of those days

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldAnyRanger View Post

Right there in all caps.
Wow, they threw it in as something of a sidenote. You'd think that would be in the issue description or something.
Old May 14th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #5791
The Plastic Ranger
Fourze Gokaiger 4 ever

That is crap about JLI. I grew up on the original JLI and I've liked the new JLI a lot, and was hoping for OMAC to join the team along with Batwing. Then they just go ahead and can the series? WTF DC?
Old May 14th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #5792
Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

I dropped the current JLI once they decided to blow up half the team. It's not BECAUSE of the (implied) deaths. It's just because the book felt like it was coasting. Like it just had all the time in the world to develop its characters, tell good stories, and generally be a great book to read. It didn't.

Things always happened either too fast or too slow for me to really enjoy. Characterization wasn't as strong as it could have been. And they couldn't stop spamming the crap out of Batman, who wasn't even officially part of the freaking team.

God, I REALLY wish Judd Winnick had been at the helm for this. Justice League: Generation Lost was seriously one of the most fun things from DC I read from that time.
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:51 AM   #5793
Peter
AN ORANGE RANGER?!?

So the merry DCU reboot continues, eh? It really doesn't seem like many (if any) of their sparkly new books have really set the world on fire. They slashed-and-burned almost half a century of continuity for ... this? Good move guys.
Old May 15th, 2012, 07:15 AM   #5794
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

It's because DC are known for "properly-but-not-completly" rebooting their continuity every five minutes that the latest wave isnt up to scratch. They've made the whole art of relaunching pointless over two decades with every "Zero Hour" and "Infinite Crisis". Expect another one in another few years or so.
Old May 15th, 2012, 10:46 AM   #5795
comicstar100
Green Ranger Power

Very sad to hear about JLI, without a Booster Gold book it looks like my favorite time traveler will get lost in the new DCU. Strange too, I expected JL Dark to go before any other team book.
Old May 15th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #5796
Kyoryuger
Time to BRAVE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman0 View Post
Can I still whine about how much I dislike the DC reboot?
I'm glad I'm not alone. I never really care about the new 52 stuff. It would be nice to see DC to go back to the regular continuity (post-crisis to before new 52 continuity). Ugh.they should've continue to work on the current universe instead of going to the new 52 and reboot crap.
Old May 15th, 2012, 02:31 PM   #5797
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

I wouldnt have minded the 52 launch if they had managed to tie up everyone's stories, instead some of them were left on massive cliffhangers and downer endings. I think only Batman, Stephanie, and Superman had anything close to decent endings.
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:47 PM   #5798
comicstar100
Green Ranger Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
Ah, thanks for that. The things you learn when you don't give a creativly bankrupt hack-ridden company your undivided attention...

Still, that doesnt mean it can still be undone, and I hope it is one day. I'd like nothing better than the whole Quesada/Alonzo era wiped from existence. Come to think of it, it'd be sublime if Hope were the one to undo it all, since she's the cheif sue of this whole stinking reigme...
It could be Hope changing reality, we still don't know the full extent of her power not to mention she is the host for pheonix. If M day is undone I wonder would that would change Scott's current mindset? He seems to have gone too far down the rabbit hole to become that human loving hero again.
Old May 15th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #5799
Multiple Man
I'm A Bore, Mostly

The New 52 is actually not bad, in my view. JLI is among a handful of books I don't want to read, but there was always going to be that, and I'm reading more DC now than I could have ever thought possible beforehand.

Flash, in particular, is an extremely strong book with spectacular art and solid superhero writing that is well-balanced and doesn't take 500 years to wrap up each plot point.

Wonder Woman is a departure from previous incarnations, but is a very well-written story with great art that fits perfectly with the book's style.

Red Hood and the Outlaws, despite reactionary criticisms from the first twelve seconds of the book's release, is a genuinely fun, and at times, touching action story.

Action Comics is a very dense, multi-layered Superman story. It's far from perfect, but when it's good, it's very good. I'm not a Superman fan, by any means, and I like this character a lot so far.

A lot of the complaints I see from those who disagree with the relaunch can probably be applied to every single one of these books, as the characters are not identical to the ones from before the relaunch. But, in some cases, that's honestly why I care about them now, versus what I felt about them before.

There was something that always bothered me about the up-front image of most of the "main" DC heroes. They all just seemed like what your parents might be like if they had superpowers. Telling you to brush your teeth and stay in school, and then flying off into the sunset or whatever. And while that stuff is classic and fun to play with sometimes, I just related more with the major Marvel characters who, while sharing some of those same values, felt more like what my peers would be like if they had superpowers. They themselves were in the process of learning how to brush their teeth and stay in school. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

I'm generalizing, obviously. But this is the image that The New 52 largely is able to shake off. Not completely. The Flash is VERY classic in presentation. He's still very much a solidly good-natured hero, and it's actually very exciting. But if every hero I was reading was like him, I can't say I'd be thrilled. Wonder Woman's Amazons have a seriously messed-up history, and it throws her into disillusion. The young Superman was an angry guy because of the corruption he felt he should be the one to clean up, so his decisions are questionable. That's in keeping with some of his classic portrayals, but people still freak out because the comics are using it again when he more recently was so nicey-nice all the time. But since I feel like there's a specific point to be made with this, I would much rather celebrate the interesting story and be glad that this Superman actually has somewhere to develop to (that I want to read).
Old May 15th, 2012, 05:34 PM   #5800
The Plastic Ranger
Fourze Gokaiger 4 ever

Flash has been a great book and continues to be a great book, just like the Green Lanter books, and other books that were not changed much during the DCNew 52 change.

JLI has been better, but how can anyone judge a series in just 8-12 issues? Can't it get better? I know my love of the Hulk comics has gone up and down and up and down, but I'd never want them to cancel it, and if they would have cancelled it during a low point, I'd never been able to experience the high points.

I guess they are just swapping JLI for the Earth 2 Justice Society-in-making group.

Still. They end OMAC, but promise OMAC will show up in JLI, then end JLI. OMAC was an awesome book, and I liked JLI, and now they are both gone.

I think Aquaman is better than ever in my opinion.
Closed Thread

Tags
a lot, a lot is two words, not alot