RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Discussion Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old April 28th, 2012, 11:03 PM   #4221
Windgrail
200 Moments- coming soon!

Ok, so I'm very curious about the concept of using show-footage with this or any kind of series. It's something I've considered before, but had always figured it was be in violation. For my youtube channel, most of the clips (except the early ones) have a disclaimer on each clip, plus in the channel summary.

Obviously it's different from doing a review rather showing episodes or even clips, but where does "Fair Use" draw the line; what has to be included in the series to ensure that is safe to keep up?
Old April 28th, 2012, 11:11 PM   #4222
Redfarmer
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiron723 View Post
Hey don't knock him, I barely got through Day of the Dumpster reversioning.
Personally I think I saw how they were popping the names of the Zords, villains, henchmen, and monsters during "Day of the Dumpster" and washed my hands of it.
Old April 28th, 2012, 11:24 PM   #4223
Chiron723
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfarmer View Post
Personally I think I saw how they were popping the names of the Zords, villains, henchmen, and monsters during "Day of the Dumpster" and washed my hands of it.
That didn't bother me oddly. What bothered me was from the non morphed scenes. The roundhouse kick that spun the screen, the Adam West Batman effects in the putty fight, those were entirely unnecessary and had the power to kill brain cells just watching them.
Old April 29th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #4224
Uncle Haim Saban
Tale as old as time

Just saw the SPD review really enjoyed it. Can't wait for MF!
Old May 4th, 2012, 02:59 AM   #4225
ZEO16
Higher they can soar!

I noticed something.

At the end of each review Linkara says things that are either a preview for the next season or a takeoff off the theme song or something joke like.

"Set controls to outer space" "There is a light in the distance, for PR Dino Thunder" "Brave the weather for PR Ninja Storm" etc...

In SPD he said "The seasons get shorter in PR Mystic Force" Was that a way of saying "these videos will be coming out quicker now" or was there just nothing cleaver/insightful to say about MF? I haven't seen it.

*note: I may be reading too much into this. And I am NOT asking "when is the next video coming out?"

I still liked the SPD review, but I also enjoy the further discussion on here. It helps to clear some things up.
Old May 4th, 2012, 03:06 AM   #4226
tasti man LH
Contract?

Well, given his Twitter posts, he has mentioned that so far he doesn't like the MF theme song. Not sure if it's that, or something else...
Old May 4th, 2012, 03:06 AM   #4227
Quantum Wolf
Confusion & Delay!

I think it's just a nod that all the PR seasons from this point will be shorter. Samurai even more so, assuming that Samurai and Super Samurai will be two separate parts.

Plus, I don't think there's anything that can be thought of creatively to say in regards to Mystic Force's theme.
Old May 4th, 2012, 04:06 AM   #4228
peas_and_corn
The Wannabe Ranger

I guess him ending with "Next I'll be setting the record straight on Mystic Force" would have sounded silly.
Old May 4th, 2012, 04:12 AM   #4229
Morgan Lamia
---[DekaModerator]---

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEO16 View Post
I noticed something.

At the end of each review Linkara says things that are either a preview for the next season or a takeoff off the theme song or something joke like.

"Set controls to outer space" "There is a light in the distance, for PR Dino Thunder" "Brave the weather for PR Ninja Storm" etc...

In SPD he said "The seasons get shorter in PR Mystic Force" Was that a way of saying "these videos will be coming out quicker now" or was there just nothing cleaver/insightful to say about MF? I haven't seen it.

*note: I may be reading too much into this. And I am NOT asking "when is the next video coming out?"

I still liked the SPD review, but I also enjoy the further discussion on here. It helps to clear some things up.
You're reading too much into it. The episode count dropped from 38 to 32 from Mystic Force-onwards. I assume that's what he meant. I don't think that will have much, if anything, to do with how long future videos take to come out.
Old May 4th, 2012, 04:13 AM   #4230
Nerdboy
Yeah, I got nothin'

I would chalk it up to the fact that he's finished the following season before doing each review up until SPD, and since he hasn't finished Mystic Force, he can't necessarily say aything specific about it.
Old May 4th, 2012, 04:45 AM   #4231
Linkara
Power Ranger

Usually I like to add in lyrics for the next season... but I honestly could not remember any lyrics from Mystic Force's theme song. And yes, I know I could have just put on the video of it and watched the theme song again, but I didn't really feel like it, since, well, I hate the Mystic Force theme song and yes I'll talk about the Wasserman demo tracks for it.
Old May 4th, 2012, 04:48 AM   #4232
RisingSunRanger
Man behind the mask

Most of the things Linkara dislikes about Turbo are Carranger's fault. Like the chrome on the helmets. Or, ya know, the whole car theme.
Old May 4th, 2012, 04:55 AM   #4233
peas_and_corn
The Wannabe Ranger

That's irrelevant.
Old May 4th, 2012, 04:57 AM   #4234
Quantum Wolf
Confusion & Delay!

Yeah, the MF theme is bad. Honestly, all of the tracks, even the two Ron themes, didn't do it for me. None of them really evoked a theme revolving around entirely magic.

Later on the MF theme would grow on me though. But that's probably because of what happens later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisingSunRanger View Post
Most of the things Linkara dislikes about Turbo are Carranger's fault. Like the chrome on the helmets. Or, ya know, the whole car theme.
The problem I think that's being driven at in that video is the...idea. Same with Zordon choosing a 12 year old kid over other, more qualified, candidates to be a ranger. Why in the name of Tommy would Zordon suddenly shift from animals and the like to cars? He puts it in LR and SPD that the vehicle aspect is no problem because these PR's were human made.
Old May 4th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #4235
FlashmanX
Prism Flash

I just fin watching all of zeo yesterday. It makes perfect sense for the turbo powers to be car themed because its my impression that every time Billy said he was busy and away doing something when they were teasing the Gold Ranger identity that he was in fact making the Turbo powers.

Blake Foster was in another movie that they were shooting at the time and they liked him so much they wanted to use in in something else. Ol Steve hurting his leg for reals gave them that chance so blame Steve for Justin. And blame Dairanger because if Kiba wasn't a kid in that series they might have thought it was too stupid and idea for Turbo.
Old May 4th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #4236
Cameron Samurai
DENY IT'S A PARTY!

The RANGERS create the Turbo Zords. Zordon even says so in the movie.
Old May 4th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #4237
Linkara
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashmanX View Post
I just fin watching all of zeo yesterday. It makes perfect sense for the turbo powers to be car themed because its my impression that every time Billy said he was busy and away doing something when they were teasing the Gold Ranger identity that he was in fact making the Turbo powers.

Blake Foster was in another movie that they were shooting at the time and they liked him so much they wanted to use in in something else. Ol Steve hurting his leg for reals gave them that chance so blame Steve for Justin. And blame Dairanger because if Kiba wasn't a kid in that series they might have thought it was too stupid and idea for Turbo.
Actually, I got that wrong. While Steve Cardenas DID get hurt near the end of Zeo, it wasn't the reason he left the series.
Old May 4th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #4238
Dalek
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashmanX View Post
And blame Dairanger because if Kiba wasn't a kid in that series they might have thought it was too stupid and idea for Turbo.
Nope, they tested this idea first. The rangers being turned into kids in season 2 was really, really popular at the time. That's why it happened again in Alien Rangers, an why they tested the idea as a series with Big Bad Beetleborgs. When BBB kicked the pants off of Zeo in the ratings, they thought they had a proven formula. And when you consider the ratings upswing Turbo went through when Justin wasn't all that different from the beginning to the end, it's hard to dispute.
Old May 5th, 2012, 06:19 AM   #4239
FlashmanX
Prism Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
The RANGERS create the Turbo Zords. Zordon even says so in the movie.
yes same as when trey gave the the super zeo zords they created them by zapping them with energy.
doesn't mean billy wasn't creating the powers suites whatt not when he was disappearing during the whos the gold ranger arc
Old May 5th, 2012, 07:45 AM   #4240
Bobby ShadowBorg
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum Wolf View Post
Yeah, the MF theme is bad. Honestly, all of the tracks, even the two Ron themes, didn't do it for me. None of them really evoked a theme revolving around entirely magic.

Later on the MF theme would grow on me though. But that's probably because of what happens later on.

The problem I think that's being driven at in that video is the...idea. Same with Zordon choosing a 12 year old kid over other, more qualified, candidates to be a ranger. Why in the name of Tommy would Zordon suddenly shift from animals and the like to cars? He puts it in LR and SPD that the vehicle aspect is no problem because these PR's were human made.
I agree with Linkara that the transition between Zeo and Turbo was just ridiculous. If the Zeo powers had been destroyed somehow, it would at least necessitate the need for new powers, but the Zeo crystal wasn't destroyed. they just tossed it aside, and for what? the power of cars. its why I feel that this transition is a step down.

its not like what would come about in Lightspeed Rescue or Time Force, because it makes sense for the Zords on those teams to be vehicles since both teams were created by THE GOVERNMENT.

also, the idea of making a freakin' twelve year old child a Power Ranger is just ridiculous. Even back when the Rangers were turned into kids, the kids were told again and again that things were simply too dangerous for them to engage in certain missions while the Alien Rangers were on Earth... WHY? BECAUSE THEY ARE KIDS!! Hell, Tommy was still the leader even though he'd been turned into a kid, but when Billy was able to restore himself, he essentially took over as leader because he said 'he's bigger and older than the others'. Its an established fact that no one is very likely to take a child seriously in an ADULT situation. This was established even in that one Star Trek Next Generation episode 'Rascals' when that teleportation accident took place that turned Picard, Ro, Keiko and Guinan into children. Picard tried to maintain his role as leader, but everyone looked at him as though he'd grown a second head. It had to take Beverly or Deanna to essentially convince him that people were not going to be very comfortable taking orders from a 12 year old.

So with all of these factors present, what the in the name of all that is holy convinced the writers of Power Rangers that making a 12 year old child a Power Ranger was a good idea? Little kids may have gravitated to the idea of kids as super heroes with Big Bad Beetleborgs, because it was a new show, but long time fans of Power Rangers HATED Justin, and for the most part they still do. And at the time, Power Rangers Turbo was a ratings bomb, and for good reason, hell even the Turbo movie was a box office bomb, and for good reason. Long time fans were turned off by the ridiculous idea of the Rangers giving up the Zeo powers for the powers of freakin' cars, and the fact that a 12 year old child was chosen as Rocky's successor was even more ridiculous and idiotic. It wasn't until the complete change of cast midway through Turbo that ratings started to improve, because people were more willing to accept a NEW team of Rangers having these powers as opposed to the long time established team of Rangers getting these powers.
Closed Thread

Tags
back explosions waaaahhh, blind fanboy love, mega character analysis, no new video, no no-ing, no posting, past his prime, sheep mentality, stalking linkaras twitter