RangerBoard

Go Back   RangerBoard > Discussion Forums > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old May 5th, 2012, 08:00 PM   #4221
Willy105
*explosion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle16 View Post
They haven't said anything one way or another have they?
Saban ordered from Toei a remake of a scene that is straight out of Gokaiger, the actors are being cast using scenes from Gokaiger, and next year is Power Rangers' 20th anniversary.

Of course, it could still be Goseiger.
Old May 5th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #4222
Quantum Wolf
Confusion & Delay!

And at the risk of this becoming another Gokai speculation thread...
-----------------------------------------
I'm not sure if Rangers would've even helped Siruis. Aside from teamups we barely get any indication that teams help each other. This isn't Justice League.
Old May 5th, 2012, 08:43 PM   #4223
Willy105
*explosion*

I guess it's because they are usually never active at the same time.

Teamups usually have to explain why they are even back in the first place (like getting back their powers).
Old May 6th, 2012, 07:01 AM   #4224
Ataruman
SUUPAA DINAMAIT!!!!!!!!!!

If Grumm's invasion of Sirius occurred at the same time as Space/CtD, they would really need to figure out how the heck he could have avoided the effect of the Z-Wave...unless Omni's bizarre power protected his forces from this sudden energy surge affecting the entire universe at that very moment Andros did what he did. (could happen if he's some bizarre being from somewhere else that had to be hidden away all this time) Besides, if Zordon is as omnipotent as he claims he would have known about this and stopped it...but that opens up another can of worms.
Old May 6th, 2012, 07:23 AM   #4225
SirStack
Visit Morphylogeny!
eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataruman View Post
Besides, if Zordon is as omnipotent as he claims he would have known about this and stopped it...
The guy whose rule was "never escalate a battle unless Rita forces you to" would not make any effort to get involved with other universes' affairs like that. The Z-Wave only took out the invading forces working at that moment for Dark Specter; no more, no less.
Old May 6th, 2012, 03:53 PM   #4226
Jarvier
Power Ranger

I would like to know something: What's the point of this thread if the rules say you can't post anything related to the thread?

I mean you can't ask Linkara anything about how, when, where, waht, which, why, etc, related to reviews. You can't spoil or talk about the series, or even about the whole production history of PR, even if you are the nephew of the producer.

And what I can't see of the topics you mention here, I guess there's a lot of threads filled with the same stuff there.
Old May 6th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #4227
coreymon77
VIP Rider

where did you get that idea? The rules are pretty simple.
1. Do not ask when the next review will be out.
2. Do not talk about seasons that he has not yet posted a review for.
3. Use the search function to see if your question has already been answered before posting.
Old May 7th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #4228
Linkara
Power Ranger

And on the contrary, I love to hear production history. Unlike big-budget movies, where there's lots of behind-the-scenes documentation of the production and making-ofs that get leaked on the web, all I get is from interviews, wikis, and anything else that people can very generously provide to me.
Old May 7th, 2012, 07:42 PM   #4229
Myzou
The One You Love to Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum Wolf View Post
And at the risk of this becoming another Gokai speculation thread...
-----------------------------------------
I'm not sure if Rangers would've even helped Siruis. Aside from teamups we barely get any indication that teams help each other. This isn't Justice League.
The whole point of the rangers helping people like the Masked Rider in MMPR and the distress calls during Lost Galaxy and SPD were that Rangers will help anyone that asks for it, providing they can.
Old May 7th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #4230
ReddyRedWolf
Power Ranger

One has to note Grumm's genocidal invasion of Sirius lasted months.

Our only anchor in the timeline was SPD was already on Earth in 2001 trying to create Morphers. Since Doggie was acquainted with B-squad's parents this is after Sirius.

Which is why I base the destruction of Sirians around Zeo to Space.

The Troobian empire doesn't have to be part of the United Alliance of Evil. Like Scorpius' faction it would be independent. Even if the Troobian empire was part of the UAoE it likely broke away like the Machine empire did. Staking its conquests for itself.

Grumm didn't know why Earth was so important. As revealed later it was Omni that was calling the shots.

Though taking's Omni's perspective Earth produced the most number of Rangers in history and it currently has academy that specifically trains Ranger candidates. Yeah better nip the threat at the bud.
Old May 7th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #4231
DragonRanger Warrior mode
The Phantom Lord

Actually, Grumm flat out said that in 2004 he hadn't taken over even most of his future empire yet.

I highly doubt he had taken down Sirus before or during Count Down-that seems like a move you only risk if you have cards on your side, SOME kind of victories.

Mind, I subscribe to the theory that...well I'm not sure if this breaks the rules or not, so I'll just put this up.

This is a kind of sort of spoiler warning for the next season, and more so a fan theory pertaining to it, so Linkara if you're reading this and don't want to hear it just yet, don't go any further.

I've always liked the fan theory that the Master is the Magnificence.

It always made an odd amount of sense to me, given the nature of the Master and the superficial similarities between him and 'Omni', or the Magnificence as Lewis prefers. Down to the title, in fact.

For those who do not know, the theory is is that Grumm was bumming around the universe at the time, 2005/6, Mystic Force's year was a little odd, and he maybe had a few planets under his belt, as he states in Wormhole.

Then this...thing approaches him. This powerful, corrupting, controlling entity-a mere fragment of what it once was, and yet still so evil and deadly...and it brought Grumm to victory after victory. It drove his conquest, to regain its body-it's Magnificence.

That thing being the Master's brain.

The Master, as we know, is this originless lovecraftian horror that has survived being totally and utterly destroyed several times before, always finding a way to regain its form in some fashion, and always acting through agents, corrupting and controlling them, granting them power beyond what they normally had.

However previously when the Master was defeated, it was sealed away on top of its body being destroyed.

At the end of Mystic Force, that wasn't the case. They overloaded the Master with magic and his entire body went boom. It's not unreasonable to think that his brain could have survived, given his nature and what crap he's pulled off before-just flung into the depths of space for Grumm to discover. It'd explain Omni's tentacles nicely.

Of course this is just a fan wanky theory, but it's one I quite enjoy as it adds a certain level of weight between SPD and Mystic Force. God knows Mystic Force could use that weight. Plus, there's nothing explicitly denying it as possible. So that's a plus.
Old May 7th, 2012, 10:10 PM   #4232
TimeForceBlue
Lightning Ranger

I like linkara's reviews on Power Rangers. Especially the review on S.P.D. he does a great job
Old May 8th, 2012, 11:18 AM   #4233
Bobby ShadowBorg
Power Ranger

Am I the only one that had a problem with the lack of an explanation regarding why in Power Rangers in Space the only active Ranger was Andros? Yeah, they eventually talked about Zhane, but Alpha himself said that 'The Power Rangers have always been a team'. So where the hell was Andros' team? What the hell happened to them? It is never explained in the series, although it is hinted at, but not very well that at the time the series begins, Andros was the only surviving member of his team of Karovan Rangers. otherwise, where the hell did the other Astro Morphers come from? A friend of mine once theorized that those were 'spare morphers' for Andros, which I found to be complete bullcrap, because its clear that those morphers had different colors and TWO of the morphers were specifically designed for females, considering that the Pink and Yellow rangers' outfits had skirts to emphasize their femininity.

In addition, Andros' reluctance to even work with the Rangers or form any sort of close bond with the Rangers, in the beginning, has to stem from his reluctance to make friends again over the fear of losing them just like he lost his previous team and not just from what happened to Zhane. Which also explains why he never told them about Zhane or about his long lost sister Karone. In fact BOTH times they only ever find out about these elements of Andros' past BY ACCIDENT, or in the case of Karone, because Carlos was being a sneaky little bastard and eavesdrops on Andros watching the recording of his sister's kidnapping IN PRIVATE.

That's something else that always bugged me, because rather than allow Andros the chance to tell them anything, they are basically INVADING ANDROS' PRIVACY ON PURPOSE INTO THINGS THAT ARE REALLY NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS!
Old May 10th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #4234
Willy105
*explosion*

It never bothered me. I just took it that he had a team before, and they died, of which both him and Zhane were the last survivors. Finding former Rangers out in the middle of a fight, he let them use his old team's morphers.
Old May 10th, 2012, 08:26 PM   #4235
SirianRex
Power Ranger

Hey, Linkara, is there anything you're willing to share with us regarding your thoughts on Mystic Force before you make your review video(s)?
Old May 10th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #4236
Bobby ShadowBorg
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy105 View Post
It never bothered me. I just took it that he had a team before, and they died, of which both him and Zhane were the last survivors. Finding former Rangers out in the middle of a fight, he let them use his old team's morphers.
that is always the assumption, but nothing is ever really stated in the show at all that there was ever a full team aside from Andros and Zhane BEFORE Andros came across the former Turbo Rangers.

I mean granted there was a great deal about Power Rangers in Space that was done well, but the fact that this issue wasn't really addressed in the series just seems like a major misstep by the writers. I mean yeah they did have a great deal of drama and mystery surrounding the revelation of the Silver Ranger, and they did an awesome flashback, but they could've taken it a step further and shown Andros with Zhane and his previous team getting killed or fatally injured in battle, and the only thing that could be saved were their morphers. I can probably understand that the reason this wasn't done was the same reason why they didn't get to a proper resolution to the mystery of the Phantom Ranger, budget restrictions.
Old May 10th, 2012, 09:15 PM   #4237
Linkara
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirianRex View Post
Hey, Linkara, is there anything you're willing to share with us regarding your thoughts on Mystic Force before you make your review video(s)?
Only that I'm a third of the way through the series and enjoying it so far.
Old May 10th, 2012, 10:08 PM   #4238
tasti man LH
SILENCE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby ShadowBorg View Post
that is always the assumption, but nothing is ever really stated in the show at all that there was ever a full team aside from Andros and Zhane BEFORE Andros came across the former Turbo Rangers.

I mean granted there was a great deal about Power Rangers in Space that was done well, but the fact that this issue wasn't really addressed in the series just seems like a major misstep by the writers. I mean yeah they did have a great deal of drama and mystery surrounding the revelation of the Silver Ranger, and they did an awesome flashback, but they could've taken it a step further and shown Andros with Zhane and his previous team getting killed or fatally injured in battle, and the only thing that could be saved were their morphers. I can probably understand that the reason this wasn't done was the same reason why they didn't get to a proper resolution to the mystery of the Phantom Ranger, budget restrictions.
Keeping things as a mystery and leaving things up in the air for people's interpretation? Hardly a "misstep" on the writers part.

Less is more in this case; anything that gives an air of mystery to something is always well-appreciated and keeps things interesting.
Old May 11th, 2012, 12:13 AM   #4239
Bobby ShadowBorg
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkara View Post
Only that I'm a third of the way through the series and enjoying it so far.
Coolbeans. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this. I'm dying to know what you think about the outfits, in particular the capes.

Personally, I love the capes, although I'm assuming the capes on the Rangers' outfits may not be popular with everyone.
Old May 11th, 2012, 12:30 AM   #4240
Quantum Wolf
Confusion & Delay!

I believe Linkara has made a previous statement that he REALLY likes the MF outfits. No word on the capes though.
Closed Thread

Tags
back explosions waaaahhh, blind fanboy love, mega character analysis, no new video, no no-ing, no posting, past his prime, sheep mentality, stalking linkaras twitter