RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Discussion Forums > General Discussion

View Poll Results: What do you think of Divergence?
Very excited to see where this goes 16 41.03%
Quantum Ranger, Action/Sci Fi, I'm Game! 18 46.15%
I'm still on the fence about this 3 7.69%
Not very interested, not my type of show 2 5.13%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 4th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #1
Angelus Tacos
Mighty Morphin Tacos..

"DIVERGENCE", Dan Southworth's new Action/Sci Fi web series

I wanted to spread the word & get a good discussion going on this new action/sci fi web series called "Divergence", which a former Power Rangers is starring in and co-wrote. Who might that former Power Ranger be? That would be the one, the only, Mr. Dan Southworth. For those of you who don't know who Dan Southworth is (which if your a Power Rangers Fan or a gamer you should know) he played "Eric" the "Quantum Ranger" in Power Rangers: Time Force, as well as Vergil in Devil May Cry 3. Along with acting he is also an amazing stuntman and has been seen in countless TV/Movies, like "The Scorpion King", "The Tuxedo", and "Hidalgo" just to name a few. Dan has been working on his latest project "Divergence" which is a new Action/Sci Fi web series that will be premiering later this year. Below you will find a synopsis of the series as well as a link to the Trailer, Facebook Page, Website, and Dan's Twitter. As one of the team members of the "Divergence" media campaign we are just trying to get the word out to people about this new and exciting web series and gather peoples thoughts, comments, and possible ideas to share with Dan and his team. So please feel free to comment and give us your thoughts, questions, ideas, on the series and if you feel like supporting the series don't hesitate to "Like"/"Share" these links. As a fan of Power Rangers since I was a kid its always great to see when a former Power Ranger is pursuing a new venture and wanting to get the thoughts from the fans to help make it a success! As a HUGE fan of Action/Sci Fi shows I am very excited to see where this goes as it looks to have great potential. Hope yall can be as excited as I am to see where this series will go and thanks for taking the time to check it out! Enjoy...

Synopsis

DIVERGENCE is an action/sci-fi series starring Dan Southworth, Damion Poitier, Marta McGonagle, and Courtney Munch. The series follows former U.S. Army Intel officer Mark Leonard who struggles with paranoia and PTSD until he discovers that he is, in fact, being tracked by people…who can disappear into thin air. As Mark fights his way deeper into this mysterious world looking for answers, he encounters different factions attacking him or offering help—but few answers. Each new discovery draws Mark deeper into a mystery that seems to center on his own dark past.

The first ten episodes of DIVERGENCE: Season One will premiere in 2012. DIVERGENCE is created by Douglas Horn and Dan Southworth of POPULAR UPRISING.

New Update!!
Fourth Episode is now online, check it out here:
DIVERGENCE: Ep. 04 "Where's Your Baby?"

Season One Episode Guide
Episode 02 - July 16, 2012
Episode 03 - July 23, 2012
Episode 04 - July 30, 2012
Episode 05 - Aug 6, 2012
Episode 06 - Aug 13, 2012
Episode 07 - Aug 20, 2012
Episode 08 - Aug 27, 2012
Episode 09 - Sept 3, 2012
Episode 10 - Sept 10, 2012
Episode 11 - Sept17, 2012

Update
DIVERGENCE: Season One First Look

Trailer
Facebook
Divergence Website
Dan Southworth's Twitter

Last edited by Angelus Tacos; July 31st, 2012 at 11:27 AM.
Angelus Tacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #2
PedroMcNamara
www.TaurianFilms.com

I have made with the sharing on facebook and will continue on twitter and other outlets. I am interested in this. I want to see Southworth flex some acting muscles in a non-PR role and I am a big fan of indy Web series, so I am anxious to see how his is executed.
PedroMcNamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #3
Angelus Tacos
Mighty Morphin Tacos..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMcNamara View Post
I have made with the sharing on facebook and will continue on twitter and other outlets. I am interested in this. I want to see Southworth flex some acting muscles in a non-PR role and I am a big fan of indy Web series, so I am anxious to see how his is executed.
Awesome! Thanks for the support and yes Dan def. flex's some acting and other muscles in this series lol, if you watch the trailer some of the stunts he does in there are awesome especially on that big guy he climbs up him like a tree and flips him over...truly EPIC! The great thing about indy web series is they have free reign on what they want to do and are not constricted to what a normal series on a Network you know.
Old May 4th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #4
Primo Haim Saban
Sailor Mooned

Looking forward to it.

Release date can't come soon enough for me.
Primo Haim Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #5
Angelus Tacos
Mighty Morphin Tacos..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo View Post
Release date can't come soon enough for me.

Yep i'm with ya there! If you "Like" the FB page they will keep posting updates and once its revealed i'll make sure I post here. (now back to watching another good indy show that was cut down to soon "Firefly", damn you FOX)
Old May 4th, 2012, 11:46 PM   #6
Kyle16
Figuring it out

I like the concept, but not sure on the execution based on the trailer. Something is off. Could just be in the editing. Parts of it seem well acted, but much of it does not.
Kyle16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 09:41 AM   #7
Angelus Tacos
Mighty Morphin Tacos..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle16 View Post
I like the concept, but not sure on the execution based on the trailer. Something is off. Could just be in the editing. Parts of it seem well acted, but much of it does not.
Keep in mind its their first trailer which they released to give the fans an idea of where they are going, there is always improvement. If you have any thoughts or ideas as to help with the trailer or something you would like to see, post it. Thanks
Old May 6th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #8
Mikeh
The coin guy!

I didn't know he was Virgil.

He tends to over act with his face, that bugs me sometimes, but I am actually excited to see this. The story doesn't look bad.
Mikeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #9
Kyle16
Figuring it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus Tacos View Post
Keep in mind its their first trailer which they released to give the fans an idea of where they are going, there is always improvement. If you have any thoughts or ideas as to help with the trailer or something you would like to see, post it. Thanks
Well for starters the sound mix could use some work. Some ADR (especially during the fight at 30 secs into the trailer, the quality took a real dip there), some additional sound effects to give some hits a bit more weight.
Old May 6th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #10
Angelus Tacos
Mighty Morphin Tacos..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeh View Post
Yep he sure was! Great game and series too!

Quote:
Well for starters the sound mix could use some work. Some ADR (especially during the fight at 30 secs into the trailer, the quality took a real dip there), some additional sound effects to give some hits a bit more weight.
I actually have a Bachelors in Sound Design and yes the audio mix isn't the greatest but i think they wanted to get a trailer out to show fans where they are trying to go. Keep in mind this still is a work in progress and as i use to hear film directors say on set all the time "We'll just fix it in post "...i had one director who said well the location isn't great for sound so we don't need you until post so you can ADR the whole thing........WHAT?!? I love doing ADR, SFX, & Foley that was my forte in school but having to help that guy do all that ADR OMG i was done with ADR for awhile lol.
Old May 11th, 2012, 12:55 PM   #11
prophet144
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeh View Post

He tends to over act with his face, that bugs me sometimes, but I am actually excited to see this. The story doesn't look bad.
You've got to remember, that sometimes a person is trying to convey different things. So their body language is telling you one thing, but their facial expressions are telling you something else. So what you might see as a tendency to 'over act with his face' could actually be an attempt by the director to have him bring about a dual representation of something.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing the first few episodes. It looks interesting and it'll definitely be a change to see Dan in something serial besides PR.
prophet144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #12
Clarky
Waka! Waka!

Quote:
It's a flipping trailer what are expecting jeez.

Whatever I'm really looking forward to this.
Clarky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #13
Kyle16
Figuring it out

Did I say nothing will improve? jeez. Im just looking at things overall, again based on the trailer. That's all I we have.
Old May 15th, 2012, 09:57 PM   #14
Angelus Tacos
Mighty Morphin Tacos..

Some cool news for anyone attending Comic Con this year "DIVERGENCE will be making an appearance at Comic-Con International (July 12-15 in San Diego)!". Good to see this is a step in the right direction, wish i was going to Comic Con

Anyone going to CC this year? If so stop by and say hey to the Divergence crew!
Old May 22nd, 2012, 11:43 AM   #15
Green Ranger 0101
Zach

a

this looks like its going to be a good
Green Ranger 0101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 06:13 PM   #16
mariescott
Time For Time Force!

I'll watch anything with Dan in it but it also looks interesting. As far as the trailer goes sure it could have been a little better but it's not a network TV show. There's probably not alot of money to do a really slick trailer. I'm hoping it starts soon. Maybe it'll be ready by Power Morphicon and they could premeire the first episode there. If I remember correctly they showed the last two unaired episodes of KRDK last time so it could possibly happen.
mariescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 06:51 PM   #17
Kyle16
Figuring it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariescott View Post
As far as the trailer goes sure it could have been a little better but it's not a network TV show.
Actually If I understand it right Dan is hoping to pitch it to someone like Fox to air it, even if admittedly that was never his main goal. I don't see it getting green lit in the state its in at the moment though.
Old May 30th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #18
jasonwoods88
the aliens are watching!!

Lookin forward to this!!!
jasonwoods88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #19
Angelus Tacos
Mighty Morphin Tacos..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonwoods88 View Post
Lookin forward to this!!!
Check this out man, you'll def. be looking forward to it even more!

get a first look at the DIVERGENCE: Season One First Look
video. Extended clips and interviews from the upcoming action/sci-fi/suspense series DIVERGENCE.

Now i'm really jazzed about this....and some def. good looking leading ladies in there too!
Old May 30th, 2012, 06:59 PM   #20
Primo Haim Saban
Sailor Mooned

Wow, didn't expect the F-bomb. Also didn't expect one of the actors SERIOUSLY jumping the gun about when they "get to season 3, season 4". How's about we wait until the show premieres first, buddy.

The random chick in a bikini was a nifty touch...
Primo Haim Saban is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dan, divergence, quantum, ranger, southworth